USF CoM 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Gatordoc!

Sorry for my really late reply. But yes what you said is what I wanted to do as well. So it would be nice if we can PM each other email id's or somehow get in touch. Then we can make a trip to tampa and see what we like and if we want to be roomies!!! When is your spring break? and when do you plan on visiting tampa?

Hey no worries! I had to self impose limited internet the last few days cause i seriously procrastinated on my immunology test lol.
I sent you a PM:)

Members don't see this ad.

I just got accepted on the 1st too!!! Can't wait to meet everyone! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else going to the second look program in April? I'm between UF and USF at this point, and I'm hoping that the second look programs at the respective schools will help me pick.

Looking forward to meeting my potential future classmates!

Anybody else going to the second look program in April? I'm between UF and USF at this point, and I'm hoping that the second look programs at the respective schools will help me pick.

I'm going!

I interviewed at UF and didn't like it much there. USF is 100 times better...but then again, I'm totally biased, lol

I am going, too. I just got the official invitation and registered. See you in April!

I saw the 'host' note, do we stay with a student overnight?

havent been on here in a few weeks but now that i am

my name is josh

ill be there for the second look on april 8th-9th

and im going to USF so yay for USF COM Class of 2014!!!!

cant wait to meet all of you!

congratulations! i wish you guys all the best as you go through USF COM. :)

i'm a MS4 and will be moving to california for residency this june. i posted a couple other places on SDN, but thought i'd try here as well. i have a condo that i'd like to rent out to new medical students if possible.

it's a 2 bed/2 bath place, built in 2003 and in great condition. lots of amenities in the community (see website below).

if you want to avoid the hassle of moving during your four years at USF, this is probably the best place for you. it's 20 minutes to the USF campus (never any traffic in the mornings, which you can't say about some of the places east/north of campus) and it's 10 minutes to TGH (where you'll be spending a lot of your time third and fourth year for rotations). close to groceries, shopping, restaurants so you can save time, which is oh so precious these next four years!

i'm very interested in just getting this rented out, so the price is negotiable. :) looking for at least a one year lease (renewable).

i know you guys have second look coming up, so if any of you are interested in checking the place out while you're here in tampa, please let me know!

www.courtneypalms.com for photos and more info

So they sent out an itinerary for the second look on Friday, but didn't they also say that there was something going on Thursday night? Anybody know what the deal is with that?

So they sent out an itinerary for the second look on Friday, but didn't they also say that there was something going on Thursday night? Anybody know what the deal is with that?

Yeah...about that...

No clue at the moment. Hopefully we will know by tomorrow.

USF Second Look was awesome!!! I can definitely see myself there. I really enjoyed the day, especially when we got to use the mannequins and the paddles- lol. I really got a positive, friendly, warm vibe from the faculty and felt like everyone was happy here. Hopefully my husband will find a job in Tampa!

Members don't see this ad :)
I really enjoyed the day, especially when we got to use the mannequins and the paddles- lol.

Me too, except we killed the guy we were working on.

The second look was awesome, it's definitely gonna be tough deciding between UF and USF. Anybody have suggestions for apartments that are close to campus or downtown? I'm open to living in both areas.

So I wanted to get a medical student's perspective on something.......
Where are some good places to look at if someone wanted to live alone?

I am considering living alone and have already looked at some places. I need help finding apartments that are decently priced for a single occupant. Thanks in advance!

PS- I agree, Second Look was amazing :)

Any one else from California going to be going to USF in Fall?

USF Second Look was awesome!!! I can definitely see myself there. I really enjoyed the day, especially when we got to use the mannequins and the paddles- lol. I really got a positive, friendly, warm vibe from the faculty and felt like everyone was happy here. Hopefully my husband will find a job in Tampa!

I'm in the same boat. My wife and I are moving from California and I'm really hoping she can find a job pretty easily.

I guess I can't worry about it.......I'm all worried out anyway.

Just a FYI: I talked to student affairs and they said they'll be sending out a list every week or so of people looking for roommates. If you are looking for a roommate for this upcoming school year, email Linda Krausman ([email protected]) your information. Make sure to include what kind of place (ie a 2/2), sex of roommate desired and any other helpful information such as smoking and pets.

Linda said no one from the class of 2014 has done this so once she starts getting responses, she will send out the information.

Just a FYI: I talked to student affairs and they said they'll be sending out a list every week or so of people looking for roommates. If you are looking for a roommate for this upcoming school year, email Linda Krausman ([email protected]) your information. Make sure to include what kind of place (ie a 2/2), sex of roommate desired and any other helpful information such as smoking and pets.

Linda said no one from the class of 2014 has done this so once she starts getting responses, she will send out the information.

On this same note, just want to warn you all that 12-PAC usually doesn't start sending out information until after the end of first year - which is May 14 (?) I believe. So you may not hear anything from them until early June. Make sure to keep checking the Student Affairs website, as that is where all your pre-matriculation tasks will be posted: http://hsc.usf.edu/medicine/studentaffairs/index.htm

Sometime soon there should be a "Welcome Class of 2014" link on that page, and it will have all the info that you need on it :)

Just wanted to congratulate everyone that got into USF! Just finished my undergrad there, going to med school up in ATL now but did some research in the molecular med. department with a few of your profs. I think you'll love it here. To answer your question KCurt, check out eagles point. Its 2 minutes from campus and my girlfriend has a one bedroom now for $585 a month which is a pretty good deal. If you guys have any other housing questions, I've been around this area for years and hopefully could help you out.

Just wanted to congratulate everyone that got into USF! Just finished my undergrad there, going to med school up in ATL now but did some research in the molecular med. department with a few of your profs. I think you'll love it here. To answer your question KCurt, check out eagles point. Its 2 minutes from campus and my girlfriend has a one bedroom now for $585 a month which is a pretty good deal. If you guys have any other housing questions, I've been around this area for years and hopefully could help you out.

Thanks kdhmed, I will look into it. Congrats on your med school acceptance!

On this same note, just want to warn you all that 12-PAC usually doesn't start sending out information until after the end of first year - which is May 14 (?) I believe. So you may not hear anything from them until early June. Make sure to keep checking the Student Affairs website, as that is where all your pre-matriculation tasks will be posted: http://hsc.usf.edu/medicine/studentaffairs/index.htm

Sometime soon there should be a "Welcome Class of 2014" link on that page, and it will have all the info that you need on it :)

Hi! I just got in on Friday and am pretty excited to get things started! I am OOS from Northern Cali and can't wait to get out to Tampa and meet you guys. I was wondering if anyone knew about how long it might take before my SSN/Birthday will be registered in the system so that I'll have access to set up my OASIS account.

Hi! I just got in on Friday and am pretty excited to get things started! I am OOS from Northern Cali and can't wait to get out to Tampa and meet you guys. I was wondering if anyone knew about how long it might take before my SSN/Birthday will be registered in the system so that I'll have access to set up my OASIS account.

No idea, but glad to see another Nor Cal representing. Congrats on acceptance.

Random Questions:

Do we need a Ti graphing calculator (89) for school?
And do they force you to use Windows on your computer or will Mac OS do?

Thanks.

Random Questions:

Do we need a Ti graphing calculator (89) for school?
And do they force you to use Windows on your computer or will Mac OS do?

Thanks.

No.

No, you can use whatever you are comfortable with, but be aware that it's a windows centric environment so some things don't work on a Mac (but they have been working on that).

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted! I am looking forward to starting!

I am a male student in C/O 2014 Looking for a male roommate to share a townhome that is about 10-15 minutes from USF. Please email me for more information at [email protected]