UT Austin Pharmacy Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not yet! Hopefully we will start hearing in a few days.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got a call from the associate dean informing me that I got accepted!!!!

I'm in! Got a phone call this morning. Best way to wake up!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are these calls coming from the same number? If so, which number is it? That way I can put it in my contacts and run out of class if needed lol!

Around 10AM today. I heard some extra info about admissions meetings but I'll probably just post everything I know to that facebook page.

Around 10AM today. I heard some extra info about admissions meetings but I'll probably just post everything I know to that facebook page.
So It means that I am rejected, coz received no phone call!

Congratulations to all who got accepted!
Are they having another meeting tomorrow?

According to what they said during the interviews, they are having another meeting tomorrow.

I'd give it until next Wednesday, as they said they would be giving calls about one week from each meeting.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted. I'm curious if anyone that was accepted had a round 2 interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! Apparently all my hard work has paid off. I got a phone call late this morning from UT's School of Pharmacy. I couldn't answer because I was in a class, so they left a voice mail. It was a Congrat's, an invitation for Fall '15, and some info about a packet I am to receive in late Feb that will include further instructions on how to formally accept their offer. Honestly, I feel like I won the lottery. I am humbled and thrilled to be accepted at the #4 pharmacy school in the nation. Sending good luck to all those who haven't heard!

Reactions: 1 user
Hoping to hear back next week. Should I call if I don't hear back by next Wednesday?

Yes! Apparently all my hard work has paid off. I got a phone call late this morning from UT's School of Pharmacy. I couldn't answer because I was in a class, so they left a voice mail. It was a Congrat's, an invitation for Fall '15, and some info about a packet I am to receive in late Feb that will include further instructions on how to formally accept their offer. Honestly, I feel like I won the lottery. I am humbled and thrilled to be accepted at the #4 pharmacy school in the nation. Sending good luck to all those who haven't heard!
When was your interview date please? BTW Could you check your status in the website please?Mine says incomplete? here is the link https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/adm/mystatus/

So for people who have not yet heard, did you receive an email just now from Ann Spencer saying that your application is still under review? It says that I will be notified as soon as a decision has been made via email.. does that mean I'm waitlisted? I couldn't tell if that meant that they would review my application tomorrow or what.

Yeah I got that email as well! I wasn't sure what that meant either... I'm pretty sure if you're waitlisted that you'd be told that you're waitlisted.

Yeah I got that email as well! I wasn't sure what that meant either... I'm pretty sure if you're waitlisted that you'd be told that you're waitlisted.
Okay that makes me feel better lol.. I think I was just overthinking it. Good luck!

Good luck to you too! And don't worry, I've been nervous about it as well!

Got an e-mail saying they won't be able to offer me a position in the coming class. I'd like to know where I went wrong :( 90 comp pcat, 3.8 gpa/ 3.82 science 400+ volunteer hours, leadership, rec letter from a pharmacist, solid ps, third year undergrad... I don't know where I could have improved. Maybe the interview, though I can't imagine an hour interview having that much weight over years of work?

Not unless you said something kind of offsetting, or couldn't answer questions, or no eye contact, or bland answers. And those are good stats but doing undergrad at austin would help too.

Got an e-mail saying they won't be able to offer me a position in the coming class. I'd like to know where I went wrong :( 90 comp pcat, 3.8 gpa/ 3.82 science 400+ volunteer hours, leadership, rec letter from a pharmacist, solid ps, third year undergrad... I don't know where I could have improved. Maybe the interview, though I can't imagine an hour interview having that much weight over years of work?

Also, not having a bachelor's degree might be a factor. Even though they don't require a BA/BS, since the school is fairly competitive having a degree definitely helps.

I got a call that I was accepted this morning! Good luck to everyone who is getting their application reviewed tomorrow :)

Congrats to all those who got the acceptance call today. As for my fellow SDNers who are still waiting, we can only hope for the best and stay strong while we wait for our applications to be reviewed.

If I received an e-mail informing me that my application is still under review, and that they will notify me about their decision by e-mail as well, does that mean I was not accepted, since those students already accepted received a phone call, and not just an email?

If I received an e-mail informing me that my application is still under review, and that they will notify me about their decision by e-mail as well, does that mean I was not accepted, since those students already accepted received a phone call, and not just an email?
If you were not accepted you would have been sent a rejection e-mail. I believe the council is meeting again tomorrow, after which another round of acceptances/rejections will be sent out.

One more question: is the College of Pharmacy considering the winter academic update?

if i may ask, did you work as a tech?

One more question: is the College of Pharmacy considering the winter academic update?
Hey when I spoke to Dr. Wilcox he said he didn't plan on updating the GPAs. However, I'm sure it will be beneficial if you did well in the sciences.

When was your interview date please? BTW Could you check your status in the website please?Mine says incomplete? here is the link https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/adm/mystatus/
I interviewed on the 2nd Saturday of interviews (as opposed to the first Saturday). Sorry, I couldn't check my status on the website.
They are having the 2nd meeting today(2nd round of cuts), so by next week (mid weak-ish?) everyone should hear either way. I know the wait is killer. Hang in there!

Does anyone know if they're making calls today as well?
No they aren't.. :/As far as I understand, they will meet today and then tell us around next Tuesday. Kind of how they did for the first round, they met Wednesday, 2/11 and invited yesterday. I think they will tell us if we are wait listed or declined at that time, as well.

No they aren't.. :/As far as I understand, they will meet today and then tell us around next Tuesday. Kind of how they did for the first round, they met Wednesday, 2/11 and invited yesterday. I think they will tell us if we are wait listed or declined at that time, as well.

Okay! Thank you! Just wasn't sure!

Does anyone know how the admissions council decided which applications they were going to review first?... All of the students at my university that applied and interviewed received an invitation and I was the only one that didn't. Is it a randomized process?

Does anyone know how the admissions council decided which applications they were going to review first?... All of the students at my university that applied and interviewed received an invitation and I was the only one that didn't. Is it a randomized process?
I'm really not positive but I would think it has to do with PCAT and GPA or overall interview score? Or both? That's just my guess!

Is it possible that an application still in the review process also means students from the first round being waitlisted?

My status still says incomplete. They haven't send out an official offer yet so that's probably why.