USC Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
eh being labeled a "waitlist"/AC isnt too bad yet. they admitted about 150 so far? and last year they admitted 282? so they have only admitted about half the students so far.

Members don't see this ad.

eh being labeled a "waitlist"/AC isnt too bad yet. they admitted about 150 so far? and last year they admitted 282? so they have only admitted about half the students so far.

They admitted a total of 282 last year but they only have enough seats for 180. So if they've admitted 150 students thus far, we still don't know how many of those 150 put down a deposit. Assuming that all 150 already put down the deposit, however, it leaves around only 30 more seats.

yeah we dont.
but i think it is likely that they will admit about the same number as last year, about 280, then minus the 150 already admitted, and someone posted above that they will admit 40 people from the April interview, this leaves 90 more spots for those currently on active consideration.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm guessing that almost all of those that were placed on active consideration from January will get accepted since they said that they interview the most competitive of applicants in January. The applicants who will be placed on active consideration from april might be in for a coin toss..but that's just my guess

My parents heard from someone else that if you are on the waitlist (Active Consideration), then you can check your place in line if you call. Is this a real thing? I wouldn't want to look stupid and somehow cause any damage to my current standing.

i would just wait it out. just a couple more weeks until april decisions release.
i think after that, then you could start calling and appealing.

Is there anyone here that's been placed on active consideration but has been accepted to other schools? If so, do you still wish to attend USC? Or will you guys probably go with the other school, given that you've been accepted already? I guess what I'm wondering is, do you still want to attend a school that has designated you as a "waitlist" or would you prefer attending the school that has already accepted you?

Already made plans to attend somewhere else, but it's not just because of the admissions status..I actually prefer the other school for a variety of reasons and would have still attended there if I received acceptance day 1 from USC. That said, this is the only place I interviewed that I didn't get into and my ego has me checking this thread still. :oops: :p

I hope so too. Did they say anything about if they'll let us know by this week?

From what I heard, they should let us know 3-4 weeks after the last interview day. So that means we should hear back either this week or next. Good luck to all those who are patiently waiting!

yeah they had one earlier this month I think. my friend says they just had some food etc. I heard there will be another reception in the summer

Members don't see this ad :)
is there anyone on here that's already been accepted to another school but is currently on active consideration for usc?

JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!! From april interview OMG SOOOOO HAPPPYYYYY :) :)

so, so far..2 people on this thread have heard back..anyone else hear back today?

so, so far..2 people on this thread have heard back..anyone else hear back today?

nothing, looks like either the rest haven't responded, have put on ac, or??

i have nothing so far :(

ppl in the TAP program haven't received anything either yet. (though most had already been admitted months ago).

just curious: if you've been accepted to more than one school and placed more than one deposit down, how does the school of your choice know to "lock" you into their system? I guess what I'm really asking is, if you've placed more than one deposit, how does fafsa know which school to lock in for financial purposes? I know this is a general question, and doesn't just belong to this thread per say. But I just wanted to get your input.

is there a way to call admissions to find out about the order of waitlist if that exists??

just curious: if you've been accepted to more than one school and placed more than one deposit down, how does the school of your choice know to "lock" you into their system? I guess what I'm really asking is, if you've placed more than one deposit, how does fafsa know which school to lock in for financial purposes? I know this is a general question, and doesn't just belong to this thread per say. But I just wanted to get your input.

They don't, which ever reward you accept "and sign" will be the school

there will probably be more acceptances to come right? has anyone called in?

I just looked at the 2016 thread and saw that acceptances were released on 4-18 and then more acceptances on 4-30, then finally on 5-03 active considerations were sent out.

has anyone else gotten a big envelope in the mail, but no email about being accepted??

has anyone else gotten a big envelope in the mail, but no email about being accepted??

No, I haven't. Check your spam box to be sure though. I'm still waiting to hear back. I wonder if they will send more acceptances next week.

I haven't heard anything yet either. I think we should be prepared for the worst..

looking at the threads from the previous years, it looks like they accepted some people mid-April and some more people the end of April. The rest of the applicants were put on active consideration or were rejected..

did anyone get an AC email after the April interview? From people who were accepted, did you get a big envelope in the mail with a bunch of papers to sign and turn in enrollment deposit??

Got my acceptance email on April 24th and my packet in the mail on the 26th. Unfortunately I've decided to go with another school. Good luck to everyone on the wait list.

i called in and they said they are still working on the apps and hope to be done by the end of this week.

i called in and they said they are still working on the apps and hope to be done by the end of this week.
seriously thanks.
so there's a chance that TAP kids put on AC from jan interview could be put on AC again??

I think that's a possibility because based on threads from previous years, some people didn't know if they got in until June or July.

Just got a conditional acceptance offer via email this afternoon, so it looks like they are still making decisions this week.

Just got the conditional acceptance today at 2:26 pm. I was on AC since October! That was a long wait!

What is the title of your conditional acceptance emails? Thanks