using interfolio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arez10

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It says on AACPM that the two schools I am applying to (TUSPM and NYCPM) use Interfolio for LOR's. My premed adviser has all of my LOR's as well as a committee letter. I'm kind of confused how Interfolio works and it looks like I have to pay for it? Does anyone know how this works? Can I just have the letters sent directly to the schools? Also, should I send them while I send everything else (transcript and application) or am I allowed to send it later? It says I can also bring it to the interview but that seems a bit late. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

It says on AACPM that the two schools I am applying to (TUSPM and NYCPM) use Interfolio for LOR's. My premed adviser has all of my LOR's as well as a committee letter. I'm kind of confused how Interfolio works and it looks like I have to pay for it? Does anyone know how this works? Can I just have the letters sent directly to the schools? Also, should I send them while I send everything else (transcript and application) or am I allowed to send it later? It says I can also bring it to the interview but that seems a bit late. Thanks.

You CAN send them directly to the school but shouldn't need to. Your pre-med advisor will generally be the one uploading them to interfolio. Most undergrad programs create and manage your interfolio profile for you. Check with them before you pay for anything.

use good old fashioned snail mail. end of story.