USC Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Has USC even denied anyone for an interview or admissions? Do they just keep those people hanging there??
But because of its tuition and campus location and many other factors that have nothing to do with its program quality, many top-notch students would opt for UCSF and UCSD

Anyone on this site that is currently at USC Pharmacy or got accepted recently? If so, what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have 3.8 GPA from my undergrad. No PCAT. Three years of volunteering experience at a hospital pharmacy. Two years of undergrad research. A couple of scholarships...
What else do you wanna know?

I am also torn between USC and UCSD.

LA would be new experience for me since I've lived in San Diego while going to UCSD for my undergrad....but...San Diego is a city that I'm sure that I love...Also, I have been getting mixed reviews about USC. I have heard that USC can get cliquey like high school and the class becomes segregated once people join fraternities. I also heard that sometimes professors do not even show up for class. This does not appeal to me.

Are there are any students who can share some positive experiences about USC? What they like about the program? And if the faculty and staff are supportive and committed?

Hi! I'm a first year at USC..and I was also in a similar situation where I was torn between USC and UCSD. However, I am from Los Angeles and so for me it was easier to make a decision because I wanted to stay here, practice pharmacy here, and basically be a Trojan since I can remember. As far as what you heard about the frats, let me just tell you regardless of being in one or not, you will definitely make friends!!! I am not in a frat and am doing just fine. All that matters in the end is what YOU bring to every experience. Regarding what you heard about teachers not showing up...well that doesn't appeal to me as well, but we've unfortunately have had a professor pass away and one become very ill and therefore course coordinators from one particular class have been at the last minute, trying to find alternatives who are just as great. Some things just happen that are uncontrollable. In any school you go to there are great professors, good professors, or some professors you just don't mesh with. There is no perfect school. USC has an impossible amount of opportunities that you can't get anywhere else. Any kind of field or resource you are looking for, USC can help you in some way. But from my experience and many of my friends', there is a lot of self learning at USC. It gets challenging and overwhelming and professors expect a lot from you! I suggest you talk with more people because you should not form your opinion about USC just because you heard professors didn't show up or that there are "cliques." USC has ~ 190 people, you are bound to form your own circle of close-knit friends. Good luck with your decision and go with what you know is right for you

I have a similar situation as you...I can't decide between Touro, USC or UCSD. Touro is closer to home and I like to have the option to go home when I want to, but I am leaning more towards USC or UCSD. I agree with you about USC's reputation and they do have a big alumni network in SoCal. But I also like how UCSD is a public school so the tuition is cheaper.

And I heard that USC is more for people who want to go into retail? But I am not too sure.

I didn't get a chance to explore the campus at USC or UCSD when I interviewed :(. But from what I've heard is that the area around USC is not too safe. Does anyone have any advice or opinion?

Hi! I'm a first year at USC. I've actually heard from a few faculty that USC trains all of us to be clinical pharmacists. And being a clinical pharmacist means that you won't just be a robot filling prescriptions! You are going to learn to give immunizations, screen people for diabetes and hypertension and also have a solid scientific foundation. This will help you in any setting you choose to practice in after graduation. Any setting you choose, USC can help! The area surrounding our school isn't the GREATEST on earth, but honestly most people that move down from other cities choose to find a place in Pasadena or Alhambra. Choose wisely this is a big decision--I remember being in your shoes :) Good luck!!

Skimmed through his posts and read the whole frat thing thought he was college, my bad guys!

I am just wondering if anyone know the estimated number of people were accepted each interview and the number of people accepted from the AC list after each interview? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
i know someone has heard about the march interview but has anyone else?

I am just wondering if anyone know the estimated number of people were accepted each interview and the number of people accepted from the AC list after each interview? Thanks

I don't think we can estimate for this year...yet. USC is doing this weird process of accepting applicants this year so it's difficult to figure them out. From 1st interview, they accepted 15 students. 2nd interview, they accepted 40 students and pulled out 20 students from AC list. The results for 3rd interview are not out yet; however, I think they want ~30-40 applicants for each round to get ~120-160 applicants by April. From the number of decline and left over spots, they might give it to their TAP students or pull people of off the AC list or maybe have a 5th interview.

Haven't heard back regarding interview; called them today and was told that they have basically contacted anyone they are planning to contact for the final interview; the only way they'd contact additional ppl is if those who are called to interview do not confirm interview attendance. So, if you're not planning to attend the interview and you were granted a spot, please let them know so others can have a chance!!

Haven't heard back regarding interview; called them today and was told that they have basically contacted anyone they are planning to contact for the final interview; the only way they'd contact additional ppl is if those who are called to interview do not confirm interview attendance. So, if you're not planning to attend the interview and you were granted a spot, please let them know so others can have a chance!!

I just got accepted to UCSD on Friday, so I'm planning on calling USC tomorrow to decline my interview offer (don't want to waste money traveling if I don't have to). Hopefully that opens one up for someone else! Good luck!

I was recently invited to the March 24th interview and Im pretty excited to go! Who else is going?

I'll also be attending the 3/24 Interview!! This is probably the last one hmph? Not sure how slim my chances are/how many ppl have already been accepted, but I'll do my best nonetheless! Hope to see some of you there :)

yoseobie and byebyebeautyful when did you guys find out?

I'll also be attending the 3/24 Interview!! This is probably the last one hmph? Not sure how slim my chances are/how many ppl have already been accepted, but I'll do my best nonetheless! Hope to see some of you there :)

If it helps, I was taken from the March interview. Albeit off the waitlist, but accepted nonetheless.

Acceptance e-mail went out today :) Good luck everyone!

Acceptance e-mail went out today :) Good luck everyone!

Did you get an acceptance email? If so, which interview date did you attend? I wonder if they will be sending out A/C email today as well. I haven't received anything yet. :confused:

how did u find out ?U received an email? so they are not mailing yellow package any more ?

The admission coordinator sent an e-mail saying that a 9x12 envelope should arrive in our mailboxes by Saturday or early next week. Since it's been raining up here in NorCal, I'm glad I didn't have to wait by the mailbox all day!

Just got accepted to USC. I attended the interview on 2/25 !!! good luck to you all

hi PharmM, did you get the acceptance by email?
Yes, I received an email telling me that I was accepted and that I will receive the envelop either on Saturday or early next week.

Did you get an acceptance email? If so, which interview date did you attend? I wonder if they will be sending out A/C email today as well. I haven't received anything yet. :confused:

Yep, I interviewed on 2/25. I hope we're classmates if you find out today:)

Yep, I interviewed on 2/25. I hope we're classmates if you find out today:)

Haha I hope so too. I did not get an email but I'll remain optimistic!!! BTW Congrats on your acceptance. :thumbup:

I got the acceptance email today too!! Sooo shocked to hear back so soon, I interviewed in Feb. Can't wait to see the "big 9X12 envelope"!!!

Yes, I received an email telling me that I was accepted and that I will receive the envelop either on Saturday or early next week.

Did they mention how many ppl are accepted and how many from the AC??? Thank you

Has anyone from the october/january interviews received an update (AC/acceptance) yet? :confused:

Did they mention how many ppl are accepted and how many from the AC??? Thank you
Nope. It did not say anything other than that I was accepted. Hope you will hear good news soon.. Good Luck

Nope. It did not say anything other than that I was accepted. Hope you will hear good news soon.. Good Luck
are you from the norcal area, is that why they sent you the email? i remember calling the admissions and they told me they would only notify via mail if you got in. but wow, congrats!!

Thanks PharmM. Congrats on your acceptance. Im on the AC from Jan, so I have to keep waiting ...

are you from the norcal area, is that why they sent you the email? i remember calling the admissions and they told me they would only notify via mail if you got in. but wow, congrats!!
I am in socal actually. Good luck to you and hope you get good news soon

I interviewed in February too. Received acceptance today but I'm still waiting for them to offer my gf an interview!! Lol

Did anyone from AC receive an acceptance email from USC?

Yes!!!! I got off AC today. Interviewed in Jan. WOOHOO! Got into my first choice! Good luck to you though!

Hey Lilipad! It has been a while...congratulations to you! Glad to hear that you'll be joining us in the fall!

Join us on facebook group guys :)

Last edited:
Hey Lilipad! It has been a while...congratulations to you! Glad to hear you'll be joining us in the fall! Join us on facebook group guys :)

Thanks!!! And just saw the link to the facebook group. So so so excited!!!!!

And good luck to those with interviews coming up!!!!

Yes!!!! I got off AC today. Interviewed in Jan. WOOHOO! Got into my first choice! Good luck to you though!

Wow!! Congrats to you! You got accepted to all your schools. Thats awsome. Im still waiting :(

I just got accepted yesterday too! :)
But i have a question, during the interviews, did anyone get the feeling that the USC students were really stressed?
Also, if anyone has time, can they say why they are deciding to go to USC? Please and thank you :)

I just got accepted yesterday too! :)
But i have a question, during the interviews, did anyone get the feeling that the USC students were really stressed?
Also, if anyone has time, can they say why they are deciding to go to USC? Please and thank you :)

Congrats wishinstar! I remember you! :) Come join us in our fb group and we'll be glad to answer any questions that you may have. I got a couple of P1 students to join us in our fb group. Feel free to ask them about your questions.

Congrats to everyone!

Seems like you all received an acceptance email yesterday... will they still be sending acceptance letters (or AC letters)?

:(