UT Shelf Videos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beta Cell

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any alternative links to the shelf review videos posted on the UT website by Emma Ramahi (http://som.uthscsa.edu/StudentAffairs/thirdyear.asp)? I used them for Internal Medicine and Psychiatry and really enjoyed them, but they haven't been working for some time now.

Members don't see this ad.

@JoshSt, I'm pretty sure that the parenthese and the question mark were grammatical and not included in the web address...

This might be more helpful: when I tried to open any of the videos from that website in SAFARI, they would just say 'waiting,' or something along those lines, and never open. But someone told me to use CHROME instead, and now they work wonderfully. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
@JoshSt, I'm pretty sure that the parenthese and the question mark were grammatical and not included in the web address...

This might be more helpful: when I tried to open any of the videos from that website in SAFARI, they would just say 'waiting,' or something along those lines, and never open. But someone told me to use CHROME instead, and now they work wonderfully. Hope this helps!
Lol, I should read more carefully. I was clicking on the post's hyperlink and not realizing it in context of the sentence. FWIW the website works in safari for me.

The link you gave works if you delete the last two characters """)?""". Enjoy.
http://som.uthscsa.edu/StudentAffairs/thirdyear.asp

Actually they were included in the web address if you click on it. JoshSt is correct. Remove the ")?" and it works.

how are these videos for shelf studying? high yield to go through day before exam?

how are these videos for shelf studying? high yield to go through day before exam?
They're awesome, watch them for every clerkship that's applicable. Would watch a little sooner than the day before but day before is good too.

Reactions: 1 user
These are good videos, But I hate to bump this thread....

I think for Psychiatry...she makes a mistake. Fluoxetine has a metabolite with a long half life,,,thats why we don't need to taper it usually....she said short half life

how good are these videos for step 2 exam? I know she does not have ob/gyn videos thou...

These videos are now password protected. Has anyone downloaded them and care to share??

Reactions: 1 users
The only one I can find so far is this:

It's High Yield Internal Medicine by her. I saved it to my desktop using VLC just in case it gets taken down.

Reactions: 1 users