USF vs Touro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anthony78001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all I have been accetped to several different post bacc programs and need help deciding. My top 2 are Touro and USF. I live in Fl 45 min from USF and thought that it would be cheaper living in FL rather than living in NYC which is expensive. I was leaning towards Touro because they have a guarantee of acceptance into their medical school if the student has a 3.5 gpa and passes the comp exam. I have a 24 MCAT and do not want to retake it so I thought Touro offered a great program and a more direct route into med school where as I may not get into USFs program with my MCAT score and would have to reapply through AACOMAS and pay for applications all over again which will be more expensive. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated both programs are fantastic. I looked at it as things are not always guaranteed in life so if i worked hard at Touro I could get accepted into their med school for the spring semester or after I finish the one year program. Thank you again for your advice.

Members don't see this ad.

How's your GPA? Have you looked into LECOM's program, which is in the same area as USF?

And you probably won't get into usf with a 24. I believe each year's class of 200+, only 10 or less get into the home program. I would say the best thing is retake it, but if you don't want to then Touro would be best

I don't think any of the LECOM postbac/masters programs are hosted in Bradenton. I think they're all in Erie.

Regardless, there's no way Touro's program is worth moving to NY.

Do the USF program but also get a decent MCAT score. No getting around that unless you want to focus on DO.

Meanwhile, the USF program has apparently become diluted, and is no longer the small-class high-results URM program it used to be. Definitely be a smart consumer and find some fresh alumni.

Best of luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think any of the LECOM postbac/masters programs are hosted in Bradenton. I think they're all in Erie.

Regardless, there's no way Touro's program is worth moving to NY.

Do the USF program but also get a decent MCAT score. No getting around that unless you want to focus on DO.

Meanwhile, the USF program has apparently become diluted, and is no longer the small-class high-results URM program it used to be. Definitely be a smart consumer and find some fresh alumni.

Best of luck to you.

Just wondering why Touro NY program isn't a great deal? I got offered an acceptance to Touro Middletown MS and LMU MS. Deciding what to do. Same mcat as previous poster

Just wondering why Touro NY program isn't a great deal? I got offered an acceptance to Touro Middletown MS and LMU MS. Deciding what to do. Same mcat as previous poster
Reread it please. Moving from FL to NY to do a postbac at a Touro would be dumb.

Touro Middletown sounds new. Less favorable prospect than LMU, which is established.