Program-Specific Info / Q's USC OT 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Still waiting for a response on my application. I submitted it back in December. I emailed Liz Carley and she says my application is still being considered. So keeping my fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting for a response on my application. I submitted it back in December. I emailed Liz Carley and she says my application is still being considered. So keeping my fingers crossed!

Same here. I keep logging into USConnect but Liz told me the same thing. Did she give you a time table?

Same here. I keep logging into USConnect but Liz told me the same thing. Did she give you a time table?
She said they are trying to be in touch with all applicants by the end of March

@OT_2015 I got in on January 6th but I know they're making final admission decisions later this week. Good luck to you!

Hi @Shans123. I just received my acceptance into UIC and I'll be attending there in the Fall. Have you made a decision yet as to where you're going?

Has anyone checked their USC connect portal and gotten a denial/rejection yet? Just curious if they only show acceptances and just mail out rejections.

For those who were still awaiting an admission decision, have you gotten any word yet?
And for anyone on this forum, has anyone heard anything new/any updates regarding admissions decisions?
Thanks!

Nope, I've been checking USC connect and nothing yet.

For those who were still awaiting an admission decision, have you gotten any word yet?
And for anyone on this forum, has anyone heard anything new/any updates regarding admissions decisions?
Thanks!

Hi!
I just received an acceptance 3/14. I first received an email to my regular email account, followed by an email message to check my decision status on USConnect on 3/17, and finally a letter in the mail today 3/19. There is an accepted students reception 3/27, but I don't think that necessarily means all the decisions will be made by then. Hope this was helpful and best of luck!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi!
I just received an acceptance 3/14. I first received an email to my regular email account, followed by an email message to check my decision status on USConnect on 3/17, and finally a letter in the mail today 3/19. There is an accepted students reception 3/27, but I don't think that necessarily means all the decisions will be made by then. Hope this was helpful and best of luck!!
@zasunrise
Congrats!
Thanks for sharing this information too!
If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats and when did you submit your application?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I contacted Liz and asked about my application status. She replied pretty quickly, and said decisions would be coming out in the next week. Soon after, she emailed me again saying I was placed on the waitlist! Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it say you were waitlisted on USC Connect as well?

I contacted Liz and asked about my application status. She replied pretty quickly, and said decisions would be coming out in the next week. Soon after, she emailed me again saying I was placed on the waitlist! Anyone else in the same boat?
I just heard I was also waitlisted. There wasn't much info on what that means though. Do you know how many people are waitlisted or where you are on the list?

Does it say you were waitlisted on USC Connect as well?
USC connect still says no decision has been made for me but I got an email saying I was placed on the waitlist.

I just heard I was also waitlisted. There wasn't much info on what that means though. Do you know how many people are waitlisted or where you are on the list?
@epatton @OTabc123 Congratulations! Even though you aren't fully accepted, at least you still have a chance! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Has anyone received an acceptance or know anyone who has received an acceptance after 3/25/2015 (Wednesday)?
It seems like they're just sending waitlist and rejection notices now...hopefully I'm wrong though and hope they're still sending acceptances.

Last edited:
Just got waitlisted today, not going to take it though since I've been accepted to other places but good luck to all!

Just got waitlisted today, not going to take it though since I've been accepted to other places but good luck to all!
@Fbomb10
Did you find out through email, mail, or USConnect?
Congrats on your acceptances to other places!

I got an email from Liz letting me know.

Yesterday, after hearing on here that some people got their application statuses emailed to them, I emailed Director Carley to get the status of my application. She emailed me back today, and said that they mailed out the last of the decision letters today, so I will hear from them soon. I'm just wondering why some people already heard back via email, yet I have to find out my status via mail?

Yesterday, after hearing on here that some people got their application statuses emailed to them, I emailed Director Carley to get the status of my application. She emailed me back today, and said that they mailed out the last of the decision letters today, so I will hear from them soon. I'm just wondering why some people already heard back via email, yet I have to find out my status via mail?
@Idealistic87
Hopefully I'm wrong about this, but I believe everyone who got waitlisted received an email yesterday. People who were accepted were receiving acceptances as early as February and all throughout early-mid March, and the waitlist people received an email yesterday. So I'm assuming that all there is left to do is send out the rejection letters which is via mail (i think they think this is a nicer method to break the news to people). This is just a guess. Hopefully I'm wrong about this since I am in the same boat as you. Good luck to us and everyone else!

If you don't mind me asking, which city do you live in?

Last edited:
@Idealistic87
Hopefully I'm wrong about this, but I believe everyone who got waitlisted received an email yesterday. People who were accepted were receiving acceptances as early as February and all throughout early-mid March, and the waitlist people received an email yesterday. So I'm assuming that all there is left to do is send out the rejection letters which is via mail. This is just a guess. Hopefully I'm wrong about this since I am in the same boat as you are. Good luck to us and everyone else!

If you don't mind me asking, which city do you live in?

Wow! I hope you're wrong that we are going to get rejection letters soon. :( Yes, good luck to all!

I live in Gardena, CA. How about you? Since I live so close to USC, I'm assuming I'll get my (most likely rejection) letter tomorrow.

If you don't mind me asking, do you have a backup plan if you don't get into USC? Have you applied to any other schools? I applied to CSUDH 2 years ago, and was waitlisted and never got off. I also applied to USC last year, but withdrew my application before they made a decision (bad move by the way! :bang:). I have no idea what my backup plan is, as I only applied to USC this cycle.

Wow! I hope you're wrong that we are going to get rejection letters soon. :( Yes, good luck to all!

I live in Gardena, CA. How about you? Since I live so close to USC, I'm assuming I'll get my (most likely rejection) letter tomorrow.

If you don't mind me asking, do you have a backup plan if you don't get into USC? Have you applied to any other schools? I applied to CSUDH 2 years ago, and was waitlisted and never got off. I also applied to USC last year, but withdrew my application before they made a decision (bad move by the way! :bang:). I have no idea what my backup plan is, as I only applied to USC this cycle.

I live in Carson, CA, which is pretty close to you. One of the reasons I ask was, maybe those who live less than 20 miles from USC get their decisions via mail. So hopefully there is still that glimmer of hope for us.

This is my first time applying. I'm planning on applying to CSUDH this year too if I don't get accepted to USC. I'll keep you updated on my status and if I receive anything from USC. Good luck! I pray that we both get in!

I live in Carson, CA, which is pretty close to you. One of the reasons I ask was, maybe those who live less than 20 miles from USC get their decisions via mail. So hopefully there is still that glimmer of hope for us.

This is my first time applying. I'm planning on applying to CSUDH this year too if I don't get accepted to USC. I'll keep you updated on my status and if I receive anything from USC. Good luck! I pray that we both get in!

I think you're very insightful! :) I hope you're right that USC just mails decision letters to applicants who live closeby.

I checked my mail today, and unfortunately, I didn't get anything yet. I'll most likely get the decision letter on Monday. I'll also keep you updated about my status.

Good luck to you too! :) I'm going to eat lunch at the South Bay Pavilion today (I love Carson!).

I think you're very insightful! :) I hope you're right that USC just mails decision letters to applicants who live closeby.

I checked my mail today, and unfortunately, I didn't get anything yet. I'll most likely get the decision letter on Monday. I'll also keep you updated about my status.

Good luck to you too! :) I'm going to eat lunch at the South Bay Pavilion today (I love Carson!).

Aw shucks. Hopefully we all get in. I live in Inglewood and so far no email about being waitlisted. I also emailed Liz Carley and she said I should be receiving mail in the next few days.
If not, I am out of schools and I'll have to try again next year. :(

Well deejayy, your prediction was right. I just got a rejection letter from USC. Not sure if I'm going to reapply a second and last time at CSUDH this year. What now?

Well deejayy, your prediction was right. I just got a rejection letter from USC. Not sure if I'm going to reapply a second and last time at CSUDH this year. What now?
Aww, I didn't want to be right. My (most likely rejection) letter should be coming anytime soon today. All I can say is, keep your head up and stay strong. I assume we are all focused on becoming occupational therapists, therefore if becoming an occupational therapist is truly our goal, we shouldn't settle for anything else and keep going at it. I am still deciding what other schools/options I can do in the meantime. If you want, I'll keep you updated on what my backup/alternate plan is which can hopefully be of some help. Good luck!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but can you apply before you actually receive your bachelor's degree? I am scheduled to graduate next spring semester, so in June. I know USC's program starts in June and the application due dates are in November and February and I want to start right after I graduate. Can you apply before you actually graduate so you can start right away right when the program starts?

@epatton @OTabc123 Congratulations! Even though you aren't fully accepted, at least you still have a chance! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Sure! Here are my stats:

University: Cal Poly SLO
Major: Child Development and Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.7
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: V-153, Q-149, W-4.5

Extra-Curricular: Cal Poly child development club, 4 years autism volunteer group, neurological reorganization assistant

Volunteer:110+ pediatric ot in private practice and school based practice. 50+ home based OT

References: head of child development/psych dept. at Cal Poly, Pediatric OT who was a grad from USC, employer

Also, I emailed Liz back asking a couple questions about the waitlist. She said they admit people off the waitlist every year but the number differs. She also told me that I was in the middle of the list but they don't release how many people are on the list or what your actual number is. USC is my top choice so I am still holding out hope but I am going to move on as if I didn't get in just in case. I got in to WUSTL which was my second choice and is also a great school and will go there if I don't get in to USC. Congrats to all who got in and good luck to the rest of you!!

Reactions: 2 users
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but can you apply before you actually receive your bachelor's degree? I am scheduled to graduate next spring semester, so in June. I know USC's program starts in June and the application due dates are in November and February and I want to start right after I graduate. Can you apply before you actually graduate so you can start right away right when the program starts?

Yes you can! I was accepted in March but I'm graduating from UCLA in June. So I'll start the Monday after the Saturday I graduate

Am I the only one who hasn't heard anything from USC? I thought I would at least get a rejection by now.

Yes you can! I was accepted in March but I'm graduating from UCLA in June. So I'll start the Monday after the Saturday I graduate

Nice, congrats. Is it like any other candidate or are there spacific guidelines that need to be met for people who haven't graduated yet? For example do they tell you that you need a specific GPA when you receive bachelors etc?

Nice, congrats. Is it like any other candidate or are there spacific guidelines that need to be met for people who haven't graduated yet? For example do they tell you that you need a specific GPA when you receive bachelors etc?

It's like any other candidate :)

This was the only condition stated for me since I have already finished all of the prerequisites but no specific GPA is stated:

"Verification of your previous post-secondary degree(s) is required. You may bring the final, official transcript(s) to Trojan Residence Hall (TRO 101). The transcript(s) must be enclosed in their original envelope and must be sealed with security marks intact. The transcript(s) must specify the degree(s) conferred and the date(s) of conferral."

Oh wow they don't even specify to keep a certain GPA, that is nice, I guess lol. Sucks you have to go two days after graduating though lol. Final question, did you apply for the early acceptance or the regular? Thanks!

Oh wow they don't even specify to keep a certain GPA, that is nice, I guess lol. Sucks you have to go two days after graduating though lol. Final question, did you apply for the early acceptance or the regular? Thanks!

Haha, well I'm sure they still expect you to get good grades but its probably because I have finished all of the prerequisites and they have the grades for them already.
I applied for the regular admission because I was still doing prerequisites over Fall quarter so I didn't want to do early admission

Thanks for answering my questions, since I know now you can apply before graduation I'll be doing what you did... Hope I get in too haha. Really only looking at USC right now so I can just commute to school...or West coast University since they are accredited now. Once again congrats for getting in!

no problem! :) happy to help. let me know if you have any other question
thank you ! and goodluck to you!!

can anyone who was accepted let us know when the deadline to commit to USC is? just trying to get an idea of when people on the wait list can expect to hear back! Thanks :)

can anyone who was accepted let us know when the deadline to commit to USC is? just trying to get an idea of when people on the wait list can expect to hear back! Thanks :)
Hey othopeful324,

I was given till end of April to respond. Hope that helps! Best of luck to you.

Last edited:

Liz said I was on the top 3rd of the waitlist and I just got my acceptance letter yesterday asking me to respond by May 5th :)

Liz said I was on the top 3rd of the waitlist and I just got my acceptance letter yesterday asking me to respond by May 5th :)
Congratulations!!!

Thank you, popcornrace and karaOT for letting me know! Liz said I was on the top third of the wait list as well so we'll see what happens..fingers crossed! congrats to both of you :)

I got off the waitlist yesterday! Now I'm waiting to make a decision on whether I will attend USC or Towson

@Fbomb10 I just got off the waitlist yesterday too! Good luck on the decision-making process, I'm on a similar boat too! In case you were wondering @othopeful324 , I found out through email!

I got off the waitlist yesterday! Now I'm waiting to make a decision on whether I will attend USC or Towson
Congrats!! Do you know where you were on the waitlist before they accepted you? I called yesterday and they said I moved up from the top of the middle third to the first third. I am just trying to figure out where in the top third I am now! You have a tough decision to make now!!

@Fbomb10 I just got off the waitlist yesterday too! Good luck on the decision-making process, I'm on a similar boat too! In case you were wondering @othopeful324 , I found out through email!
Congrats!! Do you know where you started on the waitlist? Just trying to figure out where I might be now!!

Congrats!! Do you know where you started on the waitlist? Just trying to figure out where I might be now!!
Sorry, I never actually knew my placement on the waitlist! But good luck!