UWSA2 or NBME 5 w/o feedback?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amakhosidlo

Accepted
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've got about 4 weeks until the real deal, and I've been taking 1 test/wk to get into the swing of things. I've been going over the tests afterward and figuring out how I screwed up, etc.

I basically have 3 unused NBME's left that give the extended feedback, and 4 slots to fill. Do I do an NBME with no feedback, like NBME 5, or UWSA2 and go over the questions?

Members don't see this ad.

I've got about 4 weeks until the real deal, and I've been taking 1 test/wk to get into the swing of things. I've been going over the tests afterward and figuring out how I screwed up, etc.

I basically have 3 unused NBME's left that give the extended feedback, and 4 slots to fill. Do I do an NBME with no feedback, like NBME 5, or UWSA2 and go over the questions?

I think you should do nbme

...and do 11, 12, or 13. Or maybe 7. If you haven't already done those one of those four, that's what I would do. It seems to me that the most recent NBMEs are the most predictive and representative of the exam at its current state.

Members don't see this ad :)
...and do 11, 12, or 13. Or maybe 7. If you haven't already done those one of those four, that's what I would do. It seems to me that the most recent NBMEs are the most predictive and representative of the exam at its current state.

Right, so I've already done 6 & 7.
My plan leading up to the test was going to be

Five weeks out: 6
Four weeks out: 7
Three weeks out:....?
Two weeks out: 11
Week before: 13
Week of: 12

Looks like 5 it is?

Right, so I've already done 6 & 7.
My plan leading up to the test was going to be

Five weeks out: 6
Four weeks out: 7
Three weeks out:....?
Two weeks out: 11
Week before: 13
Week of: 12

Looks like 5 it is?

Honestly I would go with UWSA 2. Maybe you don't have to take it like a test--just as another 4 sections of UW. I really learned a lot from it. NBME 5 is prob great (I didn't take it), but if you're taking 6,7, 11, 12, and 13 I think you should have a good idea of the question-style and which concepts are emphasized on NBME. Nothing can really compete with the answer explanations in UW. Just my opinion though