USC Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For those who are interested in the format, its changed a little this year.

The interview is still twenty minutes and you'll be interviewed by a current PharmD student (P2 and up) and a faculty member. However, the time given for the essay prompt is now one hour instead of the twenty minutes that it used to be.

Members don't see this ad :)

The interview is still twenty minutes and you'll be interviewed by a current PharmD student (P2 and up) and a faculty member. However, the time given for the essay prompt is now one hour instead of the twenty minutes that it used to be.

so the essay will not be on rephrasing anymore?

Not sure if this change is good or bad. Do you have any advice on how to prepare on the interview?

anyone else think the interview was really rough?

word of advice:

interview feedback on SDN can be misleading. i legitimately feel as though i had a stress interview. the interview really depends on the people interviewing you.

i can honestly say i'm pretty good with interviews, but i left feeling like crap. so either i had a stress interview or i blew it.

word of advice:

interview feedback on SDN can be misleading. i legitimately feel as though i had a stress interview. the interview really depends on the people interviewing you.

i can honestly say i'm pretty good with interviews, but i left feeling like crap. so either i had a stress interview or i blew it.

I would definitely take the interview feedback with a grain of salt as each person's experience will be different and some people will leave with a much better feeling than others. It's a good resource to have to get a sense of what could be coming, but always be prepared for the worst; it's one of those things where if it goes exactly as you read about, you feel great, but if it's totally different, you feel as though you were blindsided and weren't prepared at all.

What made you feel it didn't go well for you? Was it the questions or did you just not feel a very good connection with your interviewers? I remember leaving mine last year pretty discouraged and feeling it didn't go well at all, but here I am now. Either way, you're done now so don't over-analyze or stress over it too much. Hope to hear some good news in 3-4 weeks!

I would definitely take the interview feedback with a grain of salt as each person's experience will be different and some people will leave with a much better feeling than others. It's a good resource to have to get a sense of what could be coming, but always be prepared for the worst; it's one of those things where if it goes exactly as you read about, you feel great, but if it's totally different, you feel as though you were blindsided and weren't prepared at all.

What made you feel it didn't go well for you? Was it the questions or did you just not feel a very good connection with your interviewers? I remember leaving mine last year pretty discouraged and feeling it didn't go well at all, but here I am now. Either way, you're done now so don't over-analyze or stress over it too much. Hope to hear some good news in 3-4 weeks!

Hmm, we didn't spend a lot of time at all talking about myself or any activities i've been involved in. The first question was why pharmacy, and that led into this weird, almost lecture type thing about medications and pharmacists. The faculty interviewer pretty much took over the whole thing and started asking a bunch of questions that there was no way i would have been able to prepare for, and sometimes he would even ask the student interviewer the same question he would ask me, and the student would respond almost similarly to me, in the sense that i feel like it caught me off guard.

at the last minute, i was asked about leadership, and at that point, it seemed totally random compared to the rest of the interview.

Hmm, we didn't spend a lot of time at all talking about myself or any activities i've been involved in. The first question was why pharmacy, and that led into this weird, almost lecture type thing about medications and pharmacists. The faculty interviewer pretty much took over the whole thing and started asking a bunch of questions that there was no way i would have been able to prepare for, and sometimes he would even ask the student interviewer the same question he would ask me, and the student would respond almost similarly to me, in the sense that i feel like it caught me off guard.

at the last minute, i was asked about leadership, and at that point, it seemed totally random compared to the rest of the interview.

My interview was pretty close to what most of the current P1 students mentioned. It seemed pretty conversational for me, and the faculty and student made sure not to stray too far from their standard set of questions or go over the time limit.

Members don't see this ad :)
The next interview date is in January. LONG time from now! Good luck everyone!

anyone else think the interview was really rough?

I don't know it was really weird... they asked me more than 20 questions ...all of the questions that every one could imagine... it was really surprising for me....

i literally was asked only 4 questions. the interview was 20 minutes...

really low stress...

I surmise that one of you took 1 minute to answer every question and the other one took 5 minutes to answer every question and that was the difference.

I surmise that one of you took 1 minute to answer every question and the other one took 5 minutes to answer every question and that was the difference.

it really just depends on the interviewer from what i've learned hahaha

questions were:

tell me about yourself
1 pos. and 1 neg. aspect of pharmacy
how would i give back to usc
what activities i was involved in at ucsd

questions were:

tell me about yourself

Oh those questions aren't too bad. I think the toughest for me would be how i would give back.

questions were:

tell me about yourself
yaa ...I didnt get that lucky.. he asked my about my job and my volunteer work in details...he asked me about the detail of usc.. ex: if we give u a chance which dual program u will be into.... they didnt aske any thing about myself at all. All the concerns that society has for pharmacy....and the the concerns of pharmacists.... Omg it was too many questions.....

yaa ...I didnt get that lucky.. he asked my about my job and my volunteer work in details...he asked me about the detail of usc.. ex: if we give u a chance which dual program u will be into.... they didnt aske any thing about myself at all. All the concerns that society has for pharmacy....and the the concerns of pharmacists.... Omg it was too many questions.....

how was the writing section for you?

how was the writing section for you?
9:30.... he didn't ask about myself at all just health care and pharmacy issues...actually the faculty member was so nice and calm...but the PharmD student made me nuts...she was the one who was asking me the hard ones...she was asking me different question while i was trying to answer the previous one...

9:30.... he didn't ask about myself at all just health care and pharmacy issues...actually the faculty member was so nice and calm...but the PharmD student made me nuts...she was the one who was asking me the hard ones...she was asking me different question while i was trying to answer the previous one...

that's so weird, my student interviewer didnt say too much at all hahaha.

this suspense is killing me, i just want them to decide already

that's so weird, my student interviewer didnt say too much at all hahaha.

this suspense is killing me, i just want them to decide already

how come your status says pre-medical? lol. Ohhhhhhhh, you must be one of them haha JK

My interviewer was very intimidating, so i don't know :( we can only wish for the best. the suspense is killing me also! how long were your essays by the way?

My interviewer was very intimidating, so i don't know :( we can only wish for the best. the suspense is killing me also! how long were your essays by the way?

mine was about 1 and a half pages, what time did you interview at?

mine was about 1 and a half pages, what time did you interview at?

mine was late :( 11 am? haha. i came in pretty confident. maybe because I was sick or maybe because my interviewer was super close to me, I started to freak out....... what about you?

mine was late :( 11 am? haha. i came in pretty confident. maybe because I was sick or maybe because my interviewer was super close to me, I started to freak out....... what about you?

I interviewed at 8:30, and I came in pretty confident as well, but wow, i feel like my interviewer tore me apart... do you remember the name of yours?

I am glad I was not the only one that had this feeling.....:xf:

does anyone know how many groups there were in total? i think there were 5 or maybe 6? Did anyone have an interview time later than 11:45 ?

does anyone know how many groups there were in total? i think there were 5 or maybe 6? Did anyone have an interview time later than 11:45 ?

There were 5 groups of 20, total of 100

thats what the pharm students told me, but i dunno, it doesn't really matter. CWAL

really you don't think the order matters? I mean I learned in psychology that usually the first and the last group are most memorable. lol. I was told that on the first interview date, they invite 150, second would be 100, third 100, 4th 100. i don't know. lol. what's CWAL?

really you don't think the order matters? I mean I learned in psychology that usually the first and the last group are most memorable. lol. I was told that on the first interview date, they invite 150, second would be 100, third 100, 4th 100. i don't know. lol. what's CWAL?

haha, ok i dont know anymore. one of the P1s was telling me that the interview groups were much smaller than last year. but hey, who knows i guess?

i used to be a part of a hiring committee for something and i used to do interviews, you pretty much remember people that you like and people that you don't like. everyone in between kind of gets lost in the mix.

oh, and it's Can't Wait Any Longer

oh, and it's Can't Wait Any Longer

OMG that's intense! i seriously hope we all get in!! hmmm i guess being in the middle is better than having a bad image? idk. good luck :) please let me know if you hear good news!! hopefully we'll all be classmates!!!!!!

OMG that's intense! i seriously hope we all get in!! hmmm i guess being in the middle is better than having a bad image? idk. good luck :) please let me know if you hear good news!! hopefully we'll all be classmates!!!!!!
I hope ...Good luck every one ....:xf:

Does anyone receive invite for January Interview? I'm just wondering when they will send out invites for January Interview?

Does anyone receive invite for January Interview? I'm just wondering when they will send out invites for January Interview?

I looked at last year's thread and they didn't send them until mid december

Same here waiting is killing me :scared:

Do you guys know if they send acceptance letters through snail mail or email?