USMLE/COMLEX USMLEWorld Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USMLEWorld

Vendor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
logo.jpg

Step 2 CK (Clinical Knowledge) Qbank

Our Step 2 CK Qbank subscription includes the following contents:

• Over 2000 high quality, unrepeated multiple choice questions
  • State-of-the-art, classic board-type questions created by real-life physicians
  • Detailed explanation and educational objective for each question with excellent illustrations and charts that are easy to read and interpret
  • Board simulated interface design with FRED V2.0 software features (highlight, strike-out, annotation, searchable lab values, calculator, mark/flag items etc)
  • Customization of practice tests (create subject-specific, system-specific or combination tests in timed, untimed and tutorial modes)
  • Suspend and resume a test at anytime at your convenience with 24 hr account web access
  • Compare performance scores with other USMLEWorld users, see which subjects you need to improve and view your cumulative performance outline
  • Consisting of sequence and media questions
Detailed description and information regarding our Step 2 CK Qbank subscription can be reviewied from http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CK/step2ck_qbank.aspx page on our website.

Step 2 CK Qbank Subscription Rates

• 30-day Qbank membership: $99
  • 60-day Qbank membership: $135
  • 90-day Qbank membership: $185
  • 180-day Qbank membership: $299
  • 360-day Qbank membership: $399

Step 2 Self-Assessment Exam

Self-assessment exam subscription consists of:

• Four blocks of questions (46 questions per block) in timed mode
  • Completely different set of questions (not taken from Qbank) written based on most realistic exam content
  • Answers and detailed explanation for each question
  • Educational objective for each question
  • Board simulated interface design with FRED V2.0 software features (highlight, strike-out, annotation, searchable lab values, calculator, mark/flag items etc)
  • Score report with assessment score and approximate USMLE™ three digit score
  • Detailed analysis of relative strengths and weaknesses in different subjects and systems
  • Consisting of sequence and media questions
Detailed description and information regarding our Step 2 self-assessment exam subscription can be reviewied from http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CK/step2ck_exam.aspx page on our website.

Step 2 Self-Assessment Form Subscription Rates

• Self-Assessment Exam Form 1 (2-weeks): $30
Discounted combination subscription packages
To review the combination prices visit http://www.usmleworld.com/purchase.aspx and click on the large Step 2 image. This consists of all currently available subscription options including combination packages.

Step 2 CS (Clinical Skills) material

Our Step 2 CS subscription includes the following contents:

• A complete guided tour of this practical examination
  • 70+ excellent clinical cases
  • Firsthand information about the exam that none of our competitors will provide
  • Detailed history taking and physical examination techniques with video
  • Medical terminology (abbreviations)
  • A complete list of important differential diagnosis given towards each clinical encounter
  • Key investigations to apply towards every patient and tips on how to close the encounter
  • Patient counseling issues
  • Detailed information about "how to respond to patient's challenging questions"
  • Tips for your exam date with FAQ
Detailed description and information regarding our Step 2 CS subscription can be reviewied from http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CS/step2cs_cs.aspx page on our website.

Step 2 CS Subscription Rates

• 30-day CS membership: $50
  • 45-day CS membership: $60
  • 60-day CS membership: $70

FAQ

Q: When does a subscription start? Can it be purchased now but used later? What if I purchase a combination package consisting of multiple courses?
A: All subscriptions go into effect from the date/time it is activated and not the date/time of setup/purchase. This process of activating a subscription after purchase allows you flexibility of starting a subscription when you are truly ready to utilize it. If your initial purchase consists of multiple courses (qbank, self-assessment exam form, CS), you need to activate each of them individually via your account on our website.

Q: Is there a guest account or trial option to test the product prior to purchase?
A: We do not offer guest/trial accounts to test our product(s). However, you can view a demo of our software from each of the product pages. You will need to have Adobe Flash installed on your system to view the demo.

Q: Is the software accessible via mobile device (Android powered phone, Blackberry, iPhone, etc.)?
A: Mobile devices lack the necessary resolution of 1024x768 pixels, hence our services cannot be used from any mobile (or) other hand-held devices. It is recommended you consult system requirements to use our offerings via http://www.usmleworld.com/system_requirements.aspx page.

Q: How often is the content updated?
A: All of our qbanks have a finite set of questions and we routinely review and update them based on new research, changes in diagnostic and patient management practices. Question containing older or non-relevant material are replaced with updated question content. Once a new question is added or an existing question is updated, it is automatically made available to all users with an active subscription to that particular course (regardless of their course subscription duration).
- Content for Step 1 does not change that often as it is based on core scientific principals
- Content for Step 2 is added and/or changed based on new diagnostic procedure and medical research (this occurs quite frequently)
- Content for Step 3 is also changed based on new protocols in patient management (not as frequently as Step 2)

Q: Does USMLEWorld offer any discounts?
A: Unfortunately, we do not offer discounts to individual subscribers for purchase of a new subscription. To inquire more about group discounts, please contact us (via http://www.usmleworld.com/contact_us.aspx page) with:
- Number of users in the group
- Desired subscription package(s) (from those outlined on http://www.usmleworld.com/purchase.aspx page)
- Contact telephone and available timings

Reference URL's
- View a non-interactive demo of qbank/self-assessment exam: http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CK/step2ck_demo.aspx
- Recent subscriber feedback qbank/self-assessment exam: http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CK/step2ck_testimonials.aspx
- View screenshots of our CS material: http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CS/step2cs_demo.aspx
- Recent subscriber feedback for 2 CS material: http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CS/step2cs_testimonials.aspx
- System requirements: http://www.usmleworld.com/system_requirements.aspx
- Answers to a majority of general/technical queries: http://www.usmleworld.com/help.aspx

We will be giving away one 'Step 2 Qbank 60-day Membership' to two members. Winners for each raffle will be drawn by forum administrator from among the members who meaningfully contribute to the thread (ask questions, respond to other member questions, share their usage experience, etc.).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Would you say that most of the students that buy your bank do so for a short amount of time (just for step 2 study) or for a year to use for shelf exams as well?

What new features do you have when compared to your competitors?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you able to review the questions in the self assessments?

Is there a feature that allows you to take notes about questions you got wrong or concepts you did not understand within the program itself?

1. What review book do you think would best compliment a subscription to USMLEWorld for Step 2? Is there any that is directly associated?

2. Do you offer an additional questionbank for osteopathic medical students?

3. Is there an iphone/smartphone application for q-bank access? (This is a reach, but a relevant question nonetheless). Are there any plans in the works?

Thanks for your responses in advance!

To UW

UW has always had a great reputation.
Question:
Is covering all the questions on UW for step 2, enough to atleast past USMLE STEP2? (ONLY USING the UW questions-Do u think all the info required is all in the qbank)

Thank U

Last edited:
How many media questions total are there?

Can one print out the questions one missed or just cut and paste some of the explanations?

Are you able to review the questions in the self assessments?

I have used the self assessments for Step 1 and you are allowed to to review the questions and answers just like the regular q-bank, but if I remember correctly you only have 2 weeks to do so for each assessment. I bought both of the assessments for step 2 but I'm saving them for closer to my exam date, so I can't say for sure what the policy is on step 2 assessment exams.

FWIW, I thought they were really helpful for step 1 to assess your knowledge and figuring out which areas you are weak in.

Can one print out the questions one missed or just cut and paste some of the explanations?

No, it's protected information and there are anti-piracy software measures in place. You risk losing your subscription if you attempt to download/print/screen capture information.

However, you can type and save notes about each individual question in the actual program for future reference, but they cannot be printed out.

Last edited:
Is there any sort of input like typing up a list of differential diagnoses on the CS?

I was a big fan of UW for step 1.

My question for you is, if the real exam is 7 blocks, why are the self-assessments only 4 blocks? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to have the practice exam match the real exam?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Also why is there four blocks of 46 questions when the exam has been changed to 44 per block?

I was a big fan of UW for step 1.

My question for you is, if the real exam is 7 blocks, why are the self-assessments only 4 blocks? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to have the practice exam match the real exam?

Thanks

I used USMLE World for Step 1 and wasn't able to do as well as I wanted. Most likely because I only went through the qbank once and I should have done it multiple times, but like a ***** I had paid for Kaplan as well so I tried to use both instead of utlizing one thing well.

Obviously now I have to make sure I do well on my Step 2 to make up for my Step 1.

Are there going to be additional step 2 assesments posted soon?

Right now there is only one and I would love to see more. I know I can use all the practice I can get.

Also for CS do you have the ability to write the 10 minute notes after the clinical case and have that graded so you get an idea of how your note writing is?

@lacrossefiend73: The average subscription purchase duration of our Step 2 CK course material is 90-days. We have had users in the past that subscribed to it for full 360-day duration and used the qbank during their rotations however, using it for your shelf exams might be a bit of a stretch.

@Whats_up_doc: We cannot objectively respond to this question and recommend seeking feedback from your peers who have used our course offerings and those from our competitors recently.

@Colbert, @incubate6times: Yes, as mentioned in our initial post, please review detailed description and information regarding our Step 2 CK Qbank subscription from http://www.usmleworld.com/Step2CK/step2ck_qbank.aspx page on our website.

@MaximusD, @phase12007: Our questions are written by practicing physicians so it is not possible to refer to text as a source. We do recommend using your textbooks, notes etc. when you are preparing for the exam. Our course offerings are geared towards USMLE hence, we do not have anything currently available for Osteopathic students. See FAQ in original post for your mobile phone/device related question.

@Zweisamkeit, @socaltrojan: Our Step 2 CS material consists on reading material only and does not contain any type of interactive components. You can however use our material with a study partner to practice your skills.

@blackpager, @SURVIVOR25: Our existing Self-assessment block was designed when the Step 2 CK exam consisted of 46 questions. When a new block will be added in future, it will reflect the new block size.

I am taking CS in a week so we'll see how it goes, with CK to follow in a month. UW was excellent for step 1 and I am a fan. I liked how the format was exactly the same as the real thing.

I used USMLEWorld for Step 1. I remember there were a lot of technical bugs that ate into my subscription days. I hope they've been ironed out since last year. I'm not sure which test bank I'm going to use for Step 2 yet.

I do wish it was easier to somehow flag questions (or explanations) for later review and have easy access to those marked questions rather than hunting them down individually. Is there not a way to segregate marked questions from the all other used questions?

How predictive is the self-assessment of your final score?

Hi,

In the Qbank, If one finishes doing all the questions completeley.
Can one redo all the questions again without the questions being repeated, the second time around.

Thank You

@psychforme: Based on the feedback we received from prior subscribers, their score was accurate within 10 points within 7 days of taking our self-assessment exam. This gap increased as their test date was further away from them taking our self-assessment exam.

@alesa: Yes, it is possible with some manual work on part of the user.

I used this resource. It was helpful for both step 2 and core rotations. I only wish that I had used it more often during the rotations. For gunners out there I recommend getting a year subscription and using it with your associated rotations.

@psychforme: Based on the feedback we received from prior subscribers, their score was accurate within 10 points within 7 days of taking our self-assessment exam. This gap increased as their test date was further away from them taking our self-assessment exam.

@alesa: Yes, it is possible with some manual work on part of the user.

ThanK You for ur response

Compared to Kaplan, what do you offer that's different? i've heard that the usmle world ?'s are much shorter than the actual exam, whereas kaplan's are slightly longer. I am concerned about being able to practice finishing on time, my biggest issue. Is this true?

I used KAPLAN qbank for step 1 and was happy with my score but USMLE World was REALLY good for step 2, all I did was the questions and some quick reading and my score went higher, very happy and it's cheaper (plus it looks just like the exam, I felt like I was doing the same thing I had been doing for weeks). Good luck everyone! :luck:

Compared to Kaplan, what do you offer that's different? i've heard that the usmle world ?'s are much shorter than the actual exam, whereas kaplan's are slightly longer. I am concerned about being able to practice finishing on time, my biggest issue. Is this true?

Sorry to post again so quick. I thought the length of questions were about right (for WORLD I mean). I am a slow test taker and I found that I had more time on step 2 left then I did on step 1 (I mean I am REALLY slow, like filling in last bubble on NBME stuff just before time is called... that's embarrassing :oops:)

Status
Not open for further replies.