USUHS physical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikeS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who interviewed on Oct 2 received the card for a physical in the mail yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you recieved a conditional acceptance yet? I think they don't do the physical until/unless you recieved a conditional acceptance.

P.S. how long did it take them to send you an invite to interview? And if they did accept you how long did that take?

no conditional acceptance yet. I'm hoping for one soon. Maybe they do wait on physicals until they make an offer. I got my interview offer from USUHS early in september (my secondary was in around mid-late august) so they are pretty fast.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my DoDMERB postcard about 2 weeks after my interview invite (early sept.) Since I interviewed on 9/25, I have a feeling they may have been getting backed up from the get-go. BTW, there is a huge lag time in some areas. In San Diego, I got scheduled on Oct. 30th.

The office is pretty nice to applicants. If you haven't gotten the little card from DoDMERB, I recommend calling the guy in charge of the getting your DoDMERB paperwork in order. The name escapes me, if you can't find his name, PM me.

Good luck, you had an early interview, I hope that is a VERY good sign. I'm supposed to find out my fate sometime this week. ARRGGH!!!

I emailed the admissions office and acceptance offers will be made "very soon.".

I interviewed on Oct. 2nd, but got the physical stuff before the interview. I suppose they're trying to expedite my rejection. Had the optical appt. the week before the interview, physical was a week after. I am almost positive they do not base any decisions on physicals on anything but interview status. In addition, a couple med students at USUHS advised us to get the physical done early, same with the admissions staff.

I got my info before the oct 2 interview also...I took the physical just last week and it was nothing (especially compared to HPSP). Can you walk....yes
Can you talk...yes
can you see...yes
ok piss in a cup and thank you

Did the physical include a thorough colorectal/prostate exam?:)

Just an external anal check. Seriously, spread my cheeks and said "Your OK there."

Originally posted by G0S2
Just an external anal check. Seriously, spread my cheeks and said "Your OK there."

But what about sphincter tone? What about prostate shape and size? What about polyps? What about the hemoccult???

You have to be kidding me. You're telling me that a quick check for anal fissures is enough to get someone into the military? What has this world come to?:rolleyes:

i must've missed out
i didn't even get to do that....oh well

but the hpsp physical physician did have that great privalege.
no fissures here

Seems like for that comprehensive an exam a date'd have to take me out to dinner or something first, maybe take me to a carnival, win me a prize...

Uh-huh!! All you people who interviewed early you will be ACCEPTED. Don't worry about it so much. Relax, you will make it:clap: :clap:

I remember doing that exam a few years back. Felt like the walk of shame coming out of that Doctors office. haha