USC (University of Southern California) C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koercive

Industry HE&OR, Large Cap Pharma
Partner Organization
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, congrats on getting into USC!

I just graduated in May. Lemme know if you have questions. Keep in mind they changed the curriculum a bit since I started. And apparently, you guys get a nicer lecture hall than what we had!

Places to eat near school:
-Norris Cancer Hospital has cheaper and healthier food options than the USC food court (a short walk from the pharm school), try their protein taco salad - lettuce/chicken/tomato/cheese/salsa/avocado/sour cream in a big box for under 5 bucks
-Dino's Burgers - big portions, neighborhood favorite for burgers/chicken or asada plates
-King Taco - great Mexican food
-Otomisan - this is a hidden gem: mom and pop Japanese restaurant in the middle of east LA. highly recommend!
-Fosselman's ice cream in Alhambra
-Cha Cha Chili - Asian/Mexican fusion

Also, some background: I am doing a fellowship for a pharma company in outcomes research. My best advice to you is to explore the non-traditional careers that you will get exposed to at USC such as managed care/pharma. (eg: Dr. Lieskovan's pharmaceutical industry elective). For your fourth year, there are opportunities to do rotations at the FDA, PBMs/health plans, and drug companies. I highly recommend at least exploring these areas. Not gonna lie, the retail and clinical pharmacy job market is getting pretty tight, so it's always good to have options. Also, check out the dual degrees that USC offers (it can get a bit pricey to do another degree, but it may improve your job prospects coming out of school).

GL!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the info. Will be in touch :)