USF MSMS 2015 Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, congrats to all of you who have gotten in. I just graduated from the program this past Saturday and thus I have a bunch of books taking up room on my shelves. If you are like me, and like to read the book for class, I have most of the books (or at least the ones I found to be necessary as some of the classes come straight off the powerpoint) for sale much cheaper than you'll find at the bookstore or amazon, most of the books have no highlighting or very little at all. PM me if you are interested.

I have books for the following classes (these were the required ones from the syllabus):
- Genetics
- Biochem
- Microbiology
- Histology
- Pharmacology
- Pathology
- Embryology

I also have the following MCAT prep books:
- TPR Hyper-learning Series w/ Practice Question Books (I have 2 sets of these as the MCAT success skills class made me buy them even though I already had the complete series)
- Exam Crackers 1001 books, Lecture Books, Audio-osmosis CD's, & Flash Cards (for all the sections)
- Kaplan Series + Flash Cards

**I will say that these MCAT books are for the previous version of the MCAT, not MCAT2015. However, I'm not looking to get full retail for these....maybe like $20-$30/book (depending on the book) if sold separately, ~$75 for the whole set. Open for negotiation. The biggest value is in the question booklets to help with the science sections of the MCAT.**
I PM'd you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, I completed this program last year so if you have any specific questions feel free to ask or PM. Overall, I thought the program was ok. It's beneficial for those who need to boost their GPA and are serious about working hard. That being said, this program is not as difficult as some people are making it out to be. To study 50-70 hours seems a bit excessive. I think I studied maybe 10-20 hours a week while working. The first semester is pretty easy, especially if you've already taken biochem/genetics which I had. I would recommend doing extra-curriculars (shadowing) during this time because it is the easiest semester (even though a lot of people recommended waiting until at least the first test so make sure you are able to handle the workload). Second semester is a bit tougher but I liked it more, the classes were more interesting imo and curves are generous. I don't think it was "cut-throat" either; the students were all helpful and shared a lot of resources via the FB page. The main cons to this program are the price (it might be cheaper to take classes on your own but this program certainly is convenient). Also, very few to a handful of people end up matriculating into USF's med school and honestly, the people who did probably would've gotten in regardless (high MCAT's and ok undergrad stats). It seems like a lot of people ended up doing DO, although that is probably due to their MCAT score and not the program. Last recommendation-get your MCAT out of the way before the program or during the 1st semester. The class they offer is Princeton Review, which is available anyway. Hope this helps!
Hello, I am thinking of applying to this program but I wanted to clarify something. In the case that I get into this program, I know there might still be a semester left before medical starts the next year ( I am being positive: 2017 August). If I start the Masters program fall 2016. I am going to bee applying to the online one. Do you know or have thoughts about how this might work out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Taking the MCAT april 1st, 2016 for the fall 2016 starting semester. I will have the rest of my application submitted before then. Is this too late to apply. 3.35 science, 3.57 overall

Taking the MCAT april 1st, 2016 for the fall 2016 starting semester. I will have the rest of my application submitted before then. Is this too late to apply. 3.35 science, 3.57 overall

Not at all. USF received my secondary in mid April and I got in no problem. I decided not to attend however. Give them updates on your grades that semester or quarter if you're still in school. After I emailed my spring quarter grades I got an acceptance email literally 24 hours later.

Not at all. USF received my secondary in mid April and I got in no problem. I decided not to attend however. Give them updates on your grades that semester or quarter if you're still in school. After I emailed my spring quarter grades I got an acceptance email literally 24 hours later.

The MCAT scores do not come out until May 1st for my April 1st exam. Do you know how long it takes for them to receive the scores once I hear back? Worried that it still might be too late considering their applications close June 1st for this program

The MCAT scores do not come out until May 1st for my April 1st exam. Do you know how long it takes for them to receive the scores once I hear back? Worried that it still might be too late considering their applications close June 1st for this program

As long as you have a good upwards trend and the MCAT score is decent to get you in a medical school I say you should be good to go. I think I remember a bunch of people didn't even get accepted until a few weeks before the program started. Just look through this thread. Like I said earlier they received my supplemental on 04/07 and I got my acceptance email on 07/01. I was lazy in emailing them my transcript update because I wasn't going to attend, but I emailed it for the hell of it anyways on 06/30 just to see if it would do anything and they accepted me less than 24 hours later.

Last edited: