USF MASTERS HEALTH SCIENCES online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazy person

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone ! I remember I read somewhere around this forum that someone is taking these classes online this fall 2013. I was wondering if anyone that has taken these courses or is currently in this classes could tell me if its a good program? I'm thinking to enroll now, even though I know I'm a little late since the courses have already started this week but I can catch up (hopefully). If anyone could give me some feedback, it would be appreciated. Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

I thought I read somewhere that the online program won't be viewed as positively by other schools simply because it's online (I guess since the program is purely online it would be noted that way on your transcript).

I'd love to hear more opinions on this or from people who have done the online program.

I'm a non-trad premed like you guys so I can't speak from experience. I did do my Due diligence regarding online courses though and most D.O schools accept them as do some MDs.

I have a thread on here somewhere with a list of schools and what their responses were for me. I know one or two said the classes would be looked at less competitively. NSU almost laughe at me when I asked about online courses. Their response was basically "duh, of course we accept them. Why wouldn't we??".

Most transcripts do not state whether the class was online or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a non-trad premed like you guys so I can't speak from experience. I did do my Due diligence regarding online courses though and most D.O schools accept them as do some MDs.

I have a thread on here somewhere with a list of schools and what their responses were for me. I know one or two said the classes would be looked at less competitively. NSU almost laughe at me when I asked about online courses. Their response was basically "duh, of course we accept them. Why wouldn't we??".

Most transcripts do not state whether the class was online or not.

The question is: do they have any problems accepting online science courses?

That was the question asked. Science courses including labs. The list I provided in my other thread provides the answes for all the schools tha responded to me.

Hi everyone ! I remember I read somewhere around this forum that someone is taking these classes online this fall 2013. I was wondering if anyone that has taken these courses or is currently in this classes could tell me if its a good program? I'm thinking to enroll now, even though I know I'm a little late since the courses have already started this week but I can catch up (hopefully). If anyone could give me some feedback, it would be appreciated. Thanks !
I completed the online masters at USF and nowhere on my transcript does it list it as online. In my medical school interview they didnt ask all they cared about was that I got As. FYI because its online doesn't make it less difficult. In fact I feel my masters courses were more difficult then my friends who did the inclassroom section. We can get tested from anywhere in the textbook/material, classroom lectures tend to be a little more concise.

Reactions: 2 users
That was the question asked. Science courses including labs. The list I provided in my other thread provides the answes for all the schools tha responded to me.
can you send me a link to that thread? Thanks

I completed the online masters at USF and nowhere on my transcript does it list it as online. In my medical school interview they didnt ask all they cared about was that I got As. FYI because its online doesn't make it less difficult. In fact I feel my masters courses were more difficult then my friends who did the inclassroom section. We can get tested from anywhere in the textbook/material, classroom lectures tend to be a little more concise.
I just got accepted to this USF online program and was looking for people that could give me information about it. Im trying to decide which program is right for me and i really like the USF one, but am curious as to how the flow of the class goes, how the curriculum is, and generally what its like? How is the anatomy course online, i mean that sounds really complicated to do 100% online and all? It appears that you got into Medical School, so apparently you did well and the program worked out well for you. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I just got accepted to this USF online program and was looking for people that could give me information about it. Im trying to decide which program is right for me and i really like the USF one, but am curious as to how the flow of the class goes, how the curriculum is, and generally what its like? How is the anatomy course online, i mean that sounds really complicated to do 100% online and all? It appears that you got into Medical School, so apparently you did well and the program worked out well for you. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You use a textbook, 3D cadaver software, acland videos, and powerpoints to learn the material. The exam is a combination of questions and images. If your curious about what it would be like University of Michigan has online quizzes which were similar. I studied the same way in medical school gross anatomy except we learned on a cadaver as well.

Hey! So I'm almost done with the online masters program too. I was wondering if you could share your experience with me, like which medical schools you got into? I finished undergrad over 2 years ago and dont have that competitive of an undergrad GPA. I'll finish the masters with with a 3.8 though. Do you think my new masters GPA will really improve my chances? Also, did you try to get any letters of rec from the master's professors?

Hello everyone,

I was recently accepted into the USF online masters program. I haven't accepted yet because I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools:Temple Univ., Rosalind Franklin Univ., Mississippi College and some others.

If you've has matriculated through the program, would you be willing to tell me about your experience?
Classes? Any instructional videos?
Exams (I heard they are similar to the USMLE Step exams)?
Helped with admission to any schools? Morsani COM?
Can you take your classes during the fall & spring and finish your last semester in summer?
Communicating with your classmates?

Sorry for all the questions..anything your willing to answer would great!
Feel free to invite others who have been accepted.

Hello all,
I was wondering how much time does this online masters program take? Although it's discouraged, but do you think I be able to work 20 hours/week and do this online masters? Also regarding the test times. What if I am at work during the testing time? Is there flexibility in terms of the test time?! Let me know and thank you all for the information. Email me at [email protected] thanks!
Phil

Hello all,
I was wondering how much time does this online masters program take weekly? Although it's discouraged, but do you think I be able to work 20 hours/week and do this online masters? Also regarding the test times. What if I am at work during the testing time? Is there flexibility in terms of the test time?! Let me know and thank you all for the information. Email me at [email protected] thanks!
Phil