UT-Dallas's Cognition & Neuroscience Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

derekream

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently offered admissions into the M.S. in Cognition & Neuroscience program for Fall 2013 at The University of Texas at Dallas. My overall view is, it looks fantastic. I will be focusing on the cognitive-neuro track as opposed to the other ones that they offer (human-computer interaction/AI, Neuroimaging and diagnostics, etc.). UTD is unique in the sense that they don't have a psychology or a neuroscience department, however, audiology, cognition-neuroscience, psychology, speech-language pathology are all housed in the School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences. I am extremely excited about this program, I will get to take many neuroscience and cognitive psychology and cognitive science courses as well as psychology courses.

My end goal is to become a Ph.D. psychologist, and with the emails that I have received back from program heads at UT-Austin, University of Houston, Texas Woman's University and even University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, this master's degree would make one very attractive for doctoral studies in clinical or counseling psychology.

Anyone else have any insight into this program?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey, sorry I can't provide an answer to your question but I was wondering if I could contact you personally about entering an MS program in cognitive neuroscience with a political science/public policy background. You were at least studying psychology during undergrad, so not coming from as far in the left field as I am, but I would really appreciate any advice from your experiences anyway. Thanks!