About the ads

Utah Neurology?

Discussion in 'Neurology' started by kerimwedding, Jul 17, 2004.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. kerimwedding

kerimwedding Member

SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Has anyone heard anything about the neurology program at the University of Utah? (e.g. value of clinical experience, pt volume, diversity of cases, Mormon issues?)

Any insights from medical students, previous applicants, or residents would be appreciated.

Thanks
  2. bosky

bosky Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    A friend of mine did his neurology residency there and got a very prestigious fellowship afterwards. He liked SLC a lot - great skiing and other outdoor opportunities within 30 minutes of the city! He also seemed pretty happy with the program. The only other distinct thing I remember him remarking was that they saw a seemingly disproportionate number of conversion disorders!

I visited and really liked the location myself. Personally I don't know of the faculty there, but I do know they have Anne Osborn (neuroradiologist) who is known to be an outstanding teacher - my friend said she was readily available to residents and often there on the weekends.
  3. kerimwedding

kerimwedding Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
    What "presitigous" fellowship did your friend achieve?

Thanks
  4. mudphud_2_be

mudphud_2_be New Member

I think the real question about Mormon issues is: do you have a Mormon issue? If you do, you probably wouldn't like it there.