UW - Milwaukee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riceowl2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
**Hopefully I am not burying my own grave here! I am still on the "professor wait-list", waiting for a specific person to decline to a specific professor before my POI can make an offer to me. I hope this person isn't you!

Honestly, UWM is an EXCELLENT program. If an offer was made to me, I would accept immediately.

I'm finishing up my Ugrad at Marquette University in Milwaukee, and I can tell you that Milwaukee is an awesome place to live. I absolutely LOVE it here and will be terribly sad to leave. The summer time is especially notable. The lakefront is beautiful. The Third Ward, Brady Street, the music scene... The cheap cost of living (relative to Chicago), only being a short distance from Chicago. The diversity of the city.

Obviously I don't where you are moving from, but I can tell you Milwaukee is great and UWM's program is top notch. The only flaw is that it isn't more well known.

Please let me know if you have any more specific questions I could answer about the city.

Go for it---I lived 20 miles South of Milwaukee for two-years and absolutely loved the area. People are very friendly and social...not like Chicago and the Air Port is much easier to get into and out of. I was going to attend the Wisconsin School of Professional Psychology at that time in my life but my life situation changed and I left the area for Texas. Only drawback is the winters but they always keep the roads clean so you never have snow days.