USMLEWorld questions and Step 2???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

melonque

Hey, guys,
I know this question has been asked, but can someone who just took the test and did USMLEWorld give me some advice? Will you do USMLEWorld or Qbank, if you can only do one? and why?

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, i'm taking USMLE step-2 on Aug 30th, and i'v done both USMLEWORLD and KAPLAN Q-bank, so after that i'll let you know how it went...based on the NBME self assessments which i have taken for step-2, I found usmleworld to be much more representative?

later

Jattdoc said:
Well, i'm taking USMLE step-2 on Aug 30th, and i'v done both USMLEWORLD and KAPLAN Q-bank, so after that i'll let you know how it went...based on the NBME self assessments which i have taken for step-2, I found usmleworld to be much more representative?

later

Can you be a little more specific as to how Q-bank wasn't as representative as usmleworld? E.g. does Q-bank concentrate more on obscure disease? Are usmleworld questions harder and thus more comparative to the NBME self assessments compared to Q-bank? I'm taking step 2 a few days before you, so time is of the essence! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I JUST took Step 2 today, and I think that QBank is a pretty good approximation of the test...

I also did the NMS questions...all of them are not representative but they are good also...the Kaplan simulated exam was really helpful too.

Some advice...make sure you know the common diseases (Diabetes, HTN, atherosclerocis, MS, GB, Eclampsia, etc) and their management INSIDE OUT!! There were SO many questions on those...make sure you know what to do IN ORDER cause they will ask you "what do you do next" and there will seem like there are 2 correct answers but one should be done before the other.

Rest up, LOOOOOONNNGGG exam...but actually I found that I needed more time...good luck dude :D

melonque said:
Hey, guys,
I know this question has been asked, but can someone who just took the test and did USMLEWorld give me some advice? Will you do USMLEWorld or Qbank, if you can only do one? and why?

Thanks a lot!
I just took step II a week ago. I did both Qbank and USMLEWorld. I think that if only choosing one, USMLEWorld is the way to go--it is a lot more representative of the real exam. Qbank's questions are too straight forward and simplified compared to the real exam. USMLEWorld is pretty comparable with question wordings/difficultness--probably a bit harder than the real exam. However, USMLEWorld does have a bit too much on "rare things" that more than likely not be on the Step II, or if they are, only one question.

Any more questions, let me know!! I would be glad to help.