USMLE World Scores and Step II Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmh14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Probably been discussed before, but can't find a recent thread....

I'm just curious about what scores people were getting on USMLE World, and then how you ended up doing on Step 2.

All you have to do is post two numbers...... :)

Thanks folks, and good luck with everything!!

Members don't see this ad.

Step 1- low 260s
Step 2- mid 230s

I did all of UW throughout 3rd year and was in the high 80's. Last rotation ended in late july. Shelf average (raw score) was ~88 and had a range of 82-94.

My 2nd run through was in November and I finished less than 50% and was scoring in the low 70's. Read a little bit of Secrets but didn't come close to finishing.

Scored a 231 on UWSA a week before the exam.

Here are my takes on it
1) Despite my drop Step 2 is much easier than Step 1. I busted my ass for my Step 1 score while I just did enough to comfortably pass for Step 2.

2) World + Secrets is enough to do reasonably well. I think I would have gotten into the 250s minimum if I finished them.

3) If you don't plan on releasing score (like me) try to take it in late August close to when you submit ERAS so you can still hold your score. The longer you wait to take it the harder it gets to study and the more general medicine you forget (especially if you're doing a subspecialty as your career)

250 is a good score. The most recent score report shows a mean of 233 and SD of 22, meaning you are almost a standard deviation above most test takers. Just because you didn't jump 30 points doesn't mean you should hang you head. Be proud!

Realize that most people on this thread have astronomical scores and you should avoid judging yourself based on SDN.
Thank you!!

Finished Step 2 CK earlier today and feeling AWESOME about getting it done :D

Will post results when I get them. I feel pretty good about how the test went. I did most of UWORLD in tutor mode. My self assessment was a 247 a couple of weeks before the test. I took the CS part a few weeks ago and trying to block it out! Hopefully I passed.

I feel like WORLD was very high yield. Not just because of the content, but because of the way the cases are written and the thinking required to pick the right answer. I felt like I was doing WORLD questions when I was taking the test today. Even the normal ranges for labs are presented in the exact same way. Anyway,

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think I should take CS or CK first? I was thinking of doing them back to back. 4 weeks for CK, take that, then relax for 1-2 days and then take 2wks for CS

Do you guys think I should take CS or CK first? I was thinking of doing them back to back. 4 weeks for CK, take that, then relax for 1-2 days and then take 2wks for CS

I don't think it particularly matters, as long as you feel you have enough time to prepare for each. I took the CS on November 14th and CK on November 18th, so I took them in the same week (Monday, Friday). It was totally fine. Depending on your situation (if English is your first language, etc), two weeks for the CS may be overkill. I did about 10-14 days for the CK, 1-2 days for the CS, which seems to be right around the average for lots of my classmates (all medical students at an American institution). Good luck!

I don't think it particularly matters, as long as you feel you have enough time to prepare for each. I took the CS on November 14th and CK on November 18th, so I took them in the same week (Monday, Friday). It was totally fine. Depending on your situation (if English is your first language, etc), two weeks for the CS may be overkill. I did about 10-14 days for the CK, 1-2 days for the CS, which seems to be right around the average for lots of my classmates (all medical students at an American institution). Good luck!
ah ok. i dont quite know what im going to use to study for CS (First aid ?) so i didnt know how long it would take me to go through it

ah ok. i dont quite know what im going to use to study for CS (First aid ?) so i didnt know how long it would take me to go through it

I think First Aid is a good resource for the CS, definitely. Talk to your classmates that took it and see how long they have been studying and what techniques they used. I skimmed the book, read all the minicases included, and "practiced" a few scenarios and physical exams and that was all. Good luck :luck:

Other than UWorld qs for surg, would it be worth it to get pretest surg or case files surg if I'm planning on taking my step 2 early during my surg rotation? Or is UWorld enough to nail everything necessary for surg on step 2?

Scheduled to take step 2 ck in a few days and debating whether to postpone (currently on research year between 3rd & 4th year) after taking USWA recently and scoring 226. I would appreciate any advice on whether people think I could improve my score significantly with more prep.

I've been prepping for 4 weeks (with work, but still put in a significant amount of time each day). Used Uworld during 3rd year for shelf studying, reset it & went through it again fully (mean of 67% correct since reset). Spent the next few days going through all incorrect answers again + rereading Step Up to Step 2 and USMLE Step 2 Secrets fully (plus Peds section of First Aid for Step 2). Took USWA today and was disappointed with the score (since it seems to be pretty accurate according to most people). I was hoping to get at least mid to high 230s (score at the national mean) on USWA .

If I do postpone taking this (could take it next spring & still have score for ERAS when I apply), what prep would be recommended? Kaplan online lectures + Master the Boards book? DIT?

I don't think an extra week or two with only the same resources I've been using will help me much, since I feel like I've utilized them fairly thoroughly. Thus I think I would need to ramp things up (i.e. formal course + couple of months prep).

I wasn't expecting a sky-high score since I've previously been fairly average numerically w/ minor exceptions (step 1: 225, shelf scores ranged from surgery 92 & medicine 80, with mid 70s for everything else), but was semi-expecting to at least score around the mean (and somewhat hoping to do better than that to compensate for average step 1).

Any advice?

Depends what you consider 'nailing' your surgery shelf - i just took mine 2 weeks ago and got a 93. There is (as I'm sure you've heard) a lot of emergency stuff and almost all medicine. I overstudied. What was most helpful was the NMS casebook (the little one, the big one is overkill), UWorld, and pestana notes. UWorld is solid, but I think it's a little too easy. Good luck!

Scheduled to take step 2 ck in a few days and debating whether to postpone (currently on research year between 3rd & 4th year) after taking USWA recently and scoring 226. I would appreciate any advice on whether people think I could improve my score significantly with more prep.

I've been prepping for 4 weeks (with work, but still put in a significant amount of time each day). Used Uworld during 3rd year for shelf studying, reset it & went through it again fully (mean of 67% correct since reset). Spent the next few days going through all incorrect answers again + rereading Step Up to Step 2 and USMLE Step 2 Secrets fully (plus Peds section of First Aid for Step 2). Took USWA today and was disappointed with the score (since it seems to be pretty accurate according to most people). I was hoping to get at least mid to high 230s (score at the national mean) on USWA .

If I do postpone taking this (could take it next spring & still have score for ERAS when I apply), what prep would be recommended? Kaplan online lectures + Master the Boards book? DIT?

I don't think an extra week or two with only the same resources I've been using will help me much, since I feel like I've utilized them fairly thoroughly. Thus I think I would need to ramp things up (i.e. formal course + couple of months prep).

I wasn't expecting a sky-high score since I've previously been fairly average numerically w/ minor exceptions (step 1: 225, shelf scores ranged from surgery 92 & medicine 80, with mid 70s for everything else), but was semi-expecting to at least score around the mean (and somewhat hoping to do better than that to compensate for average step 1).

Any advice?

Kaplan videos are not very good for step II, except maybe the surgery ones.

Don't believe in above post. I have watched Kaplan Videos- They are really good. All except Surgery videos are good. Lavodnas is saying Surgery videos are good -means he is trying to misguide people over here.

It's amazing the same names I see on this and when I was studying for Step 1 and in the other forum. Now I come to the dreaded Step 2 obligation fulfillment time. Our school requires it before 2012 so...I've waited just about as long as I can. You're right, it's hard as hell to sit down and study it.

Taking the test in 2 days. Haven't studied much at all. 5 days dedicated, 2 weeks half *****ed concurrent with a rotation. I will finish about 80%-90% of Uworld % = 74 and UWSA = 254. We'll see how this goes. HAH. Never felt so unprepared.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't believe in above post. I have watched Kaplan Videos- They are really good. All except Surgery videos are good. Lavodnas is saying Surgery videos are good -means he is trying to misguide people over here.

Just my opinion, chill out man. Why would I try to misguide people?

I did well on step 2, I read all the kaplan books, watched all the surgery kaplan videos and read step up to step 2 and medicine. Then I did Uworld.

I got a 252.

Last edited:
Just my opinion, chill out man. Why would I try to misguide people?

I did well on step 2, I read all the kaplan books, watched all the surgery kaplan videos and read step up to step 2 and medicine. Then I did Uworld.

I got a 252.

Sorry for that sentence.:oops:
But I think Surgery might be your primary interest because to be honest, you don't see those many questions of Surgery in CK. I admire your efforts to tolerate that old guy in surgery videos, but I found him annoying!!!!!:laugh:

Studied way too long for step 2-->about 1 month dedicated, 2 months non-dedicated but had to study for other things and do rotation as well

Step 1 257
Step 2 273
USWA 262 3 wks out

Used only Uworld (did throughout htird year, completed twice during step 2 prep, 89%), FA (only ob gyne, peds, stats, ethics and pysch), Step up to Medicine
no need for silly videos, just master U world and bone up on peds, ob/gyne, and stats

Last edited:
Wow, after lurking here for the past 3 weeks glad to see someone else got scores back today. Anyway, figure I might as well contribute and help out anyone else who's gettin' ready to deal with this fun little gem.

Study Plan:
Started studying about 3 weeks out--2 of which I was also on a path rotation and had a couple of interviews (so in short, 1 week of dedicated studying).

Resources:
U World x 1 pass, avg. 79%
Secrets x 2 passes
No formal practice tests.

Test Day:
First two blocks I took to Pound Town (approx 3 guesses per block), blocks 3-8 put me back in my place (prob 10 guesses per block). Felt pretty ****ty coming out, a lot worse than Step I. As folks have already made mention of several obscure topics with some questions that were insanely complex. Overall representation of subject matter was pretty equal across the board though.

Score:
Step I: 250s
Step II CK: 260s

Overall surprisingly shocked to see such a solid score. As I said, I was hoping to just come somewhat close to what I had gotten on Step I so I didn't tank my residency app.

Nuggets of Wisdom:
1) Scoring is all relative to all the other folks who took the test at the same time--if you're generally a good test taker, try not to worry too much if you feel less than stellar walking out.
2) Really wouldn't have done too much differently. Maybe another week of dedicated studying time just for bragging rights, but at the end of the day, I'm not gonna look the gift horse in the mouth.

Last edited:
Got my scores today, just wanted to add some numbers to the thread.

Step 1: 243
Step 2: 262 :D

-Studied for 2.5 weeks for about 8-10 hours/day.
-UWorld, made it though 90% (only some medicine questions left), average 72% with a definite upward trend in the last week.
-Also read through Secrets x2 (liked this book, seemed pretty high yield), and the day before looked at the high yield section, images, and margin notes in First Aid (which probably didn't do much but made me feel better).
-Year 3 shelves raw scores were mostly in the 80s, a few low 90s.

Hope that helps, not a huge score like some of the ones on here, but still pretty psyched!

Congrats on the great score! I'm taking the exam in 4 days, and just wanted to say: I have a very similar Step 1 score, almost identical third year shelf scores, AND my study strategy is very similar, too. Except I'm studying hard-core for 12 days only (that's all my schedule allowed). I'm putting in about 10-12 hours every day, and using only Secrets (which I love) and UW. My cumulative average is 70% right now, and my timed+random+unused blocks are trending in the low-mid 70s.

Hoping for a Step 2 score close to what you got!! :luck:

I like your comment: nice ''smart enough to get...'' I think we are all the same man, lol'' Congrats and gl with the match.

Took the test today, not really sure how I feel about it. I'm going to echo what a lot of people said here -- the test was a lot harder than I expected. Here's my overall rambling impression, wanted to share before I forget, since it helped me read about other people's experiences:

-- Time issue: This was a major one for me, especially those blocks with the lengthy abstracts and dubious study designs. I was finishing my UW timed blocks in 45 min, while on the real thing I was going up to 55 min with 5 panicky minutes left to review marked questions. I had a tough start, first two blocks were slow (I was spending way too long on some question stems). The middle few blocks weren't too bad after I took a snack break, and ended the last few blocks a little better. (Those abstracts took FOREVER even when I tried being smart and read the questions first. For my last block, I just marked the abstract questions and saved them for last...worked out MUCH better).

-- Block breakdown: Every block had about 2-3 wtf questions (there was one where I recognized only ONE of the 7 answer choices, the others didn't even look English, so I picked the choice I recognized...), and about 8-9 where I was able to narrow it down to 2 and then it was all 50-50, kind of like the exam writers playing guess-what-I'm-thinking. There was SO many questions where at least 2 things were 'the next best option' and doing either one first would be acceptable. There were mostly management questions, followed by many diagnosis questions. Lots of gimmes which were so easy, I started doubting my answers... Also, those linked questions where you can't change the answer in the first one and see the answer when you go to the question -- definitely missed a few of those and that threw me off.

-- Subject-wise: For some reason, all I can think of is many OB questions, which I'm not a fan of. Medicine heavy, not much Surgery. Some Peds here and there, and some very, very strange questions where all I could think of was, "Whaaa....seriously?" (example, just making this up: patient with neuralgias and pruritis during pregnancy, and one of the answer choices was something like 'pruritic neuralgias of pregnancy') Some questions where the description of the answers were changed so that you had to think, "what is another way of saying X, because both A and B could be the answer". ID wasn't too bad. Some cardiology media murmur questions. Ethics wasn't too bad, except some weird 'preventing errors in hand-off' type questions where any of the answers could work in real life...Can't think of anything else now except questions I got wrong :(

Oh, and here's a brief breakdown of my prep

-Step 1: 240s.
-Step 2 CS - Pass
-Third year shelves: mid-high 80s.

Prep: 12 days of 10-12 hours studying.

Sources: UW (First time. All timed, random, unused blocks. Finished ~ 78%, cummulative average = 70%, upward trend toward the end), Secrets (very high yield, read one time in detail, 2nd time got about half-way though), Goljan path as reference (was actually pretty high yield for pathophysiology stuff not covered in Secrets. Was planning to read MTB but never got around to it.

Things working against me: taking it so late in the year (wish I had taken it over the summer when things are fresher), not much time to study and UW became my major source (not sure if that's a good idea).

I hope it really is normal to feel this awful about the test...I didn't feel so badly after Step 1. Seeing the scores that people are getting here after having a bad test day gives me hope :)

Good luck to those who're taking it soon. Hope this helped!

It's amazing the same names I see on this and when I was studying for Step 1 and in the other forum. Now I come to the dreaded Step 2 obligation fulfillment time. Our school requires it before 2012 so...I've waited just about as long as I can. You're right, it's hard as hell to sit down and study it.

Taking the test in 2 days. Haven't studied much at all. 5 days dedicated, 2 weeks half *****ed concurrent with a rotation. I will finish about 80%-90% of Uworld % = 74 and UWSA = 254. We'll see how this goes. HAH. Never felt so unprepared.

You're probably in fine shape. Besides, if you chose not to automatically release your scores, then it shouldn't be a big deal especially this late in the game. Even with derm.

I'm in a similar boat . . . took it a little earlier (mid-december) way after I've done anything that would've been relevant for this exam (although I think I nailed the few derm questions I recall). I basically spent 2 1/2 weeks doing UW and MTB and that's it. I was going to try to do more "slow, methodical" studying in the weeks leading up to this 2 1/2 week stretch, but really didn't at all. I finished ~90% of UW and didn't even take a UWSA like I had planned to.

Oh well, here's hoping for big things in 2012. I should hopefully get my score this Wednesday.

Do you guys think mid december test takers will get scores back this week or will the holidays affect reporting?

Step I: 255/99
Step II: 262/86

I had grand plans to study like a madman to crush this exam, but that didn't exactly pan out. I was just worried my score would not improve (or worse, would go down). I spent ~4 weeks studying using MTB and UWorld. Two of those weeks were just doing some questions and reading when I could (I was doing a rotation that was somewhat busy), and the last two weeks were just dedicated to doing UW questions nonstop.

I can go into more detail if you'd like, but basically I just threw caution to the wind and took the exam feeling a lot less prepared than I ever have for a big exam. Finished 90% of UW at 79% accuracy, but with a lot of variation (my score reports for each block looked like a big zigzagging sawtooth). Left the exam day feeling not so good at all, felt like on a lot of questions I just said "**** it" and picked something random and moved on, just wanting to finish and get out of there.

Overall, I'm pleased I suppose. I have my ERAS set to NOT automatically update programs with my score . . . at this point, is it worth manually releasing? I'm applying in a very competitive field, so I guess having any score present would be helpful, although SDN has me so paranoid that I worry programs will see my score and say "pssh, he only went up 7 points?"

Congratulations!!!!!! After 255 , obviously large jumps are not possible and 262 is really high score... So I think you should report it....

I had grand plans to study like a madman to crush this exam, but that didn't exactly pan out. I was just worried my score would not improve (or worse, would go down). I spent ~4 weeks studying using MTB and UWorld. Two of those weeks were just doing some questions and reading when I could (I was doing a rotation that was somewhat busy), and the last two weeks were just dedicated to doing UW questions nonstop.

I can go into more detail if you'd like, but basically I just threw caution to the wind and took the exam feeling a lot less prepared than I ever have for a big exam. Finished 90% of UW at 79% accuracy, but with a lot of variation (my score reports for each block looked like a big zigzagging sawtooth). Left the exam day feeling not so good at all, felt like on a lot of questions I just said "**** it" and picked something random and moved on, just wanting to finish and get out of there.

Overall, I'm pleased I suppose. I have my ERAS set to NOT automatically update programs with my score . . . at this point, is it worth manually releasing? I'm applying in a very competitive field, so I guess having any score present would be helpful, although SDN has me so paranoid that I worry programs will see my score and say "pssh, he only went up 7 points?"

Are you serious? A 262 is a top shelf score and it would be in your favor to release it.

I got my Step 2 CK score back today: 264! Very happy about this. The 2 digit score is an 87, not sure what that means but I know it recently changed and programs don't get the 2 digit score.

My step 1 was a 262 so I would say the best predictor for Step 2 is Step 1! The UW self-assessment was a 247 a couple of week before the test. I was scoring anywhere between 65-80% on untimed, tutor mode 44-question blocks. I used UW more as a study tool, reading every response and explanation whether or not I got stuff right or wrong. I read some first aid but mostly to verify or expand on concepts in UW. After my UW self-assessment I focused on my weaknesses until test day.

WOW! Honestly, your expectations are irrational. I don't mean to be rude or push buttons, but I think it will be worth your while to work on that. I know because I've been there. Fact is you did crush Step 2, just as you crushed Step 1. I anything holds you back from the top programs on your rank list it will definitely NOT be your Step scores - So Release!!!

WOW! Honestly, your expectations are irrational. I don't mean to be rude or push buttons, but I think it will be worth your while to work on that. I know because I've been there. Fact is you did crush Step 2, just as you crushed Step 1. I anything holds you back from the top programs on your rank list it will definitely NOT be your Step scores - So Release!!!

Ha, yeah, applying in derm will do that to one's perspective/expectations. I appreciate the dose of reality.

Again, for the future stats-hungry SDNers:

MCAT: 24 (1st)
MCAT: 28 (2nd)

USMLE Step 1: 244/99
NBME 6: 229
NBME 7: 231
NBME 11: 233
NBME 12: 242

USMLE Step 2 CK: 265
NBME 2: 219 (two months prior)
UWSA: 256 (one week prior)

US-IMG.

Reactions: 1 user
-4 Days dedicated studying during interview studying.
-World finished once during M3
-Rapid review of World explanations
-No practice tests
-Real deal-242

Did World and secrets for 3 weeks 4 hours a day during a rotation. I was skimming through world as I had used it for my 3rd year clerkships.
UW: 79% timed random (re-used after 3rd year)
NBME 3: 249 (before studying)
NBME 4: 262 (2 weeks prior)
UWSA: 254 (1 week prior)
Step 2 CK: 269

Took waaaay to long preparing and I dont think it mattered. What did matter was the last few weeks "something" clicked. I remember hearing someone say that there is a benefit to taking board exams because "they have to tell you things" in order to get the right answer. As soon as I realized that, moy scores skyrocketed, as I have never been a good test taker. In other words, what are they emphasizing in the vignette ? Once you train yourself to think that way you'll have no problem.

I also took this test while going through family/personal crises, as well as threats of being kicked out of school if I didn't pass. Failed before with a 182.

The nbmes weren't indicative for me even though I passed them all. They dont seem to be any good other than giving you another test source to see your weaknesses. They're not even structured like the test now.

U World sim: Spot on.
NBME 1 200
NBME 2 190
NBME 3 198
NBME 4 195

Uworld Sim: 209

Real deal: 220/80 which is a 38 point increase. Thanks everyone for your help, but im going to get my diploma now..!!!!!!

Thanks to the community for all the advice. Thought I'd give back my story. It might be of use to those who took the year off between 3 and 4 for research.

Prior to Prep:
Third year of med school: Did not use UWorld. Read textbooks/review materials for clerkships. Shelf exams consistently in 90's+.
Took year off for research. Finished research in June. Brought FA for CK and lightly read.
Sub-I's through September. No time to read/focus on CK.
Took 1 practice exam, CSSA Form 1, early during interviews. Scored 238.

Prep:
Stage 1: Through interviews, I studied for both CK and CS using FA for each. Devoted 1 week exclusively to CS without interview interruptions and exam taken in Dec. Purchased UWorld afterwards and answered questions as time permitted between interviews. Answered questions in random, timed, blocks, with occasional short bursts of 10-question, tutor mode.
Stage 2: Took 2 weeks off with no interviews and devoted time exclusively to UWorld. After 1 week of study, took CSSA Form 4, scored 258. Continued with UWorld and finished with 3 days to exam. UWorld: 100% complete, 80% correct. Spent last couple days reading rapid review portions of FA CK and Secrets.

Exam:
Fair exam. Good representation of all sections. Resembled Form 4 more closely than Form 1.

Post-Exam
Received score 3 Weds after exam.
Step 2: 265-270 (for sake of anonymity)
Step 1: 265-270

Last edited:
Step 2 CK: 260-265
(Step 1: 260-265)

Overall impression: Not a hard test compared to step 1. A lot of Derm-related questions which surprised me.

Prep:
- 2 weeks during a rotation where I spent about 2hours/day doing 1-2 sets of Uworld (42q's) and going over it.
- 1.5 weeks of "dedicated" studying time where I put in 4-5 hours/day doing 4 sets of Uworld/day. Watched lots of Psych on Netflix. Dangerous addiction**

Read 20% of First Aid and finished 80% of UWorld. Percentage = 73-74%
Practice test 3 days before the big day = 254.

The key to this is really how much you studied and learned 3rd year. During the test I felt like I was recalling things I saw on the wards or read in one of the multitude of prep books I used during clerkships. If you studied hard and did well during 3rd year then you're not going to have trouble with this test. If you didn't, then I would recommend spending much more time and focusing on reading Step Up to medicine, First Aid Step 2, and doing ALL of Uworld.

PM me if you want more advice.

I know I'm late in posting my score (just got it back yesterday; took Step 2 CK early Jan). Nevertheless, would like to share my info cuz student doc has helped me tremendously! Hopefully this will be helpful for the next year.

Step 1: 248/99
Step 2 CK: 259/86

Step 2 CK studying: 3 wks
1. Uworld - 70% complete, did not do peds at all, some psych and ob gyn were done during 3rd year but did not review any psych or ob gyn questions at all. Mainly focused on medicine and surgery during my practice and review questions. Upward trend towards the end with avg of 75% correct. BUT UWORLD IS GOLDEN THIS IS A MUST!
2. USMLE Secrets - Short, sweet, concise, high yield, loved it! A bit skimpy on some material, so I used....
3. Pocket Medicine - for my own weak areas, specifically infectious disease and a bit of rheum. My knowledge on HIV was weak, and this helped very much. Pocket Medicine helped to fill the little nooks left out by Secrets that were asked on Uworld.
4. Kaplan Pharm flash cards - 200 cards which i thought were extremely helpful and somewhat high yield for Uworld but not necessarily for the actual boards. Nevertheless I felt more comfortable having known the drugs and their best usage.
5. Pestana notes in Surgery - I thought this in combination with the Uworld surgery questions were enough to rock the surgery in the actual board exam (I actually did well even though I was mediocre during my surgery shelf). Lots of trauma and "what to do next" type of questions on actual board. So for anyone asking if reading Pestana is great and is tight on schedule, I would recommend at least reading the first chapter (trauma). But still try to read all of the Pestana notes (which are part of Kaplan's bundle of study materials for Step 2 CK).

Tips:
NEVER LEAVE THIS LAST MINUTE!!! I suffered severe senioritis and had a hard time focusing. For those really tight on schedule (1-2 weeks studying), doing Uworld and seeing an upward trend in your score is a very very very good indicator of how you will actually score in the exam. If you were already rocking your shelfs during third year (I ranged from mid 70's to high 80's never broke 90 so it's mediocrish), then you probably can get off doing quite well on the boards just using Uworld. I highly recommend finishing ALL OF UWORLD!! Only finishing 70% of it without reviewing peds, ob-gyn, or psych (which was real skimpish on the boards for me) really caused me to lose several easy points. I was aiming to get at least a 260 minimum, but I guess I am happy with my score. Hope this helps for the class of 2013!

P.S. I looked at First Aid Step 2 CK and Step Up to Medicine. I hurled after reading 3 pages of First Aid and maybe 20 pages of Step up. Personally I do not think it is needed for Step 2 unless you are really missing the core knowledge and foundation.

Damn, just sat Step 2 today. First impressions: bloody long exam, felt longer than Step 1. Quite a few easy gimme questions but also heaps of stuff that I didn't have much of a clue on. Overall I thought UWorld was a very fair representation of the questions.

Extremely medicine heavy, lots of OBGYN and peds...barely any surgery, preventative medicine, handful of biostats and psych.

I don't feel great to be honest. I read on the forums that people tend to have an idea of whether it went great or awfully and really, I don't have a clue. Just glad it is over to be honest.

Damn, just sat Step 2 today. First impressions: bloody long exam, felt longer than Step 1. Quite a few easy gimme questions but also heaps of stuff that I didn't have much of a clue on. Overall I thought UWorld was a very fair representation of the questions.

Extremely medicine heavy, lots of OBGYN and peds...barely any surgery, preventative medicine, handful of biostats and psych.

I don't feel great to be honest. I read on the forums that people tend to have an idea of whether it went great or awfully and really, I don't have a clue. Just glad it is over to be honest.

Hey, I felt that way after my exam, most people I know had no clue how they did after the exam, I think its because its so long, its hard to remember stuff from it. Just relax and wait for your results, dont waste another 4 weeks in addition to whatever you had put away for this exam.

Sorry to hijack, but just wondering if most people found UWorld and Step 2 CK a lot easier than Step 1. Maybe my basic sciences really suck, but I did pretty bad on Step 1 (passed, but that's all I was aiming for anyway).

I struggled day and night with Uworld for Step 1, getting like 40%.

I'm doing a lot better on Uworld for Step 2 right now, averaging about 60-65% (only did 10% of it so far) without much studying at all. Of course, I'm going to keep improving and studying, but just wondering if it's just me or I'm getting some false sense of reassurance.

Sorry to hijack, but just wondering if most people found UWorld and Step 2 CK a lot easier than Step 1. Maybe my basic sciences really suck, but I did pretty bad on Step 1 (passed, but that's all I was aiming for anyway).

I struggled day and night with Uworld for Step 1, getting like 40%.

I'm doing a lot better on Uworld for Step 2 right now, averaging about 60-65% (only did 10% of it so far) without much studying at all. Of course, I'm going to keep improving and studying, but just wondering if it's just me or I'm getting some false sense of reassurance.

For me , both step 1 and 2 seemed equal in difficulty, step 2 was less knowledge more application, step 1 was more facts less application. For you, well it could be a bunch of things, mostly related to your basic science knowledge vs. clinical knowledge, I find that people usually say that clinical stuff is easier or more 'common sense' but i think its because you pay more attention to clinical material because lets face it , its the reason most of wanted to be doctors in the first place. Don't worry though, try and aim for a 70 percent or above in uworld and you should be fine in the real thing.

I think most people get a score on Step 2CK which is comparable to their estimated score using their UWorld percentage. I haven't met a single person in my class that was shocked by their score - either high or low.

I think most people get a score on Step 2CK which is comparable to their estimated score using their UWorld percentage. I haven't met a single person in my class that was shocked by their score - either high or low.

Thanks all, that's reassuring. I didn't do too bad in world (72%, 75% last 5 blocks) and would be happy with that prediction! I did take a month after I did that to read through Step Up and Secrets.

Probably just a bit of post exam nerves. Will post my score when I get it :)

Thanks all, that's reassuring. I didn't do too bad in world (72%, 75% last 5 blocks) and would be happy with that prediction! I did take a month after I did that to read through Step Up and Secrets.

Probably just a bit of post exam nerves. Will post my score when I get it :)

As long as you remember the material from the qbank, you should be in the 240+ zone no probs, thats my opinion, for what it may be worth.