VCOM-Auburn vs ACOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noleknight16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Simple question. Which one is better?

Seems like ACOM has the rotations on lock down and VCOM-Auburn has the solid partnership with a legit university.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
From what I have seen here, most people in this situation seem to be choosing VCOM-Auburn.

Personally, I would try to avoid these two schools altogether. They are both new, and both have mandatory class attendance and dress codes-- no thanks.

Last edited:
From what I have seen here, most people in this situation seem to be choosing VCOM-Auburn.

Personally, I would try to avoid these two schools altogether. They are both new, and both have mandatory class attendance and dress codes-- no thanks.

Interesting. Why do you think that is? You would think ACOMs solid rotations would make them the favorite.

Members don't see this ad :)
To steal from Steve Jobs, "You can go live in Dothan if being safe is that important to you, or you can come with me to Auburn and we'll change the world."

If it were me, I would choose ACOM because you at least know you'll have the rotations on fleek in AL.

Is this more of a quality control thing, since they will be close to the school? Or because ACOM's connections to the hospitals will be stronger due to being an Alabama school?

If issue occur with the rotations at Auburn, wouldn't they allow some of the students to go to the rotations near the carolinas campus and edward via campus?

(Sorry just trying to connect the dots)

Is this more of a quality control thing, since they will be close to the school? Or because ACOM's connections to the hospitals will be stronger due to being an Alabama school?

If issue occur with the rotations at Auburn, wouldn't they allow some of the students to go to the rotations near the carolinas campus and edward via campus?

(Sorry just trying to connect the dots)

From what I remember, ACOM is in partnership with AMEC which is the OPTI for Alabama. They essentially had first dibs on sites there. VCOM-Auburn will probably have whatever's left in clinical sites through AMEC and also rotation sites from the other campuses like you said.

I may be wrong though so if there is a current ACOM student then feel free to correct.

Reactions: 2 users
From what I remember, ACOM is in partnership with AMEC which is the OPTI for Alabama. They essentially had first dibs on sites there. VCOM-Auburn will probably have whatever's left in clinical sites through AMEC and also rotation sites from the other campuses like you said.

I may be wrong though so if there is a current ACOM student then feel free to correct.

Yep, you're right about ACOM having the hook up.

Reactions: 3 users
Seems like this discussion is about rotations. I am from ACOM and can give you some insight. We have Alabama locations, we even have Tallahassee with hopes of more Florida locations ( I am from FL :) ). We have a specific program mentioned above that we go through that hooks us up with spots. So rotation sites are expanding and being removed based on popularity and obviously politics.

ALSO... ACOM rotations are based on what you choose to be your top pics. You put down a list of the places you'd want to do you rotations and a computer selects them by "fairness". Not by class rank, or extracurriculars, or anything like that. I don't know any reason why this isn't awesome.

Message me if you have any other questions. I know ACOM, I don't know Auburn.

Reactions: 2 users
what is "fairness" I would consider class rank to be the most fair.

what is "fairness" I would consider class rank to be the most fair.

It is based on each individual students preference. 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice.... computer tries to figure out how to make everyone happy.

Reactions: 1 users
as long as people that busted their butt to be high rank get screwed because of a lotto

Is there a class rank at ACOM? I'm interested in ACOM but I just don't know how to decide.

I was really hoping for a more riveting conversation about VCOM vs ACOM. I like the idea of training in Florida so are either really focusing on getting more Florida rotation sites?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Acom has a class ranking.

Acom has rotation sites in Tallahassee, Panama City, and Pensacola. I'm not sure about vcom-a

Reactions: 1 users