usmle misdemeanor dismissed and expunged?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurendndr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello
i have a few questions about a marijuana misdemeanor?

1.Does ERAS ask about dismissed expunged records?
2.Does the usmle ask about dismissed expunged records?
3.Do state boards ask about expunged dismissed records?
4.Last but not least will the DEA prevent me from getting licenensed because of this?

Thanks and please no smart remarks

Members don't see this ad.

hello

4.Last but not least will the DEA prevent me from getting licenensed because of this?

That's a moral gray area. I'm pretty sure they require you to report stuff like this but there is no way they can find out about it if you don't tell them. Talk to a lawyer to be sure but I'm pretty sure the choice is yours to make.

hello

If there is no way for anyone to look this up then I would not tell anyone about it. Plus marijuana is going to be legal eventually.

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep your mouth shut. Speak to a lawyer. You don't have to tell them anything, if there is no paper trail.

Especially if it's been expunged and there is no record. BUT, consult a lawyer.

I would probably try and post this in the med student forum, or better yet, try and find out the answer from ERAS. And definitely talk with a lawyer.

Clearly, you don't want to give out more info than you need to, but I am under the impression that medical licensing and residency apps are significantly more detailed than AMCAS. So, I don't think I would just rely on it being expunged and just not reporting it. You certainly don't want to go through school and not be able to get a license.

You don't have to tell them anything, if there is no paper trail.
Without knowing the answer to OP's questions, and without knowing what questions he might be asked, just the same you think it's OK for him to lie if the risk of detection is low? Awesome advice.

Without knowing the answer to OP's questions, and without knowing what questions he might be asked, just the same you think it's OK for him to lie if the risk of detection is low? Awesome advice.

But if no one knows it's like it never happened amirite?

:rolleyes: