USMLE transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yui

Bordeaux cookie monster
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a quick question regarding our USMLE transcript in ERAS. When do our scores actually get transmitted to programs? So I authorized it today, but probably won't assign programs for another month or so, and then of course eras won't be submitted until 9/15. When the programs download our applications after 9/15, will they see all the scores available up to 9/15, or only the scores that are out when I authorized it, or only the scores that are out when I assigned them to programs?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you submit your application on the submission date (9/15). They will see the scores when it is transmitted, which would be on 9/15.

Bumping. When do we have to pay for transcripts? I'm assuming that's also 9/15?

So is this how USMLE transcript works?

1. Authorize release of USMLE transcript
2. Assign USMLE transcript to schools
3. Apply to programs on Sept 15
4. Scores will automatically be transmitted to applied programs on or after September 15

Appreciate any help! Thanks.

Yes. Although you forgot "Pay ridiculous fee to USMLE for doing almost nothing to send score electronically to ERAS". But you're unlikely to forget that step.

Yes. Although you forgot "Pay ridiculous fee to USMLE for doing almost nothing to send score electronically to ERAS". But you're unlikely to forget that step.

When do we pay that fee? When we certify and submit or is the transcript not officially uploaded until we pay the fee?

Have a quick question in regards to the usmle transcript. Authorized the release when I had already gotten Step1 and Step2CK back. I have since gotten CS back. Do I need to do anything to get the CS score to be added to the transcript?(or will it be included anyway) Looked this AM for a way to "reauthorize" the transcript, but couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Have a quick question in regards to the usmle transcript. Authorized the release when I had already gotten Step1 and Step2CK back. I have since gotten CS back. Do I need to do anything to get the CS score to be added to the transcript?(or will it be included anyway) Looked this AM for a way to "reauthorize" the transcript, but couldn't find anything. Thanks.
Nope. Your transcript will be transmitted on 9/15 as it is. If all 3 results are there, you're good. If the result comes back later, you need to re-release.

When do we pay that fee? When we certify and submit or is the transcript not officially uploaded until we pay the fee?

When you apply, it will automatically be included. You cannot "forget" to pay it.

If you're a DO and have already applied to programs, then I believe you will need to "retransmit" your USMLE scores. There is no additional fee for doing so, and there should be a "retransmit" button in MyERAS to do so. If you're only applying to Allo programs, then gutonc is correct.

Nope. Your transcript will be transmitted on 9/15 as it is. If all 3 results are there, you're good. If the result comes back later, you need to re-release.

by re-release do you mean that the entire application must be re-certified?

How long does it take for your transcript to be updated? I got my step 2 score back today and just hit the resend my scores button on eras

Nevermind -- mine was updated when I checked 1 hour after submitting my request :)
So pretty fast!

Somewhat related question, but is it important/necessary to update with step 2 score? Both my step 1 and step 2 were pretty average/few points below average. Also DO student for IM

If you decide to apply to more programs after you initially submit, will the the USMLE Transcript that the additional programs get have updated USMLE scores. Example Step2 scores came out on 9/16 which were not on my initial submission, but will these new schools I apply to see Step 2 scores or only the scores on my initial transcript from 9/15. Thanks

If you decide to apply to more programs after you initially submit, will the the USMLE Transcript that the additional programs get have updated USMLE scores. Example Step2 scores came out on 9/16 which were not on my initial submission, but will these new schools I apply to see Step 2 scores or only the scores on my initial transcript from 9/15. Thanks
I believe that any programs you apply to will get the original USMLE transcript you requested unless you choose to resubmit a new one.