Uthscsa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indiadent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
applicants to texas, san antonio are welcome to share their ideas here..
I just received an application complete email today..anybody else?

Members don't see this ad.

applicants to texas, san antonio are welcome to share their ideas here..
I just received an application complete email today..anybody else?

I had received it 4 weeks ago.!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you all send the sealed transcripts directly from your respective dental schools ? I need to ask somebody from India for me to do it, not sure how long that would take. please advice.

Did you all send the sealed transcripts directly from your respective dental schools ? I need to ask somebody from India for me to do it, not sure how long that would take. please advice.
No, I sent sealed transcripts myself. Prior to sending I emailed them to check if I can do this way and they confirmed in yes.

I received application completion email last week.

I got application complete email 3 days ago..

I got under app review mail a month back. Uthscsa starts calling for interviews in 1st week of october.

I am still working on the application procedure of UTHSCSA. Its been asked to write an essay on:
STATEMENT OF DENTAL Education EXPERIENCES, Recent DENTAL RELATED ACTIVITIES,AND PROFESSIONAL GOALS.

However, I am quite confused about the statement "DENTAL Education EXPERIENCES"... Do I have to write about my interest of the subject during my BDS study or else is it about the dental clinical experiences?

Please help me by clarifying my doubt, your ideas and advice mean a lot to me at this critical hour!

I am still working on the application procedure of UTHSCSA. Its been asked to write an essay on:
STATEMENT OF DENTAL Education EXPERIENCES, Recent DENTAL RELATED ACTIVITIES,AND PROFESSIONAL GOALS.

However, I am quite confused about the statement "DENTAL Education EXPERIENCES"... Do I have to write about my interest of the subject during my BDS study or else is it about the dental clinical experiences?

Please help me by clarifying my doubt, your ideas and advice mean a lot to me at this critical hour!

For Dental Education Experiences - you may want to write about - Clinical cases, research experience, papers, seminars, community service experience etc during school.

For Dental Education Experiences - you may want to write about - Clinical cases, research experience, papers, seminars, community service experience etc during school.

Thank you very much for the info. I appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Today i got the application complete email from UTHSCSA
any ideas about their bench exam requirements???

Hey Guys, any news from San antonio?

Hello All,

I have a question re UTHSCSA. For the bench test/interview, are the candidates given essay questions on clinical dentistry? If yes, what excatly do they ask.

Thanks

Don,t worry..they will send you complete package what all to expect regarding interview and bench exam when you get the call..They are very good at that and give due attention to all canditates called for interview........reason is they call small batches of max 8 students and interview process goes for two days.

Hello All,

I have a question re UTHSCSA. For the bench test/interview, are the candidates given essay questions on clinical dentistry? If yes, what excatly do they ask.

Thanks

I applied to UTHSCSA last week and have got the completed application notice today. According to SDN members, I think the interview invitations will be sent in October, right?

I applied to UTHSCSA last week and have got the completed application notice today. According to SDN members, I think the interview invitations will be sent in October, right?
rite.. wait till october starts

I sent all documents to the college,,,,and they are recieved but my TOEFL part 1,2 score reports,,,,sill in processing , I guess that the application deadline is 10/31...so how the interview invitations will be sent in the begining of Oct,,,,,Thanks

I sent all documents to the college,,,,and they are recieved but my TOEFL part 1,2 score reports,,,,sill in processing , I guess that the application deadline is 10/31...so how the interview invitations will be sent in the begining of Oct,,,,,Thanks
They have rolling admissions, interviews begin in 2nd or 3rd week of October

I am trying to fill out the application form,,but it appears not to be interactive,, what should i do? I can not type on the pdf file... and they ask to type the personal statement on the page provided,, how can i do that in this case? anybody else had the same problem?

I am trying to fill out the application form,,but it appears not to be interactive,, what should i do? I can not type on the pdf file... and they ask to type the personal statement on the page provided,, how can i do that in this case? anybody else had the same problem?
i printed the page and reprinted my statement on it

I created a similar page from Microsoft word:
Open a blank document in Microsoft Word -- Go to Page Layout tab on the top --> Select 'Page Borders' option located around the center of the menu icons --> This will open 'Border and shading' window --> on left hand side change setting from 'None' to 'Box' -- Click 'Ok'--> this will create a similar border for you --> now press CTRL+E (this will center indent the text) --> paste the following:
UTHSCSA Dental School IDEP Applicant's
STATEMENT OF DENTAL Education EXPERIENCES, Recent DENTAL RELATED ACTIVITIES,
AND PROFESSIONAL GOALS

Spaced to the end and then paste - (Space to paste your SOP text)

Printed Name of Applicant ________________________________________
Signature ________________________________ Date ________________

I hope this helps!
If not, message me your email id.

What is the procedure for re-applicants? My application has been completed for 2011 program. I haven't got any interview. I am trying to apply for IDEP all over again. I greatly appreciate any re-applicants who could guide me in this process?

What is the procedure for re-applicants? My application has been completed for 2011 program. I haven't got any interview. I am trying to apply for IDEP all over again. I greatly appreciate any re-applicants who could guide me in this process?[/QUO
application is valid for 2 years .All you need to send is the application form and the application fee ..also if you have done any update for toefl or nbde scores you will need to send updated copies of ypur scores.I suggest you contact the school by email.they usually reply emails.Hope that will help:)

Thanks Noradent 007. I have already sent an email to the admissions incharge. I am awaiting for the reply. I just want to find out asap, so that I can get any documents from my home country if needed.

If so I am relaxed, as I dont need to get all the documents all over again. :cool:

R u a reapplicant also. I was not able to see all this info in the website. Might be I would have missed them.

Last edited:
Thanks Noradent 007. I have already sent an email to the admissions incharge. I am awaiting for the reply. I just want to find out asap, so that I can get any documents from my home country if needed.

If so I am relaxed, as I dont need to get all the documents all over again. :cool:

R u a reapplicant also. I was not able to see all this info in the website. Might be I would have missed them.
Yes Iam a reapplicant ..Good luck for everybody!

Hey Guys! How can you know if your application is completed? I send my application last month and haven't received any email telling me my application is completed. I called the number on the website and just be told to leave a message. I also send an email to [email protected]. Is it the right email address I should connect? Thank you very much!!!

Hey Guys! How can you know if your application is completed? I send my application last month and haven't received any email telling me my application is completed. I called the number on the website and just be told to leave a message. I also send an email to [email protected]. Is it the right email address I should connect? Thank you very much!!!
Hey, as soon as your application has been received and it was completed, you should receive an e-mail from them. It might be possible that your application has not be completed, missing document or sth. I'm not sure, but in my case, I sent the application via priority mail, it was received on Friday by the office and I received the application completion e-mail on Monday. Hope it helps you.

Actually,same thing had happened with me.They dont contact you if something is missing.you need to call them and then they will tell if something is missing in your applcation packet and as soon as they receive it,they will send you an e-mail to confirm that your application is complete.

I just got an interview invite at UTEX for 20 and 21 oct! (FML:confused:)

Hi...congratulations...Did you get through email..?

can u plz discuss your stats? thanks!!

is anyone preparing for the uthscsa interview and skills test in Dallas??? for interview in the third week of oct 2011??

hey so did I :) whereabout are u??? I'm actually ecxited and stressed at the same time!!! any clues on how to prepare for the interview??!!

Hi guyz,,,,,,got one.....is there any information about the interview..and how to prepare ourselves for the skills test...what about the dallas course any information?

Hey friends,are you getting phone calls for interview invites,nothing in e-mail.Please reply somebody.
Thanks

I think all invites were by phone.

Is anyone here who has got the interview from UOP and UTHSCSA both? Should we cancel the UTHSCSA? UOP (19-22 Oct.) Texas (20-21).!!!

Can they reschedule the IV for you?

Is anyone here who has got the interview from UOP and UTHSCSA both? Should we cancel the UTHSCSA? UOP (19-22 Oct.) Texas (20-21).!!!

Can they reschedule the IV for you?
I am not sure; I think they can. According to the website: "The 2-day sessions are conducted from late October until mid-December each year." But UOP interview date is just 19-22.