USMLE World FM QBank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor4Life1769

**tr0llin, ridin dirty**
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried this qbank?
I know its the gold standard for USMLE and I used it to help me for it in med school.
I see they have come out with one for FM and IM, anyone used it? I've gone through the FM questions (they seem to be adding q's every few days or every week) and they seem quite good, but am unsure if they are also good prep for the ITE/Boards. Someone with experience, let me know.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't use it for either the ITE or boards.

For free resources, I liked the AAFP question bank located here http://www.aafp.org/cme/cme-topic/all/bd-review-questions.html

Alternatively, if you have some left over CME money, I liked this one http://www.aafp.org/cme/cme-topic/all/bd-review-selfstudy.html

I downloaded the lectures as mp3 files, put them on my ipod, and listened to and from work everyday. 30 minute lectures on all the major topics with pdf files and questions for CME credit. You can spend more and get video files, but the only time I would've liked video was the ECG lectures and honestly the ECG-based questions on the board exam were pretty darn easy.

Thanks.
I've also been going through the free board review questions. I have done all the individual subjects but need to do the random sets. I'll check out the self-study set. Furthermore, I may try to go through the FAFP journal-topic related questions too - if you did these, were they helpful? We have to do 2 SAMs to graduate, so at some point need to go through those too.

Yeah, for sure. My program wants us to have 2 SAMs done by end of December.
We are going to do one as a class based on the topic of our Metric, so one more to do. I am thinking it may benefit me to do as many possible.

Hi

Just wondering ; How do we study for the ITE's and actually do well? Our program has a set up for remediation if you don't reach their goal score. And i'd just like to do well so I'm not on a remediation program. Any thoughts? Is there a particular source thats better to use given time constraints?

thanks!

Yeah, for sure. My program wants us to have 2 SAMs done by end of December.
We are going to do one as a class based on the topic of our Metric, so one more to do. I am thinking it may benefit me to do as many possible.
I believe that you'll actually be required to complete your SAMs this year before you can register for the board exam . They tried to do that for last year, but the wording confused lots of programs, many folks didn't have their stuff in on time, so they delayed implementation (still think you had to have it done before taking the test, just not prior to registering last year.)

I believe that you'll actually be required to complete your SAMs this year before you can register for the board exam . They tried to do that for last year, but the wording confused lots of programs, many folks didn't have their stuff in on time, so they delayed implementation (still think you had to have it done before taking the test, just not prior to registering last year.)

Exactly why my program wants us to knock them out by December

Just out of curiosity, what do you current residents think of the required SAMs during residency?

Just out of curiosity, what do you current residents think of the required SAMs during residency?

I'll let you know as I start them whenever I get a chance.

The metric itself is not updated. Not all diabetics need to be on ASA 81mg.

Do I wish it wasn't required in order for me to take the boards? You betcha. I feel like I have way too many academic requirements my final year. It was a huge difference in my former training where I had pretty much knocked out most of the requirements and only needed an M/M presentation my final year. We didn't have metrics or SAMs.

This is on top of the senior lecture, the aafp journal articles lecture, journal club, research/academic requirement, seeing patients, studying for ITE/boards.