USMLE/COMLEX USMLEWorld Step 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USMLEWorld

Vendor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
logo.jpg

Step 3 MCQ (Multiple Choice test Question) Qbank

Our Step 3 MCQ Qbank subscription includes the following contents:

• Over 1300 high quality, unrepeated multiple choice questions
  • State-of-the-art, classic board-type questions created by real-life physicians
  • Detailed explanation and educational objective for each question with excellent illustrations and charts that are easy to read and interpret
  • Board simulated interface design with FRED V2.0 software features (highlight, strike-out, annotation, searchable lab values, calculator, mark/flag items etc)
  • Customization of practice tests (create subject-specific, system-specific or combination tests in timed, untimed and tutorial modes)
  • Suspend and resume a test at anytime at your convenience with 24-hr account web access
  • Compare performance scores with other USMLEWorld users, see which subjects you need to improve and view your cumulative performance outline
  • Consisting of sequence and set questions
Detailed description and information regarding our Step 3 Qbank subscription can be reviewied from http://www.usmleworld.com/Step3/step3_qbank.aspx page on our website.

Step 3 Qbank Subscription Rates

• 30-day Qbank membership: $99
  • 60-day Qbank membership: $135
  • 90-day Qbank membership: $185
  • 180-day Qbank membership: $299
  • 360-day Qbank membership: $399

Step 3 Self-Assessment Exam

Self-assessment exam subscription consists of:

• Four blocks of questions (48 questions per block) in timed mode
  • Completely different set of questions (not taken from Qbank) written based on most realistic exam content
  • Answers and detailed explanation for each question
  • Educational objective for each question
  • Board simulated interface design with FRED V2.0 software features (highlight, strike-out, annotation, searchable lab values, calculator, mark/flag items etc)
  • Score report with assessment score and approximate USMLE™ 3-digit score
  • Detailed analysis of relative strength and weakness in difference subjects and systems
  • Consisting of sequence and media questions
Detailed description and information regarding our Step 3 self-assessment exam subscription can be reviewied from http://www.usmleworld.com/Step3/step3_exam.aspx page on our website.

Step 3 Self-Assessment Form Subscription Rates

• Self-Assessment Exam Form 1 (2-weeks): $30

Step 3 CCS (computer-based case simulations) material

Our Step 3 CCS section includes the following contents:

• 52 Interactive Step CCS cases (The only true online interactive CCS software)
  • 41 Case management read out material
  • Continuous updates to cases to comply with the exact Clinical Case Simulation (CCS) software keywords
  • Detailed Explanations for Case management, Scoring and Clock Management for interactive cases
  • Continuous updates to cases as needed based on the feedback
  • Key to Success and tips for the exam
Detailed description and information regarding our Step 3 CCS subscription can be reviewied from http://www.usmleworld.com/Step3/step3_ccs.aspx page on our website.

Step 3 CCS subscription rates

• 30-day CCS membership: $80
  • 60-day CCS membership: $100
  • 90-day CCS membership: $120
  • 180-day CCS membership: $140
  • 360-day CCS membership: $160

Discounted combination subscription packages

To review combination prices visit http://www.usmleworld.com/purchase.aspx and click on the large Step 3 image. This consists of all currently available subscription options including combination packages.

FAQ

Q: When does a subscription start? Can it be purchased now but used later? What if I purchase a combination package consisting of multiple courses?
A: All subscriptions go into effect from the date/time it is activated and not the date/time of setup/purchase. This process of activating a subscription after purchase allows you flexibility of starting a subscription when you are truly ready to utilize it. If your initial purchase consists of multiple courses (qbank, self-assessment exam form, CCS), you need to activate each of them individually via your account on our website.

Q: Is there a guest account or trial option to test the product prior to purchase?
A: We do not offer guest/trial accounts to test our product(s). However, you can view a demo of our software from each of the product pages. You will need to have Adobe Flash installed on your system to view the demo.

Q: Is the software accessible via mobile device (Android powered phone, Blackberry, iPhone, etc.)?
A: Mobile devices lack the necessary resolution of 1024x768 pixels, hence our services cannot be used from any mobile (or) other hand-held devices. It is recommended you consult system requirements to use our offerings via http://www.usmleworld.com/system_requirements.aspx page.

Q: How often is the content updated?
A: All of our qbanks have a finite set of questions and we routinely review and update them based on new research, changes in diagnostic and patient management practices. Question containing older or non-relevant material are replaced with updated question content. Once a new question is added or an existing question is updated, it is automatically made available to all users with an active subscription to that particular course (regardless of their course subscription duration).
- Content for Step 1 does not change that often as it is based on core scientific principals
- Content for Step 2 is added and/or changed based on new diagnostic procedure and medical research (this occurs quite frequently)
- Content for Step 3 is also changed based on new protocols in patient management (not as frequently as Step 2)

Q: Does USMLEWorld offer any discounts?
A: Unfortunately, we do not offer discounts to individual subscribers for purchase of a new subscription. To inquire more about group discounts, please contact us (via http://www.usmleworld.com/contact_us.aspx page) with:
- Number of users in the group
- Desired subscription package(s) (from those outlined on http://www.usmleworld.com/purchase.aspx page)
- Contact telephone and available timings

Reference URL's
- View a non-interactive demo of qbank/CCS Interactive software: http://www.usmleworld.com/Step3/step3_demo.aspx
- Recent subscriber feedback: http://www.usmleworld.com/Step3/step3_testimonials.aspx
- System requirements: http://www.usmleworld.com/system_requirements.aspx
- Answers to a majority of general/technical queries: http://www.usmleworld.com/help.aspx

We will be giving away one 'Step 3 Qbank 60-day Membership' to two members. Winners for each raffle will be drawn by forum administrator from among the members who meaningfully contribute to the thread (ask questions, respond to other member questions, share their usage experience, etc.).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is USmelWorld still updating their Step 3 databank on a regular basis? How close does the case scenario section emulate the software seen on the actual step 3 exam?

Is USmelWorld still updating their Step 3 databank on a regular basis? How close does the case scenario section emulate the software seen on the actual step 3 exam?

Building upon ZEDX's question, how many questions are available in each of the two products, and how many questions are added monthly/quarterly?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've used USMLEworld for Step 1 and 2 CK. I thought the user interface was identical to the actual exam and would expect the Step 3 interface to be no different. I thought the question banks for those two exams were very useful and simulated the difficulty of the actual exams well. I look forward to using USMLEworld for Step 3 as well.

Undoubtedly the best study tool I used for Step 2. Will be using it again for Step 3.

how closely does the software correlate with real questions on the boards?

How much time should I budget for completing all 52 cases?

how accurate is the self assessment to actual usmle scores? i found that with step 1 & 2, usmleworld underestimated my actual scores by 20-30 points respectively.

As outlined on our original post, we update questions for all of our qbanks on a regular basis. We do not have a regular schedule as that would require us to rush through some changes just to meet certain deadlines. Additionally, it is recommend you take a look at the software demo via the links provided to see how the software looks and performs (as it mimics the FRED interface for MCQ exam and Primum interface for CCS interactive exam).

The self-assessment scores are an estimate based on other users performance in our self-assessment exam and users typically do not share their exact score after the test for us to generate any direct correlation with the data. Based on the feedback we received from prior subscribers, their score was accurate within 10 points within 7 days of taking our self-assessment exam. This gap increased as their test date was further away from them taking our self-assessment exam.

Our interactive CCS cases are designed to test users on the most common type of CCS scenarios presented in the exam. As for the time recommendation for them, it strictly depends on each subscribers unique study schedule and preference.

I also loved USMLE World for Steps 1 and 2. I'm glad that you're offering both MCQ and CCS for Step 3.

In terms of your group discounts, how large of a group is generally needed to get a discount? Seems like a good idea if your whole intern class is thinking of studying at the same time.

@diosa428: We offer discounts for Step 1 and Step 2 Qbanks for 3/6/12 months durations based on the volume. Minimum of 50 users must sign-up to qualify for any type of discount. The discounts will vary from 5% to 15% based on the volume of "guaranteed subscriptions" (50 to 500). Group discounts are not available for Step 3 subscription purchase.

@Cerberus: If you mean the qbank consists of challenging questions, concepts and identical interface as the actual exam then yes it most certainly does.

is uworld offering free raffles qbanks like kaplan is?

@doc20: It seems you misread or overlooked our original post where we stated
We will be giving away one 'Step 3 Qbank 60-day Membership' to two members. Winners for each raffle will be drawn by forum administrator from among the members who meaningfully contribute to the thread (ask questions, respond to other member questions, share their usage experience, etc.).

I prefer to purchase products from ethicaly responsible companies.

Could you possibly share Kaplan's environmental and social ethos with the users of this forum?

Many thanks

I'd used UWorld for Step 1 and wish I had used it for Step 2 as well. We seem to neglect (what I find) vital areas of medicine during COMLEX prep and I think it will behoove me to use UWorld for Step3 and during prep for my residency exams.

I was wondering if USMLEWorld would be helpful for COMLEX 3? Does anyone have any experience using this qbank for comlex 3?

how accurate is the self assessment to actual usmle scores? i found that with step 1 & 2, usmleworld underestimated my actual scores by 20-30 points respectively.

My best friend and I also scored 10-20 points higher on Step 2 than predicted by UW. I don't know how much UW contributed to the higher score though because I saw at least 2 questions from the assessment on the real thing :laugh:

With that said, NBME also sells exams to help gauge your USMLE score. You can always try both and let us know what you think.

logo.jpg

is there a time frame for this contest? was there a winner already?

Status
Not open for further replies.