UT Austin Pharmacy Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how the admissions council decided which applications they were going to review first?... All of the students at my university that applied and interviewed received an invitation and I was the only one that didn't. Is it a randomized process?
Hey I'm pretty sure it's based on your overall score which means your entire application & interview. They've only been through half of the candidates so don't lose hope!

I got a call that I was accepted this morning! Good luck to everyone who is getting their application reviewed tomorrow :)

Are you accepting the offer ? And is ut ur first choice ? Congrats

Members don't see this ad :)
But at the same time, if they were just deciding by overall score, wouldn't they just accept the entire first half and reject the entire second half? That makes me think it could either be based on pre-interview scores or random assignment.

Yeah I was thinking about that too but that's what they said when I called. In fact, the first time I called the person who I spoke with said she wasn't sure if she was allowed to disclose that information. Maybe they only called people they were certain about & left the ones they were unsure about to compare with the others. Or maybe they give out a higher percentage of offers during the first round? I'm not sure

i got accepted, but they say you have to respond back with yes or no by feb 24th, but you wouldn't have any financial aid information by then. how can you decide without that information?

i got accepted, but they say you have to respond back with yes or no by feb 24th, but you wouldn't have any financial aid information by then. how can you decide without that information?

I would call the pharmacy school and ask to speak with the financial aid office/an advisor-- they would best be able to guide you about that.

Last edited:
I would call the pharmacy school and ask to speak with the financial aid office/an advisor-- they would best be able to guide you about that.
Would you mind sharing you stats plz?

Yeah I was thinking about that too but that's what they said when I called. In fact, the first time I called the person who I spoke with said she wasn't sure if she was allowed to disclose that information. Maybe they only called people they were certain about & left the ones they were unsure about to compare with the others. Or maybe they give out a higher percentage of offers during the first round? I'm not sure

Did they tell you that when they called you? I thought they said we will receive more information on the 28th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted on Tuesday (2/17)! Got a phone call around 8 am.

Reactions: 1 user
Darius, you need to relax. It is what it is. We just have to wait until probably Tuesday to find out. Don't stress about it too much. If you look on last year's thread, there were plenty of people who got in during the second round. Stressing too much is not going to help you in any regard. We can only hope for the best now.

Reactions: 1 users
Darius, you need to relax. It is what it is. We just have to wait until probably Tuesday to find out. Don't stress about it too much. If you look on last year's thread, there were plenty of people who got in during the second round. Stressing too much is not going to help you in any regard. We can only hope for the best now.
Thank you very much, and thank you for helping me calm down, but you know how stressful is waiting!!!

Congrats, Would you mind sharing your stats plz?
Yes--3.3 cgpa, 3.3 sgpa, 93 pcat
research experience & work experience (as an er scribe)
lors from professors + the doctor i worked with

Just got a followup email inviting me to the college. Asks for a reply within a week.

I got in as well :) I guess I'll be seeing most of you in August!!!!

3.95 GPA, 4.0 science GPA, 89 composite PCAT, BA from Northeastern University in psychology. I worked as a social worker for 8 years before making a career change. I've been working full time as a tech since October and have over 1000 volunteer hours. I've been working my butt off to get into pharmacy school!

I have a question for you guys. I'm sure you've noticed the posts on this forum about the saturation in this field and how things are only going to get worse. Since most UT Austin pharmacy students have really good GPAs what makes you guys pursue pharmacy instead of medicine? I'm sure most of you could get in if you tried. I ask because I have also gotten into pharmacy school and I too have good grades and I was sooo happy about starting pharmacy school until I started reading all of the doom and gloom on the pharmacy sub-forum. It's making me feel like I'm making the wrong decision. And I desperately want someone to say something to just make me feel okay.

I have a question for you guys. I'm sure you've noticed the posts on this forum about the saturation in this field and how things are only going to get worse. Since most UT Austin pharmacy students have really good GPAs what makes you guys pursue pharmacy instead of medicine? I'm sure most of you could get in if you tried. I ask because I have also gotten into pharmacy school and I too have good grades and I was sooo happy about starting pharmacy school until I started reading all of the doom and gloom on the pharmacy sub-forum. It's making me feel like I'm making the wrong decision. And I desperately want someone to say something to just make me feel okay.

I'm sure I'd have no problem getting into med school somewhere, but being a physician isn't something that interests me. I've been a pharmacy tech for 4 years now and love my job. Sure, working retail can be very stressful, and thankless at times, but overall I enjoy what I do. Sure, I could make a lot more money as a doctor, a dentist or an engineer, but why would I want to spend most of my waking hours being miserable? I'm going into pharmacy because I love the profession, not because of the salary. Monetarily speaking, all I want is enough money where I can afford to buy a modest home, be able to provide for my family and take the occasional vacation.

I feel the same way that you do. Starting pharmacy school terrifies me because I'm afraid of amassing a ton of student loan debt, and not being able to find work after. I'm especially terrified since I'm almost 30, and this is my second career. I feel like I've already failed once, I really can't afford to do it again. I think having some fear is healthy, and will help you make good decisions during school. One of the reasons why I've decided to choose UT for pharmacy school is that not only is it a top-notch program, but it's one of the most economical. Even though I will be paying out-of-state fees for the first year, in the long run I will be taking out significantly less in student loans by moving to Austin, then I would staying in my home state, California, since not only is the tuition cheaper, but the cost of living is significantly lower. My husband and I plan on living very thriftily and avoid using student loans to pay for living expenses. Lately, we've been staying at home and cooking rather than going out to eat, which will help us get used to living a frugal life style, in addition to saving money now for moving and for school. I also plan on trying to work a little bit during school, maybe 8 hours a week or so, which will not only help pay for living expenses, but will give me a chance to network. I feel like if I get my foot in the door early, I will have a much greater chance of finding a job when I've finished. It doesn't matter what field you work in, it's not what you know, it's who you know that counts. I'm also planning on networking like crazy during school and attending as many functions and national conferences I possibly can. I'm not expecting to be handed a job upon graduation, so I plan on working my butt off to make myself the best candidate possible.

Reactions: 4 users
Just curious if anyone has received a call or email yet. I have a high deposit for another school that I would like to avoid paying

UT has a solid record of letting people know on Tuesdays... So I would guess that we will find out tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't think the online application status thing means much because I got an invitation to join UT COP for Fall 2015 entry. I emailed my acceptance & they wrote back w/ a warm welcome & confirmation of my acceptance. Out of curiosity, I logged into the UTDirect link just to see my application status. Mine still says incomplete. It probably says that because I haven't submitted payment for them to hold my spot. I don't know how much yet or where to submit it, but I have heard it's around $300 - $400. My best guess is that once they get that payment, it will change over to complete

if i'm not mistaken, we'll be emailed tomorrow right?

Just got a phone call getting accepted at 8AM!

I wonder how late calls will come in? I've heard of people getting calls at like 10:30, but I am still kinda starting to lose hope.

I wonder how late calls will come in? I've heard of people getting calls at like 10:30, but I am still kinda starting to lose hope.

Lost my hope already. I'm going to accept the acceptance from another school.

I am as well. But not going to stress.. I'm already into amazing schools and not even sure that UT is where I want to go. Just kind of annoyed that I will most likely be rejected on my 22 Birthday lol:thumbdown:

And I agree.. it seems like they did calls until about 10:30 last time!

When would they send the rejection e-mails though..?
Ah this is so stressful.

Darn.. No call yet. Well I guess there's only a little bit of time left for then to make calls

OMG!!! I just got a call! I'm literally crying.

Reactions: 3 users
They didn't say anything about that actually... I think they still have more calls to make for sure!

The call came at 10:24 central time from an unknown caller.

Should I call them and ask? I need to know pretty much now since I have to pay the other deposit

Not sure, but it was stated during my phone call that they will send out official emails in the afternoon. So maybe till lunch time?