Use old practice tests for 2015 mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dub1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will this be beneficial? If not what are some good ways to prepare for the 2015 version?

Members don't see this ad.

For now, that's the best we have available. I'm guessing prep companies will be releasing their own practice tests shortly before or after the first 2015 MCAT. Hopefully the former.

Reactions: 1 user
Who are these brave souls who are going to take the new test within the first few weeks without having proper knowledge of the test?

Who are these brave souls who are going to take the new test within the first few weeks without having proper knowledge of the test?

At least the new testers in April will get $150 giftcard :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be taking it in May. I do plan to use the tests as practice. I am hopeful that adcoms will not crucify those of us that may have a retake if I blow it next year. I couldn't get into physics as a freshman, so I can't take the test in January.

@Flashfan

I guess adcoms will just look at percentile so it doesn't really matter as long as you do better (or fail less) than your peers.

@Flashfan

I guess adcoms will just look at percentile so it doesn't really matter as long as you do better (or fail less) than your peers.

Yes but I will also be judged against all those that raced to take the old MCAT. Next year will be hard because I will be applying before there is a lot of data on the average scores coming out.

Hello SN2ed, the post about your three month MCAT schedule thread was closed so I wasn't sure where to contact you. I wanted to ask you something.

I took the MCAT and got a 25 (6 V, 7 Ps and 12 Bs) because I used my own way of studying by studying subject by subject. I would completely finish the physics examkrackers book then do 1001 physics. Once that was completed, I'd start next subject. My biggest mistake was allowing 10 days to work strictly on verbal which I finished examkrackers verbal 101.

I'd like to follow a strict schedule like yours this time but I have already used the 1001 examkrackers and the AAMC exams. I can't afford buying anymore because I've spent roughly $5,000 on a course and books etc.

I bought the Berkeley review books and wanted to ask if it is fine to still follow your schedule although I've practiced AAMC and 1001 books already. I took my first exam on August 1st and my second exam will be January 23rd. Thank you.

Will this be beneficial? If not what are some good ways to prepare for the 2015 version?
It will be beneficial to use the practice tests but you also have to keep in mind that they are switching it up. The new MCAT will be based more on the behavioral sciences. Hope I helped you a little!

It will be beneficial to use the practice tests but you also have to keep in mind that they are switching it up. The new MCAT will be based more on the behavioral sciences. Hope I helped you a little!

I would recommend AAMC R exams if you can get your hands on them. They are 77 PS questions/60 VR questions/77 BS questions. Will certainly build up stamina if you do the exam in one sitting with 10-15 min breaks. It's about 5 hours if you take a 20 minute break each time.