UT Tyler - Ben and Maytee Fisch College of Pharmacy C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh ok so I might see u there at UT... Waiting for MWU admission email

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received the official email yet? Only received phone call and mail on acceptance, still waiting on the next steps

Lol I haven't received interview invite yet... I applied on the 12th

Members don't see this ad :)
The campus has been closed/delayed alot this week due to winter weather. Was reading the local news for that area and have seen half and inch of sleet and quarter inch of ice on Monday with today getting 3 inches of snow. Imagine by Friday will get the email asking for decision.

Oh man, snow? Haven't seen snow from where I'm from (Houston) haha

Reactions: 1 user
Yay been invited for an interview on sat March 7!! Can anyone tell me about the interview?!? Thanks :p

Has anyone received the official email yet? Only received phone call and mail on acceptance, still waiting on the next steps
could you share what activities did you do during interview plz?

I just received an interview invite for Saturday .. A phone call

Lol yes let's pray .... I'm thinking of driving there instead ...

So the deposit due date for those accepted is March 16. I can log into my email, but I can't seem to log on into my portal. The IT system is trying to figure out whats wrong. I hope they postpone the due date.

Last edited:
Also, I want to live on campus! I called in and the closes dorm to the pharmacy building is the Patriots Village. Does any female want a roommate? Let me know!!

They received my application the 27th of February, so I am waiting to hopefully hear back! Good luck to you all :happy:

Members don't see this ad :)
So the deposit due date for those accepted is March 16. I can log into my email, but I can't seem to log on into my portal. The IT system is trying to figure out whats wrong. I hope they postpone the due date.

They already gave you the logins? I emailed my acceptance letter two days ago and waiting for the next steps

But you said just a few posts above you were going to give up your seat lol...anyways, yes if you have a ID number(was on one of the attachments) you can activate your email and myUTTyler. Click on the Pharm.D. Students link on the main Pharmacy webpage and you'll see they have added instructional PDF's

oh no, i'm giving up my seat at Midwestern for UT Tyler.

the furthest I can go is only accessing email haha, they don't recognize my user/password when i try to log into myUTTyler.

Same here only email @kevinn490
Bet yes @tosbpw he's giving his seat up FOR UT-Tyler.
And I trust this school even though it's new because it's UT-branched. Hope to see everyone this fall!

@tosbpw Same here! I heard talks about them setting us rooms specially for us pharmacy students. I called housing and they said "not that I know of" but of course they wouldn't know since they're just housing and isn't updated with the whole pharmacy department.

Will be driving today from South Florida to Tyler for my interview, hope I get in, I mean hope we get in.......

Lol will do...Thanks,I was going to come up there with my Florida weather clothes only..

Last edited:
@PharmD_Zoe wow all the way from South Florida is a far drive! Good luck and I hope the long drive will be worth it in the end! Did you apply to FSU or FAMU as well? Or you just LOVEEE Texas? Hehe :)

@tosbpw I know! snow/ice all over again! They closed it the other week and it was just pretty weather a few days ago and back to icy weather. #texasweather lol

FSU does not have Pharmacy school and I didn't apply to Famu because I want to experience something different ( Born & raised in Haiti same weather as Florida) I went to USF and they also have a Pharmacy school but chose not to apply there because I hated the location, but I love the school-Go Bulls... Hopefully I get in and be part of History .... If I get in I will be living on campus for the first semester ....

@PharmD_Zoe Wait, I'm confused. You didn't apply to USF but hope you get in and be part of history. Or hope you get into UT-Tyler?

I didn't apply to my former school ( USF) ..I just apply to one school in FL which is Nova for back up

The school is beautiful and love the location so far... The Faculty members are very nice so far , Good luck Tomorrow

@tosbpw Really helpful information! Thanks! Are you planning on staying at Eagle's?

Glad spring break is over for UT at Tyler ,the waiting game isn't a joke...

I got accepted into Xavier college of pharmacy louisiana and Ut tyler, but will probably be giving up my seat at UT. I fell in love with UT tho but feel like an accredited school is better. Good luck everyone

@moi meme There's no such thing as a non-accredited school. UT-Tyler is in the process of getting its "pre-accreditation" status. When the school has at least a "pre-candidate" status, it is considered accredited, just not fully accredited. After about a year, they'll be continuing onto its "candidate" status. Graduates of new pharmacy schools that have candidate status have the same rights and privileges as graduates of fully accredited schools, and can sit for the state law exams along with NAPLEX. After their first batch of graduates, they'll be considered "fully accredited".

I myself interviewed in October and accepted to Xavier early November, and deposited my $500, but will most likely be giving up my seat for UT-Tyler since it's UT-branched. I've asked Dr. Snella over and over again because I was worried and stressed. Their "pre-candidate" status will happen around June. I would not doubt the UT-system one bit. Plus, it's a much more calm and safer area than NOLA. I will still hold onto my Xavier seat until UT-Tyler gets their pre-candidate status. I still have that Health Ethics and Theology course in Summer II if something goes wrong with the UT accreditation process.

UNT in Dallas is a fairly new program and their first class was FALL 2013. They went through the same thing with pre-candidate and is now candidate status. They'll be fully accredited in 2 years after their first batch. Here's a link to UNT's accreditation process for an example: http://web.unthsc.edu/info/20007/un...ss_for_the_unt_system_college_of_pharmacy_scp

In summary: every single pharmacy school went through the whole accreditation process. Matriculation will start AFTER the school is granted its pre-candidate status. If the school matriculates BEFORE, then we cannot sit for boards, and the whole 4 years of studying will be a waste, which no school will do such thing. NO WORRIES. Hope everything goes well for you.

Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted in February to Tyler but was accepted to xavier in November

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you unicorn90, I appreciate your help but I'm just trying to compare the two schools and chose which is better for me. UT is a great school that I know but why pick UT over xavier .

@moi meme No problem, just to clarify the whole accreditation process, just incase others in this thread are worried. Not to sound rude & disrespectful but I'm confused. You asked "why pick UT over Xavier" yet you already got accepted to Xavier, your preferred school, then why even apply to Tyler in the first place? Applications for UT-Tyler wasn't up until after your acceptance to Xavier.

Edit: My apologies, I just reread your reply and you said you wanted to compare the two schools.

Don't know if it was just my letter but would like to FYI--and this should be fixed on future letters----make sure that if you send back the yea or nay paper by email that the address has an "s" on the end. I typed it in like the letter said which was missing that "s" they didn't get it and the email servers didn't bounce it back as non deliverable so I thought I was good to go when it really wasn't.

Haha the same exact thing happened to me lol, Dr. Snella had to email me to see if I was accepting or not. I thought it went through because there was no failure to send reply

can't wait to find out if we get in or not. March 7 interviewees, keep those fingers crossed :)

Yeah , hope we find out Monday because I do not want to have a bad Birthday.....

I just called them now, Ms Amanda said they are meeting tomorrow and hopefully this week we find out...

Last edited:
Thanks for the update . Been waiting the whole day

They still haven't gotten back to us regarding IT department problems and us activating our UT Tyler accounts. I'm getting kinda worried about the deposit for our seats.

congrats guy! I have been on such an emotional roller coaster today! When they were trying to call me, I was talking to my pharmacy bout a customer problem. I thought i was denied, so I cried like a baby! Had go gather my nerve to call them to find out I've been accepted as well woohoo !!!!

Do you guys have an acceptance Facebook's page?

I have an interview this weekend..can you guys give me a run down of the interview day please. what type of questions they ask and how long the whole interview day takes ...thanks a lot and congrats to those who got accepted!

for the people getting accepted, what were your pcat and gpas if you don't mind me asking?

Now I can celebrate my Bd, couldn't done it yesterday .... .... So Good luck everyone on Saturday , just be yourself