USDA Accreditation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

that redhead

10+ Year Member
Contest Winner!
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience in getting USDA accreditation as a veterinarian? I found the information online but was wondering if anyone had personal experience they'd be willing to share here or through PM :) Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have experience in getting USDA accreditation as a veterinarian? I found the information online but was wondering if anyone had personal experience they'd be willing to share here or through PM :) Thanks!
I am accredited so I can write health certificates. It was really boring.

I am accredited so I can write health certificates. It was really boring.

I was looking into it because some of the residency programs I'm interested in listed it as a preference or bonus. Website says you can do the IAT through school, but I checked and my university doesn't offer anything. I can always shoot the lady an email and ask about it though :)

Did you start in school or after graduating?

I was looking into it because some of the residency programs I'm interested in listed it as a preference or bonus. Website says you can do the IAT through school, but I checked and my university doesn't offer anything. I can always shoot the lady an email and ask about it though :)

Did you start in school or after graduating?
Started in school. Did all the IAT tests, etc. But you have to finish it after school - there's another class that you have to take in person. We did it during the transition to clinics week.