Uwsa 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djquickfingers

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took it....228 predicted....whats the correlation on this bad boy?? Any good?

Made a ton of stupid mistakes...but felt ok overall

Members don't see this ad.

Took it....228 predicted....whats the correlation on this bad boy?? Any good?

Made a ton of stupid mistakes...but felt ok overall

I think that's a decent score. It depends on what you're aiming for and how long you have as well.

Also, I have heard that the uwsa tend to overestimate the scores. I'm not sure by how much though. I guess someone else needs to add their opinion on that.

Have you tried an nbme?

The general consensus around SDN seems to be that you should take an NBME for score prediction and treat the UWSA exams like extra qbank questions (read the explanations, annotate, learn from them). From browsing the Scores & Experiences threads and NBME progression thread (which is GREAT, I'm sad it died: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=525730) it seems like UWSAs were consistently overpredicting for many people

Members don't see this ad :)
It varies a lot because of the difficulty of the questions. I got 230 on UWSA2, which was about 65%, and then after another two weeks of prep, I got 228 on NBME 11, which was about 83%. It's clear that UWSA questions are much harder and the curve is much friendlier.

So, if you're especially good at hard questions (say, 65%) but not so good at easy questions (say, 70%), UWSA will overpredict. If you're especially good at easy questions (say, 90%) but not as good at hard questions (say, 50%), UWSA will underpredict.

UWSA 1 wasn't any less accurate than NBME for me. Never took #2

My score is more or less congruent with my NBME's....the good news is I'm trending up...Still going to take NBME 12 before my exam next week. So hopefully within the next few days, I'll have some improvement.