USMLEWorld/Step I score correlation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpants

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how their percentages on USMLEWorld question blocks compared to their eventual Step I score?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i tried pasting the link but am not able to. try using this link and instead of stars in the following url type 'clinicalreview' with '.com'. hope it works

http://www.*******************/USMLECalculator.php

Likely no one knows, but do you think that score correlation means the person is getting 70% in the last 10 blocks is going to get a 251 or that the person that started off at 60% and is now hitting 80% is getting a 251? Likely the latter I'm assuming

Edit: the clinical review(dot)com website has what I was looking for. Thanks.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Likely no one knows, but do you think that score correlation means the person is getting 70% in the last 10 blocks is going to get a 251 or that the person that started off at 60% and is now hitting 80% is getting a 251? Likely the latter I'm assuming

your question seems to be a tricky one. i doubt if i have an answer to that. i am sorry:confused:

I'm guessing the data they used for their estimates was based on cumulative performance, but that still doesn't really answer the question. X% of the data could be people who did uworld from the beginning of studying and saw a big jump in their scores (low cumulative), while Y% of the data could be people who studied the subjects well before using uworld and started off with the same high scores (as people in the first group) from the start and didn't progress much (high cumulative). So it would be better to know not simply if the data are based off cumulative scores, but what the values of X and Y (and A= random or not, B=timed or not) are.

your question seems to be a tricky one. i doubt if i have an answer to that. i am sorry:confused:

Is there more of a basic chart anywhere that says given a certain percentile for one set of questions done in one sitting for the NBME or I guess one of these other things, what range that is for a USMLE score. In the clinical review, it only allows raw scores for NBME and for the ones that have percentiles it seems a little off-base, I thought 60-70% was needed just to pass and those ranges have that well over 200.

Is there more of a basic chart anywhere that says given a certain percentile for one set of questions done in one sitting for the NBME or I guess one of these other things, what range that is for a USMLE score. In the clinical review, it only allows raw scores for NBME and for the ones that have percentiles it seems a little off-base, I thought 60-70% was needed just to pass and those ranges have that well over 200.

The USMLEWorld Simulation Exams (1 and 2) provide some estimate for this. About 55% I would say is a 210.

People that score > 240 on the actual exam tend to be in the mid-70% range on random 48s. As you progress to 80% random 48 you are probably in the 250-260 range.

Uworld average: 58%
Step 1 score: 229

I finished most of it, but didn't use anything else... Well worth it.

BUMP

Just curious how its been looking for people this year :)

The formula is spot on. Just enter in your % score and see what happens. General consensus on here seems to be that >70% correct will be >245 on Step one, for most of the people that get there.

Hey, I think its hard to predict the correlation btw Uworld and your score because it depends on how much you've studied going into the questions. For example, I had a 64% on Uworld 1 1/2 mo into studying... but studied another month pretty intensely and ended up with 250.