using medical admissions consultant during app process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medschoolmyname

Lord Have MRSA
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience using a med school admissions consultant while applying? I am trying to see whether I should work with one. I'd appreciate if anyone could share there experience with this.

Members don't see this ad.

useless, they are all about the money and getting new students and not really about helping you out

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hold very still while I smack you upside the head for ignoring all the good advice you'll get in these forums. For free.

Anyone have experience using a med school admissions consultant while applying? I am trying to see whether I should work with one. I'd appreciate if anyone could share there experience with this.

Reactions: 14 users
Maybe if they help you with your specific application. Like PS and stuff. But I wouldn't bother

Don't spend the money. Do find the kind hearted souls in your network to read over all your drafts and materials. For free. Many times.

If they were really that good at getting people in to medical school, they would be in medical school.

Reactions: 4 users
I feel weird linking to my own stuff, but I recently came up with a huge guide to maximizing your medical school application. It's a mix of what pre-med advisors will tell you, and the good stuff from SDN. I stay away from the idealistic fluff.

Here's a link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...zing-your-medical-school-application.1080858/

Maybe you'll find it helpful. Use your pre-med advisor, SDN, and your best judgement. With these three things, you'll definitely succeed!

Reactions: 1 user
some good advice in here, OP. i suggest taking it.