Uworld correlations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medman88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the U world question bank is a learning tool and I have definitely been using it as such. My test, however, is coming up and I was wondering if anybody knows how well the grades you get on the 46 question sets correlate to the real score. I know there are some sites that have these correlations, so I was also wondering if those are any good

Members don't see this ad.

NBME's are a much better predictor IMO. Within 3 points for me. UWorld averages are all over the place compared to the real score.

:thumbup:

Take a NBME is best way, don't go by uworld %. Obviously the higher the better but if you really want to know where you stand take a NBME.

I keep reading everywhere that NBME's are nothing like the real thing, and that U world is a lot more similar to the real test. I took an NBME a few weeks back, and it is pretty much totally different then U world. Don't really want to waste 4 hours (esp since you can't go over them), with such little time left..

I keep reading everywhere that NBME's are nothing like the real thing, and that U world is a lot more similar to the real test. I took an NBME a few weeks back, and it is pretty much totally different then U world. Don't really want to waste 4 hours (esp since you can't go over them), with such little time left..

Just look at the experience thread, people's scores are strongly correlated with NBME. Plus, you can use the nbme discussion threads to go over stuff you got wrong. And if you buy the extra feedback, you can go see questions you got wrong. Time is always an issue with everyone but I would take one at least a few days before my test. good luck