Vanderbilt secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctorsoontobe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone find the autobiography annoying? Do you guys actually use up 2000 words for this essay? I've been working in this essay for the entire winter break and still not happy with it.

Members don't see this ad.

I hated doing that thing. I think mine was 1500 or so words, and I'm really not happy with it. Oh well. They only accept 1/4 of interviewees, so if I don't get in, I'll convince myself it was something other than my sup-par essay.

Yeah, that thing was a b!tch to write. I procrastinated a lot and ended up writing most of it two days before my interview in Nov. I think mine was 1900 words or so.

Mine was roughly 1750 words, if I recall correctly. I'm a vandy undergrad, and was lucky enough to have a member of the committee come to one of my classes and speak about writing personal statements. She didn't know I was an applicant, but she did spend considerable time using the vandy autobiography as an example.

I was taking notes. :)

CQ