USMLE/COMLEX USMLEWorld Step 2 - Raffle and Product Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USMLEWorld

Vendor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
logo.jpg

Step 2 CK (Clinical Knowledge) Qbank

Our Step 2 CK Qbank subscription includes the following contents:

• Over 2000 high quality, unrepeated multiple choice questions
  • State-of-the-art, classic board-type questions created by real-life physicians
  • Detailed explanation and educational objective for each question with excellent illustrations and charts that are easy to read and interpret
  • Board simulated interface design with FRED software features (highlight, strike-out, annotation, searchable lab values, calculator, mark/flag items etc)
  • Customizable practice tests (create subject-specific, system-specific or combination tests in timed, timed tutor, untimed and tutorial modes)
  • Sequence and media questions

You can do all of the following and more via your Step 2 CK Qbank subscription:

• Create, suspend, or resume a test at anytime with 24 hour account access via the internet
  • View your cumulative performance outline and compare your performance scores with other USMLEWorld users to see which subjects you need to improve
  • Compare your progress over time via detailed performance charts
  • Generate identical test blocks, ideal for instructor-led study groups
  • External references to medical journal abstracts
  • Improve your time management skill by monitoring time spent per question

Further information about our Step 2 CK Qbank subscription can be found on our website at http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CK/step2ck_qbank.aspx.

Step 2 CK Qbank Subscription Rates

• 30-day Qbank membership: $99
  • 60-day Qbank membership: $135
  • 90-day Qbank membership: $185
  • 180-day Qbank membership: $299
  • 360-day Qbank membership: $399

Step 2 Self-Assessment Exam

Self-assessment exam subscription consists of:

• Four blocks of questions (44 questions per block) in timed mode
  • Completely different set of questions (not taken from the Qbank) based on realistic exam content
  • Correct Answer and a detailed explanation for each question
  • Educational objective for each question
  • Board-simulated interface design with FRED software features (highlight, strike-out, annotation, searchable lab values, calculator, mark/flag items, etc)
  • Score report with assessment score and approximate USMLE™ three digit score
  • Detailed analysis of relative strengths and weaknesses across subjects and systems
  • Consisting of sequence and media questions
Further information regarding our Step 2 self-assessment exam subscription can be found at
http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CK/step2ck_exam.aspx page on our website.

Step 2 Self-Assessment Form Subscription Rates

• Self-Assessment Exam Form 1 (2-weeks): $30

Discounted combination subscription packages

To review the combination prices, please visit http://www.usmleworld.com/purchase.aspx and click on the "Step 2" image. This consists of all currently available subscription options, including combination packages.

Step 2 CS (Clinical Skills) material

Our Step 2 CS subscription includes the following contents:

• Complete, guided tour of the practical examination
  • 70+ excellent clinical cases
  • Firsthand information about the exam
  • Detailed history taking and physical examination videos
  • Medical terminology, including abbreviations
  • Complete list of important differential diagnosis given towards each clinical encounter
  • Key investigations to apply towards every patient and tips on how to close the encounter
  • Patient counseling issues
  • Detailed information about "How to respond to the patient's challenging questions"
  • Tips for your exam date, along with an FAQ
Further information about our Step 2 CS subscription can be found at http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CS/step2cs_cs.aspx.

Step 2 CS Subscription Rates

• 30-day CS membership: $50
  • 45-day CS membership: $60
  • 60-day CS membership: $70

FAQ

Q: When does a subscription start? Can it be purchased now but used later? What if I purchase a combination package consisting of multiple courses?
A: A subscription duration starts from the moment it is activated and not from the time of setup/purchase. This allows you the flexibility of starting a subscription when you are truly ready to utilize it. If your initial purchase consists of multiple courses (Qbank, Self-assessment exam form(s), CCS, etc), you will need to activate each of them individually via your account on our website.

Q: Is there a guest account or trial option to test the product prior to purchase?
A: Unfortunately, we do not offer guest/trial accounts to test our product(s) at this time. However, you can view a demo of our software from each of the product pages. You will need to have Adobe Flash installed on your system to view the demos.

Q: Is the software accessible via mobile devices (Android powered phone, Blackberry, iPhone, etc.)?
A: Mobile devices lack the necessary resolution of 1024x768 pixels. Hence, our services cannot be used from any mobile (or) other hand-held devices at this time. It is recommended you consult our system requirements webpage at http://www.usmleworld.com/system_requirements.aspx for a complete listing of necessary system requirements.

Q: How often is the content updated?
A: All of our products have a finite set of questions/cases and we routinely review and update them based on new research and changes in diagnostic and patient management practices. Questions containing older or outdated material are replaced with updated question content. Once a new question/case is added or an existing question/case is updated, it is automatically made available to all users with an active subscription to that particular course (regardless of the initial purchased duration).
- Step 1 content does not change as often as Step 2 or Step 3 as these questions/content are based on core scientific principals
- Step 2 content is added and/or changed based on new diagnostic procedures and medical research (this occurs quite frequently)
- Step 3 content is changed based on new protocols in patient management
- Content in our Self-assessment exams and Subject Review is changed only if the question/concept is obsolete
- Step 2 CS and Step 3 CCS cases are updated based on new protocols in patient handling/management

Q: Does USMLEWorld offer any discounts?
A: Unfortunately, we do not offer discounts to individual subscribers for the purchase of a new subscription. The only discount that we offer is a group discount for 50 or more subscriptions on Step 1 or Step 2 CK subscriptions. Please see our help page at http://www.usmleworld.com/help.aspx under General -> "Do you offer any discounts for students? Professionals? Institutions?" for further details.

Reference URL's
- View a non-interactive demo of qbank/self-assessment exam: http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CK/step2ck_demo.aspx
- Recent subscriber feedback qbank/self-assessment exam: http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CK/step2ck_testimonials.aspx
- View screenshots of our CS material: http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CS/step2cs_demo.aspx
- Recent subscriber feedback for 2 CS material: http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CS/step2cs_testimonials.aspx
- System requirements: http://www.usmleworld.com/system_requirements.aspx
- Answers to a majority of general/technical queries: http://www.usmleworld.com/help.aspx

We will be giving away one "Step 2 CK Qbank 60-day Membership" to two members. Winners for each raffle will be drawn by the forum administrator from among the members who meaningfully contribute to the thread (ask questions, respond to other members' questions, share their user experience, etc.).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi USMLEWorld,

I took CK over a year ago, so maybe you've already gotten this feedback. But I found that the questions in the Qbank, while on target topic-wise, were way shorter than the questions on the real test. I had no trouble finishing the Qbank sets of questions well before the time limits, but I was much closer to the time limits on the real test. I'd suggest making the questions longer (more data, more labs, etc.) if you haven't already done that.

Also, I wanted to tell you that the CK practice test was dead on in terms of predicting my score. I ended up scoring like two points higher on the real test. :thumbup:

I would agree that the question stems were slightly too short, but the subject matter was right on the mark. USMLE World Step 2 was basically all I used to study for my CK. Finished the whole qbank. Really pleased with my final score.

For both Step 1 and Step 2 I was pretty darn impressed with how extensive the explanations are. Really covers the majority of the info you need, which is why when I adjusted my studying for Step 2 compared to Step 1 I focused on questions over reading. Definitely made a difference in my score. UW questions are where its at.

Members don't see this ad :)
the step 1 bank needs more behavior science questions, specifically doctor patient questions

2 questions :

1. For Step 2 CS, what is the material provided? Is it videos, questions, or reading material?

2. There is high demand for an iphone/ipod app that allows access to USMLE World question banks. Is this something USMLE World is considering?

I agree with the previous poster. An app for iphone/iPod and other mobile devices would be a great way to study on the wards when you have some down time as I used the Step 2 CK bank as a way to study for the shelf exams.

Please consider this. It would make the QBank even more useful than it already is.

@QofQuimica & alwaysaangel: We appreciate your feedback and have received similar reports from a few others in the past. New questions added to the qbank are taking such feedback into account so questions are more comparative to what can be expected on the actual exam.

@kryptik: Breakdown of questions in each of the qbanks is based on published metrics by USMLE. Please consult the latest bulletin of information released by USMLE for further details regarding subject makeup in each of the qbanks.

@IMGUSMLEStep1: Please consult http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CS/step2cs_cs.aspx page for learn details about our Step 2 CS offering.

@IMGUSMLEStep1 & Jolie South: As mentioned in our FAQ in the main post, mobile devices are inadequate to replicate the qbank interface. Our developers are aware of a multitude of requests from users to develop a mobile application and may develop one in future. Unfortunately, a time line of if or when this may occur is not currently known.

How often do you update the step 2 ck questions to include new practice guidelines? My classmate told me they had a few Qs that were based on out of date guidelines.

I recently noticed Educus. how should we best utilize this w/ UWorld?

It's been said in the step1 forum that the self-assessment is more predictive prior to utilizing the full qbank and less predictive of your score after going through the qbank. is that also the case for step 2?

How often do you update the step 2 ck questions to include new practice guidelines? My classmate told me they had a few Qs that were based on out of date guidelines.

I took my CK in June last year, and the qbank was pretty updated (up to March 2010). When my husband took his CK in November, the version of qbank that he used contained updates from June after I took my exam, July and even August 2010. I think that's pretty good. The question that most irritated me with other qbanks was the guidelines for when to start pap smears in females. Previously it was stated that as soon as a woman is sexually active (even if she might be 13 years old) but the new guidelines state that it should start at 21 regardless of sexual activity. the UWorld reflects that.

Overall I would say that UWORLD is indeed the best out there. I have been using it since Basic sciences biochemistry and I recommend it to everyone. I think it really does hold you to a higher standard and increases your score. I had >246 on both my step1 and step2.

I took my CK in June last year, and the qbank was pretty updated (up to March 2010). When my husband took his CK in November, the version of qbank that he used contained updates from June after I took my exam, July and even August 2010. I think that's pretty good. The question that most irritated me with other qbanks was the guidelines for when to start pap smears in females. Previously it was stated that as soon as a woman is sexually active (even if she might be 13 years old) but the new guidelines state that it should start at 21 regardless of sexual activity. the UWorld reflects that.

Overall I would say that UWORLD is indeed the best out there. I have been using it since Basic sciences biochemistry and I recommend it to everyone. I think it really does hold you to a higher standard and increases your score. I had >246 on both my step1 and step2.

I'm almost done with the step II qbank and I agree that most of the guidelines are up to date. If there is one that isn't up to date, you can leave feedback, and I'm sure they'll update it soon.

I also agree that the question stems are too short, and I'm glad USMLE world is taking that into consideration with revisions.

I've heard from other classmates that the surgery questions tend to be very ortho and trauma heavy. Is there any effort to change or update these questions, to reflect more medical management of other common surgical diseases, to better prepare for the surgery shelf exam many 3rd years take (in addition to Step 2)?

Otherwise, just wanted to echo the other comments in this thread that the UWorld Step 2 qbank is a very valuable resource, and I'm glad that it's constantly being updated and revised. Many thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used USMLE World for step 1 and it was fantastic. I've heard that most people use it for step 2 as well. Given that there isn't as clear best choice for a step 2 book, world is even more important.

I too used UWorld for Step 1 and found it to be incredibly valuable. I've heard similar stories for UWorld Step 2, and plan to use it for Step 2 prep.

It's been said in the step1 forum that the self-assessment is more predictive prior to utilizing the full qbank and less predictive of your score after going through the qbank. is that also the case for step 2?

I would have to disagree with this sentiment. The self-assessment captures a 'moment-in-time'. So after having gone through the question bank and extensive review of the material, you are more likely going to be better prepared which will not only reflect in your self-assessment but also on the real examination.

I was very satisfied with both the UWorld question bank and self-assessments for Step 1 and hope their products for Step 2 are as impressive.

I would have to disagree with this sentiment. The self-assessment captures a 'moment-in-time'. So after having gone through the question bank and extensive review of the material, you are more likely going to be better prepared which will not only reflect in your self-assessment but also on the real examination.

I was very satisfied with both the UWorld question bank and self-assessments for Step 1 and hope their products for Step 2 are as impressive.

What I meant was that the self-assessments tend to overestimate your score b/c once going through the qbank you are more used to the way in which UWORLD asks a question. Thus, the scores predicted by a SA after finishing the qbank (at least I've heard, and from anecdotal experience) are an overestimate of your actual score.

I think USMLE world is hands down the best for all the steps due to its in depth explanations. Is step 2 generally regarded as on target as the step 1 material?

I was wondering what everyone's opinion was on using UWorld to prepare for COMLEX step 2. I have read some posts that people said while UW was helpful for step 1 COMLEX it was not as helpful for COMLEX step 2?

I do realize UW does not cover any OMM so that is not something that needs to be addressed.

How long would you have to activate the membership if you win?

I have purchased a copy of Uworld for Step 1. Is there a discount or special pricing for the Step 2 version if I own the Step 1 one?

Also, How valuable do you think this is as a tool for studying for the shelf exams?

Finally, if I were to activate a subscription in the beginning of third year, would there be a discounted price to reactivate the same subscription for an extra month or two when studying for Step 2?

Thanks!

Hi, I have used USMLE World for Step 1 and it was great, very informative...and now I look forward to using it when I prepare for Step 2. I just wanted to know how often are the questions "updated" or added in order to accommodate the new things that USMLE is focusing on?...Are the questions just randomly updated when they come up or is there a set during the year when the qbank is updated? Also, when you add new questions do you remove some questions that are now high yield anymore?

Thank you for your help!:)

I used both Kaplan Qbank and UWorld to study for step 1 and found the explanations in UWorld to be more on point and higher yield for the exam.

The one thing that I wasn't able to do in UWorld, however, was resize the text in the test window when I was taking the exam on my external monitor. Is there any chance that this could be implemented so that the text doesn't appear so small?

We are constantly reviewing, updating, and adding new questions to our Qbanks to ensure that the content is up-to-date and reflective of the style of the USMLE exams. Further, Step 2 content is added and/or changed based on new diagnostic procedures and medical research (this occurs quite frequently).

I used both Kaplan Qbank and UWorld to study for step 1 and found the explanations in UWorld to be more on point and higher yield for the exam.

The one thing that I wasn't able to do in UWorld, however, was resize the text in the test window when I was taking the exam on my external monitor. Is there any chance that this could be implemented so that the text doesn't appear so small?

This feature has already been implemented in a newer version of our client. To ensure that you have the latest client available, we recommend that you launch the Qbank after logging in via our website.

You are now able to change the font size by going to the Utilities Tab -> Preferences -> Font Size.

I recently noticed Educus. how should we best utilize this w/ UWorld?

Educus (http://www.educus.com) is a new, medical search engine developed by USMLEWorld, which we are currently offering free of charge. The concept behind Educus is to provide accurate, up-to-date clinical and scientific information information in the most convenient format possible, much like a medical version of Google.

In many of the questions within our Qbanks, you will now notice external references to medical journals and articles following the explanation. Should you like to learn more about a particular topic or further details regarding a question/answer, we recommend that you visit these reference links.

Is USMLE world planning any major revisions for their Step3 materials in the next few months? I'm getting prepping for the exam and debating on when to start using the USMLE world Qbank. Thanks

Your self-assessments for Step 1 were pretty spot on for my actual performance on the test. Have you heard feedback about how this is for the self-assessment for your Step 2 bank?

Hope you guys keep up the good work... you have a fantastic product!

can you guide how to best use the UW step 2 CK qbank while preparing. I want to have the input from the creators.

Is USMLE world planning any major revisions for their Step3 materials in the next few months? I'm getting prepping for the exam and debating on when to start using the USMLE world Qbank. Thanks

We are constantly reviewing, updating, and adding new questions to our Qbanks to ensure that the content is up-to-date and reflective of the style of the USMLE exams. Further, questions for Step 3 are added and/or revised based on new protocols in patient management (new questions are added frequently).

As long as you have an active subscription, however, you will always have access to the latest questions/content that we have available for it.

can you guide how to best use the UW step 2 CK qbank while preparing. I want to have the input from the creators.

You can generate as many tests as you would like during your active subscription duration. However, to ensure that you see each question at least once, we recommend that you first generate tests via the "unused" question mode.

Once you are done with all "unused" questions, you may want to generate tests using other options like "All", "Incorrect," or "Marked". It is advised that you read the explanations of all questions 2-3 times before you go for a second round.

I have USMLEWorld for step 1 and enjoy it a lot overall. I do find some questions seem miscategorized. I also find the lab value tab painfully slow to come up and some random formatting issues.

If one were to win this raffle, are they allowed to activate at any time or do they have to use it within a certain time period? In other words, could someone in their first year of med school win it and then hold off on activation until third year. (I'm actually MS2, but figured I'd make the question a little broader)

I used step 1 qbank for step 1 prep and am interested in the step2 qbank. 2 (minor) things that were troublesome with the qbank was that there is a highlight amount limit per question--is there a way to turn this off for the step2 qbank? Also, what is the computer settings one should have to get the medial files to work? the heart sounds would not work occasionally on my computer.

I have heard from several individuals that they suggest getting a World to use during clerkships to study for the shelf. Is there a way to only select questions that are for a specific displine, for example Peds or IM?

I used UWorld for Step 1 and it was by far the best question bank out there! :thumbup:

My experience with USMLE World for Step 1 was excellent. It was by far the best in terms of learning "content"for the step 1/level 1 for comlex or usmle. While other question banks (COMBANK) lend more towards the style of question for the COMLEX, I purchased USMLE World to learn content and organize my question-answering-through-process, if you know what I mean.

I will definitely use it for step 2 but would love a free subscription!

I have heard from several individuals that they suggest getting a World to use during clerkships to study for the shelf. Is there a way to only select questions that are for a specific displine, for example Peds or IM?

I've heard the same from people about studying for shelf exams. I do not have personal experience with this though.

I used Uworld for step 1. Are the questions totally different from step 1? and how often are new questions added

Does anyone have any thoughts on the relative value of UW vs Kaplan for Step 2? Also, how long do people usually take to complete the qbank?

Most people only study a month or less for step 2. Also a lot of people use qbanks way more than books for step 2. So total study time would be less than doing both like for step 1.

My plan will be to do uworld and some amount of text in a month plus doing reading during my psych clerkship.

You know, I didn't find that statement to actually be true for step 1. The UWSA gave me a pretty good prediction of my score, and I took it after finishing the qbank (two days before the real thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.