USMLE Tutor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flacoloco21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am a foreign medical graduate from Colombia and had some difficulties with the USMLE step 1 on my first attempt. I wasn't familiar with the exam, took it without studying properly and found that I barely missed passing. I panicked and used the SDN to research tutors to prepare for retaking the exam. My research brought me to Dr. Ryan Swinney, and I am proud to say that I just recently found that I passed the Step 1 with a very honorable score. Ryan provided a comprehensive overview of my current knowledge by reviewing my World and Q-bank scores and set up a very structured schedule, with tutoring sessions, to review all the material. This tutoring took about 3 months and it was the best decision I could have made. We skyped a few times a week to review the material and he explained the questions and how to approach them, how to move through the exam, and even pin-pointed my weaknesses to focus on them directly. Now, I'm working with Ryan for my step 2 and he is also guiding me to clerkships to become a better applicant with the Residency application process. Being a foreign medical graduate has its own hurdles and I am more than willing to help answer questions anyone has. I can't recommend Ryan enough. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like his contact information. Crossing my fingers for a match this year!

Members don't see this ad.