UWorld questions vs NBME for self assessments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

publichealth06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have already taken the one and only UWorld self assessment, but want to continually assess my performance over the next few weeks. Should I pay $50 a pop for the NBME self assessments (and if so, which form #'s)? Or should I just simulate a self assessment using the UWorld qbank (4 blocks of 44 random unused questions, timed)?

Thoughts on the formula (UWorld average x 2.4) + 84 = 3 digit score? Does this still seem to be accurate. If I wanted to predict my progress on a simulated self-assessment could I apply this formula to the average percent correct over the 4 blocks I do?

I wish there were more UWorld self assessment forms!

Members don't see this ad.

I will tell you that the 4 NBME practice exams repeated quite a few concepts on the shelf exams

However, I did not recall a very similar question on CK that was from the NBME (unlike for the Step 1 CBS forms, which had identical repeats on Step 1)

Therefore, use the NBME as a gauge if you haev the money. Otherwise, stick with just UWorld qbank.