UVM Post Bacc 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hoosier1228

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else starting the program this summer or applied and waiting to hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm starting this summer as well! Visiting in a couple weeks to check out Burlington.

Members don't see this ad :)
Starting this summer also! Are most doing the 1 or 2 year track?

I'm starting this summer and doing the 1 year track. Still looking for a place and roommates though!

Same! Anyone have any idea where generally-ish are good spots to live? I'm going up there this week.

Do you guys mind sharing your stats?

Also how long was the turnaround time for the app once all materials were received? Thanks!

Just got accepted today! Totally stoked!

As far as stats I'm a paramedic coming straight out of undergrad with a 3.5 uGPA and only 1 real science course. I do a lot of volunteer work and have been on a few out of country med missions too which I think helped my app out quite a bit. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Hi,

I was also accepted into the UVM post-bac program starting in the fall. Are there any current students here looking to shed some light on the program at all, by any chance?

Does anyone know the acceptance rate or have some understanding of the class profile beyond GPA? also how important are medically related EC's?

Hey everyone, I'm starting this summer. I know there's the orientation picnic, but I was also thinking about hosting a kickoff get-together or bonfire or something. Would any fellow SDN lurker UVM post-bacs like to help plan it?

Update -- unfortunately, I won't be heading to Vermont this summer after all :( It was a tough decision, but I ended up choosing Johns Hopkins instead. I think @Hoosier1228 is down to get people together though - you guys should all hit him up!!

Hi,

I was accepted into the UVM post-bac "advanced" program starting in the fall 2015, since I already completed my basic science classes in undergrad. Can you please shed some light on the program at all, by any chance?

Thanks