UVM vs. GW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pbnj89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys where would you chose between GW and UVM?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

UVM without question. better program. cheaper. and honestly GW administration is HORRIBLE. I wouldn't go to GW simply because of the administration.

Did you really visit GW and UVM and not have a personal preference? Burlington and DC are about about as dissimilar as any two American cities you could mention, not to mention the differences in curricula between the two schools.
(FWIW, I'd choose UVM in a heartbeat.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea i just love the energy and opportunities in DC, but also love the nature and peacefulness in Vermont. Vermont's curriculum is cool and they have nice technology (COMET). But i think UVM is a little more expensive (OOS).

- Diverse patient population in DC compared to Burlington
- A greater number of clerkship opportunities in DC
- More research opportunities in DC
- UVM is extremely expensive for an OOS applicant
- There's a lot more to do in the DC area! Burlington is a cool city, but from a friend who has lived there for the past 4 years "it gets old after a while"

GW >>>> UVM

Really depends what you are looking for specifically. Both will give you an MD and a great education. I have also heard negative things about gw's administration though

Are you sure that GW is cheaper than UVM? Including the cost of living? I heard that DC has one of the highest cost of living, but hm...

- Diverse patient population in DC compared to Burlington
- A greater number of clerkship opportunities in DC
- More research opportunities in DC
- UVM is extremely expensive for an OOS applicant
- There's a lot more to do in the DC area! Burlington is a cool city, but from a friend who has lived there for the past 4 years "it gets old after a while"

GW >>>> UVM

-UVM now has access to 3 additional clinical sites--West Palm Beach, Florida; Danbury, CT; and Bangor, ME...each has its own unique patient population, but many of them are extremely diverse....plus outpatient clerkship experiences differ greatly within Vermont and at those additional sites

Status
Not open for further replies.