USC Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on april 6 and just received an email that I am placed on active consideration. I didnt think they would place any april interviewees on AC. I feel like my chance of getting in is slim, considering all the other AC applicants from the earlier interviews :/ o welll! Anyways congrats to everyone who got in!!!

Members don't see this ad.

From April interview. Got put on ac

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the conditional acceptance today at 2:26 pm. I was on AC since October! That was a long wait!

I got my acceptance today at 2:25 pm! (Bow to your senior student lol). I was on AC since my interview in February.

one of my friends who already got in told me he got conditional acceptance it it said they wanted him to finish up all his pre-reqs with a 3.2 avg

gosh i didnt get an acceptance or an active consideration today!

Got AC yesterday at 4:48pm. Been on it since Oct. Heard about a student that was on waitlist all the way until he was accepted 1 week after school already started! I'm not letting that give me any false hope though. I think my chances are pretty slim at this point.

Got AC yesterday at 4:48pm. Been on it since Oct. Heard about a student that was on waitlist all the way until he was accepted 1 week after school already started! I'm not letting that give me any false hope though. I think my chances are pretty slim at this point.

Hey man, same here, got put on AC yesterday as well. Been on the waitlist since October.
I thought USC looked at earlier interviewers first when making decisions, or do they just lump everyone together once they got onto the waitlist?

Hey man, same here, got put on AC yesterday as well. Been on the waitlist since October.
I thought USC looked at earlier interviewers first when making decisions, or do they just lump everyone together once they got onto the waitlist?

That would be nice but I'm not sure how they do it. I tried to ask some friends at USC and they weren't too sure. This waiting is killer though. If I hear anything new I'll post it.

Members don't see this ad :)
they said they'll be a lot of movement over summer so theres still hope for those on AC but bad news is we may not hear anything until a week before school starts. they've admitted most of the class already and reduced the AC list so those of us on it will basically stay on it for a while, unless were lucky enough to get an acceptance!

I thought AC was the waitlist? Or are you just talking about the time where you heard nothing back?

Anyways, my hypothesis is that they score everyone based on how well they did in the interview, and that's what they use to prioritize.

Last edited:
I thought AC was the waitlist? Or are you just talking about the time where you heard nothing back?

Anyways, my hypothesis is that they score everyone based on how well they did in the interview, and that's what they use to prioritize.
They should probably score based on the application also.
So, the application lets say.. is out of 50 (based on GPA, LOR, extra curric.) and you get 40/50.
Then the interview & essay is also out of 50... and you get another 40/50
Then you would total 80/100. Then they could look at your total score.

That's just what I think. To make it fair for those who don't have such a high gpa/extra curric, they have a chance to prove themselves during interview/essay.

Just called in... They said the remaining applications will all be processed by Monday. Good luck to everyone!

I called in last week and they mentioned that the class was now full....

i also called last week on wednesday and was told the class isnt full yet...
ugh i hope they get back to us on monday or tuesday. i still didnt get anything..

I called today. The class in full, so she said the only chance is to get in is to wait for those that changed their mind, and the could wait until the week before class starts.

How many essays did USC require in the supplemental app? I'm too lazy to look through all 12 pages of posts :p

if i remember correctly, it was 2 fairly short ones.

hey so for those of us who are still waitlisted, when do you think we should expect to hear back about our status? Are they still going to email us every month with an update, or will they only update us if spots open?

i would assume that we won't hear anything until we hear were accepted or rejected

If all the apps are processed by monday, shouldn't we have heard back by today or at least sometime this week? Do they really expect us to accept a spot after school starts?

i don't think they are done processing all the applications as it seems there is still a number of us who haven't heard back anything since the april cycle ended.
yet people have said the admissions office is saying the class is full already... so i dont know.

I called today and they said everyone should have received an email by now. If you don't have an email then check your spam folder. If its not in there, call them and they will send another.

I called today and they said everyone should have received an email by now. If you don't have an email then check your spam folder. If its not in there, call them and they will send another.
what does the email say?

I just called Dona who said the class is not full and we probably won't hear back until finals are over so.....yeah.

Lol well sounds like they're telling all sorts of different **** to us

I called again, the lady in the admission says there are some movements. They are going to shorten the AC, and send out denial letter and letter of interest to put on waitlist. And we should hear something soon from them. Good luck to all of us that are on the AC for now.

I called again, the lady in the admission says there are some movements. They are going to shorten the AC, and send out denial letter and letter of interest to put on waitlist. And we should hear something soon from them. Good luck to all of us that are on the AC for now.

did they mention when we should hear back?

hey so i just heard that emails were send out this morning but I haven't received anything yet..has anyone else? Any rejections and/or acceptances?

hey so i just heard that emails were send out this morning but I haven't received anything yet..has anyone else? Any rejections and/or acceptances?

I received an expression of interest form this morning...did anyone else?
I wonder if they really sent out rejections...

Does anyone know if we have to send the Fall/Winter official transcripts to USC now or we wait after finishing spring semester?

How many essays did USC require in the supplemental app? I'm too lazy to look through all 12 pages of posts :p

Search is your friend. If your too lazy to look for information than reconsider another professional field.

I got that letter too. The submit button didn't do anything for me. I am using Chrome, so had to e-mail to make sure they received it.

i contacted them and was told I would get this expression of interest form on monday...

I got the expression of interest form too. Geez there's 130 on the wait list still!

I got that letter too. The submit button didn't do anything for me. I am using Chrome, so had to e-mail to make sure they received it.

I didn't even see the submit button? Is that just me

For those who got accepted, let me know if you need help with paperwork or have any concerns. I will try to help answer any questions that you guys might have.

Also, have you guys set up your own facebook group page yet? I highly recommended that you guys do it because you guys will help each other during the school year.

Did thou use Internet explorer or open it directly from adobe reader?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I clicked the link in that email. I don't see submit button at all. The right corner says comments.

I didn't see a submit button either. Did you guys just email it like I did?

Uploading all these forms for financial aid is frustrating. A 4 MB file size upload limit? What is this, the 1990s? I spent the longest time trying to compress, but ended up faxing instead. How archaic.