UT Houston and San Antonio help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wiley123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDN community,
I have been on this site everyday since mid July, when my applications were complete, trying to stay sane during this stressful process. I have had a few interviews (I hope went well), but havent received any response from my two of my top three choices, and I wanted some feedback about whether y'all thought I might still have a good chance. I am a Texas resident, and didnt submit my tmdsas app until mid July, which is really late since TMDSAS opens May 1st and closes October 1st. I have had an interview at Baylor, but haven't heard a word from either UT Houston or UT San Antonio, other than confirming that they received my application. My stats are as follows: oGPA 3.78, sGPA 3.67 DAT (AA/ TS/PAT/QR) 22/22/20/19. I am also a Nutritional Sciences major and a white male.

Members don't see this ad.

Mid July isn't any near late.

This year it seems like the forums are very quiet about the Texas schools. I would just sit tight, your stats are good. A post-Dec interview isn't the end of the world.

My stats were very similar to yours. I got a baylor interview first and then the other two finally invited me later on.

The interviews will come.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey SDN community,
I have been on this site everyday since mid July, when my applications were complete, trying to stay sane during this stressful process. I have had a few interviews (I hope went well), but havent received any response from my two of my top three choices, and I wanted some feedback about whether y'all thought I might still have a good chance. I am a Texas resident, and didnt submit my tmdsas app until mid July, which is really late since TMDSAS opens May 1st and closes October 1st. I have had an interview at Baylor, but haven't heard a word from either UT Houston or UT San Antonio, other than confirming that they received my application. My stats are as follows: oGPA 3.78, sGPA 3.67 DAT (AA/ TS/PAT/QR) 22/22/20/19. I am also a Nutritional Sciences major and a white male.

We are on the same boat.

My stats were very similar to yours. I got a baylor interview first and then the other two finally invited me later on.

The interviews will come.
Im glad to hear it, did that happen this cycle or last?

According to ADEA averages of those accepted:

San Antonio: 3.5 Sci, 3.6 overall, 20AA, 19PAT, 19TS
Houston: 3.6 Sci, 3.7 overall, 19.6AA, 19.7PAT, 19.5TS

I'd expect you to receive interviews from these schools with your stats.

Im glad to hear it, did that happen this cycle or last?

Last cycle.

I was very late getting my application in (end of August). The baylor interview came around early October and my Houston one came early or mid November. San Antonio interview came after December 2nd.