USMLE RX first aid step 1 video express

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this USMLE RX first aid step 1 video express?
Link: http://www.usmlerx.com/content/first-aid-step-1-express-video

It seems good with them going through first aid and explaining concepts.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated about this course.

Members don't see this ad.

I watched the trial video. Looks monotonous and there is not much explanation of the facts. It's like someone reading FA to you.
Not worth the $399 for 3 months. I may give it a try if price was a bit lower.......maybe $199 for 3 months.
I will rather do DIT.

I watched the trial video. Looks monotonous and there is not much explanation of the facts. It's like someone reading FA to you.
Not worth the $399 for 3 months. I may give it a try if price was a bit lower.......maybe $199 for 3 months.
I will rather do DIT.

Well it's $299 right now and a good price if you also include the qbank. Maybe I'm crazy for trying without hearing any feedback on the product but I am gonna try it! I read FA without any supplements and I found myself zoning out A LOT. Which meant re-reading parts or spending a very long time on just a single page. Honestly, even if it was someone smart just reading FA to me I think I would buy it (though for a lower price). Hearing it (from the author, no less) while following along is more efficient than just reading, at least in the beginning. I think this video thing is new but if you are using FA + Qbanks as your primary resources then really get as much out of FA as possible.

Having said all this, I haven't yet bought it (the special price is good until the end of the month) so if anyone has any personal experience with it so far please chime in!

They go fast and sometimes skip stuff, so I have to pause and actually read the section after/before listening to their reading/explanation. So it is a little time consuming but it keeps me focused on what is going on instead of passively listening or just passively reading.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they actually explain concepts? If some toxicity or presentation is listed in FA for ex; do they explain the mechanisms and make connections? That would be the whole point of purchasing this- mechanisms/ concepts that i might have not understood or missed. How does it compare to DIT (besides the FA authors lol). The sample they posted was pretty good; would've been nice to see a path/phys/pharm video though.

Do they actually explain concepts? If some toxicity or presentation is listed in FA for ex; do they explain the mechanisms and make connections? That would be the whole point of purchasing this- mechanisms/ concepts that i might have not understood or missed. How does it compare to DIT (besides the FA authors lol). The sample they posted was pretty good; would've been nice to see a path/phys/pharm video though.

I just cancelled my subscription (it took a whole 1 hour for me to figure out it's not worth it). They use an old version of FA and talk either very slow or very fast. They have a 5 day refund policy so if you don't believe me try it out yourself. They are not very engaging, do not for the most part integrate concepts, and do not add any additional mnemonics. All 3 are important for this to serve its purpose. Thought I'd share this with anyone who comes across thinking of doing it. Guess I'm just gonna do it the old fashioned way

I just cancelled my subscription (it took a whole 1 hour for me to figure out it's not worth it). They use an old version of FA and talk either very slow or very fast. They have a 5 day refund policy so if you don't believe me try it out yourself. They are not very engaging, do not for the most part integrate concepts, and do not add any additional mnemonics. All 3 are important for this to serve its purpose. Thought I'd share this with anyone who comes across thinking of doing it. Guess I'm just gonna do it the old fashioned way

wow... the sample looked really good though.

Personally I don't care for mnemonics. What I would like to know is that, is the course similar to the sample or is the sample simply an exceptional portion that is being used for marketing?

wow... the sample looked really good though.

Personally I don't care for mnemonics. What I would like to know is that, is the course similar to the sample or is the sample simply an exceptional portion that is being used for marketing?
I agree with your comment about the sample looking good. It is the exception for sure. They not only just read to you from an old FA but they do so really fast and unclear at times. It often sounds like someone is trying to read what is already written there verbatim as quickly as they can. I was really disappointed by this product and believe that I would be better off just using the time to read FA.

I just got an email for this subscription for 1 month (which is exactly what i have left for my step1) for just $129. Im thinking this is an excellent deal and opportunity. I was not disappointed by the FA book, the FA qbook and their RxQbank, so i was thinking on giving this a try. But is it really that bad as you guys say? I doubt that it has improved much in a year, but....
Is there someone out there in the forums that have a positive review on this product?

I just got an email for this subscription for 1 month (which is exactly what i have left for my step1) for just $129. Im thinking this is an excellent deal and opportunity. I was not disappointed by the FA book, the FA qbook and their RxQbank, so i was thinking on giving this a try. But is it really that bad as you guys say? I doubt that it has improved much in a year, but....
Is there someone out there in the forums that have a positive review on this product?
It is that bad. I watched them and they consist of someone reading first aid aloud that's it no analysis or connecting concepts of any kind. I would do kaplan high yield instead they are way way better.

I have these vids, and probably used them a total of twice my entire time during study. Not all that great. If you want them, let me know, and I can send them to you by Skype or something...

I have these vids, and probably used them a total of twice my entire time during study. Not all that great. If you want them, let me know, and I can send them to you by Skype or something...
hi my skype id is indu_meena want to talk about express rx