UT Southwestern ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyehope

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone want to comment on the program at UT Southwestern? I am especially curious about the atmosphere of the program (considering some less than positive comments I have heard on the interview trail). Feel free to send me a private message......

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by eyehope
Does anyone want to comment on the program at UT Southwestern? I am especially curious about the atmosphere of the program (considering some less than positive comments I have heard on the interview trail). Feel free to send me a private message......

Thanks.

I think that UT Southwestern is a strong program, and residents get great surgical experience.

Be ready to be:

1) independent
2) learn to speak Espanol
3) prepare to tackle busy clinic schedules at the County Hospital

I really liked this program when I interviewed. The facilities were top top notch (read the thread "how was your interview") All the residents were friendly to each other as far as I could see, the many that I talked to never mentioned any "atmosphere" problems. With 8 residents a year, you are bound to get along with some people more than others.