Program-Specific Info / Q's UT Chattanooga

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BernerMomOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to UT Chattanooga's OTD program? I'm interested to know what the stats/acceptance experience has been with them. Obviously, since they are new, there has not been anything published officially. I am really set on going there--Chattanooga is a beautiful city and in-state tuition would be such a relief!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied and got accepted today. I just graduated in December from UTC with my undergrad so I'm close to the program and I can tell you that the professors on board are very competent. Also, they accepted 4 people last year that are carrying over to this year, so the applicant pool is down to 20. Good luck and if you have any questions, I might be able to answer them!

If you don't mind me asking, what did your credentials look like when you applied? I'm trying to get an idea of what experience, volunteer work, etc. UTC is looking for in candidates.

My overall GPA was 3.46 (OTCAS 3.38)
Last 50 hr GPA was 3.7-ish
GRE: quant- 155; verbal- 151; writing- 4.5
Observation hours: 45 inpatient & 15 in school/special population setting

So my stats weren't awesome, but I think my references really helped. They aren't doing interviews but they have an essay on the supplemental application.
Hope that helps!