using 2004 First Aid bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurotrancer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been using my 2004 First Aid just because that's what I've been using all along. I have a 2006 but didn't really use it but felt like from what little comparison I did, 2006 looked like a rearrangement of 2004 with all the same material.

Can anyone else comment on whether there's significant differences between 2004 First Aid and the newer additions?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

it would just depend on whether you like the systems based approach or the subject based approach. They've added a few things into first aid and corrected some mistakes (while making more mistakes along the way as every edition does). I don't think you'd be disadvantaged with using 2004 though i don't think the 2004 contains the heme breakdown pathway and all the porphyrias associated with it while 2006 has a decent diagram of that.

SkylineMD said:
it would just depend on whether you like the systems based approach or the subject based approach. They've added a few things into first aid and corrected some mistakes (while making more mistakes along the way as every edition does). I don't think you'd be disadvantaged with using 2004 though i don't think the 2004 contains the heme breakdown pathway and all the porphyrias associated with it while 2006 has a decent diagram of that.

Thanks. Coincidentally, I just added the heme-biliverdin-bilirubin-urobilinogen-stercobilin stuff last night.

peace!

Im using the 2004 for right now and annotating with the Kaplan Series. I sat down and scrutinized the 2006 and compared it to the 2004 and I concluded there was VERY LITTLE difference in material. True there are more mistakes with the 2004 but I personally prefer the traditional approach versus the systems and hell, I got the 2004 edition free. Unless you prefer the systems appoach, there's no harm in using the older edition