Uworld- plateaus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sjonies88

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm newish to SDN - discovered it a few weeks ago and been browsing on the forums recently but had a question I wasn't able to find an answer to. I know a lot of people say to use Uworld as a learning tool instead of an evaluation tool, and that is what my mentality is (or that is what I am trying to have my mentality be!) However, I noticed a trend in my scores that worries me - I started Uworld (timed, random blocks of 46Q) with around 61% on each block, went up to low-mid 70%s a few weeks ago and now am back consistently scoring 61-63% on my past 5 blocks of questions. My test is in a couple weeks and I am worried about this apparent plateau in my scores. I've taken two NBME in the past 2 weeks and scored in the mid to low 220s on each, if that helps add anything to the bigger picture of where I'm at. Given the overall picture, should I be concerned about the plateau in my Uworld scores or is this plateau normal and, regardless of the plateau, are my Uworld scores in a reasonable range if my goal on this exam is ideally 230+? Thanks in advance for any help or insight!

Members don't see this ad.

From day 1 to completion, my UWorld percentage changed a total of 7% from lowest to highest average. 60% on random sounds very good for someone attempting 230+, but they always say that UWorld %'s are very bad at predicting. However, the fact that you're scoring 220's on NBME's with a couple weeks to go is very encouraging.

Don't let the UWorld % get you down. You'll have peaks -- and valleys.

Thanks for your thoughts! Peaks and valleys seems to be the name of the game - good to know that some of that is to be expected :)