USF IMS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NoleFamDoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanted to start a place for people who applied to the IMS program starting 2017. Finished my secondary yesterday.

Members don't see this ad.

I spoke with the program director, and he basically said there is no time table for anything. It makes sense, considering they would want to keep seats open for wait-listed applicants that need a gap year. But it's hard since I have my application already; it's just a waiting game at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
I heard today that they would start review applications at the end of February.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I'm not applying anymore since I couldn't find any serious stats on their success rate (percentage of people that go to med school within 2 years of the program) and I find their application requirements to be very unnecessary and tedious. We have to mail everything all at once, lol. It's just not worth it, tbh.
While understandable about the lack of advertised success rates, the application procedure you're mentioning is actually for the normal MSMS program. I basically released my AMCAS to the program coordinator and was done with my application in a few minutes.

That being said, it's a fair reason to look elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Received an email saying my application has cleared initial review and is moving on to be reviewed by the entire IMS team.

Heard back yesterday that I received conditional acceptance to the program.

Heard back yesterday that I received conditional acceptance to the program.
Hey I was offered conditional acceptance also from Kevin last week, do you know the details and timeline of the program ?

Members don't see this ad :)
While understandable about the lack of advertised success rates, the application procedure you're mentioning is actually for the normal MSMS program. I basically released my AMCAS to the program coordinator and was done with my application in a few minutes.

That being said, it's a fair reason to look elsewhere.
Hey can you provide me the contact information of the program coordinator. I recently applied and wanted to submit my AMCAS to them as you did.

Does anybody know an e-mail address where I could ask if I could send my committee letter packet instead of the 2 required science rec letters? I graduated in 2013, so it's been a while since I took a science course.

Does anybody know an e-mail address where I could ask if I could send my committee letter packet instead of the 2 required science rec letters? I graduated in 2013, so it's been a while since I took a science course.

Contact Kevin.... his email is listed above in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know how successful this program is at getting students admitted to their desired graduate program? I got accepted last week but am still on the wait list for med schools

When does the program fill up their class and stop accepting applications? I was sent a link to the secondary recently. I had a question about parts of the application but I am not getting an e-mail response from Kevin Casey.

When does the program fill up their class and stop accepting applications? I was sent a link to the secondary recently. I had a question about parts of the application but I am not getting an e-mail response from Kevin Casey.
I'd just call him.