VCOM Post-Bacc Program 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What are everyone's stats? I'm worried about my stats :/

Members don't see this ad.

3.4 cgpa 3.0 science 496 mcat (going to retake in July) what are yours...this is definitely the week guys I can feel it!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey man off topic but always been curious whats it like living in miami lol? Im actually going there this Thursday for spring break!

Miami is awesome, great weather and lots of fun. I hope you come prepared to blow lots of cash though, things get expensive quick.

any recommendations on bars or clubs?

I would recommend Club E11even, FDR, Story, and Basement. You can also check out LIV but be warned drinks there are expensive as hell and full of snobby people. Also, try and pre game as much as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone talked to admissions and know if this is the week we will be hearing back?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

no i'm just assuming because someone on this thread heard back last week so hopefully more will this week.

Is the new version of the website still up? Seems like 2 weeks ago I saw a new FAQ with a lot of updated info that I can't find now. Seems like it said the class was upsized to 100 students and they expected 400 apps? Did I dream this or did anyone else see that?

Is the new version of the website still up? Seems like 2 weeks ago I saw a new FAQ with a lot of updated info that I can't find now. Seems like it said the class was upsized to 100 students and they expected 400 apps? Did I dream this or did anyone else see that?

Yea I saw it too. I think they had trouble with their new website and took it down to make some tweaks.

Thought that was the case. Probably why we aren't hearing back yet? I'm guessing they are trying to reduce the amount of paper moving around their program by doing everything by server instead of mail. In which case, they don' t want a bunch of people trying to accept and set up until this thing is in place. Ay?

Thought that was the case. Probably why we aren't hearing back yet? I'm guessing they are trying to reduce the amount of paper moving around their program by doing everything by server instead of mail. In which case, they don' t want a bunch of people trying to accept and set up until this thing is in place. Ay?

That makes sense, but we still should be hearing back soon.

Has anyone talked to admissions and know if this is the week we will be hearing back?

I talked to them and they said, at least for me, that it would be within the next two/three weeks. That was two weeks ago, so hopefully we should hear something soon!

thanks so much :) hope its this Friday for you and all of us as well!

Reactions: 1 user
ahh I did too but for some reason they didn't get one of my LOR so I think I had a complete app around mid jan to beginning of feb sometime between there shoot :(

That happened to me too!!!

It was the same for me! I applied early December but they said they never got my LORs so by the time i resubmitted them it was the end of December/beginning of January!

I feel like they'll let a bunch of people know at once.
They seem to be making a lot of changes this year.

Did you get in if you don't mind me asking and is so what were your stats?

Did you get in if you don't mind me asking and is so what were your stats?

Opps. I guess I didn't post that. Yeah, I got in!

Stats are around 3.6-3.7, no MCAT.

Thank you :) and congratulations!

oh Geez thats so early...I feel like I wont find out until a couple more weeks then
we are in the same boat lol. Im thinking about maybe sending an email and asking to see around how much longer they thing it will be.

oh Geez thats so early...I feel like I wont find out until a couple more weeks then

I hope it's soon! I have to let another program know my decision soon, but I'm trying to wait till I hear back from here first!

I hope tomorrow is the day if not I'm going to have to look into applying to other programs.

I hope tomorrow is the day if not I'm going to have to look into applying to other programs.

I hope so too! I've put off answering one program for as long as I could. I can't put it off much longer

I hope so too! I've put off answering one program for as long as I could. I can't put it off much longer

I hope they come out with something tomorrow, we have been waiting a long time.

Has anybody who applied in late January/early February heard back yet? Over here constantly refreshing my email

Has anybody who applied in late January/early February heard back yet? Over here constantly refreshing my email
Same boat -- still waiting. Really need to hear something so I can say yes/no to a couple other things! I hope we hear something within a week

Last edited:
Same here but I was complete in early January.

That's when my application was complete too. If I don't hear anything tomorrow, I'm going to call and see how much longer it will be

That's when my application was complete too. If I don't hear anything tomorrow, I'm going to call and see how much longer it will be

I spoke to Alisa last week and asked if she could give me an idea of when I should be hearing back. She said that my file was already out for review by the admission committee, and that it depended on their schedule on how quickly they turned it around to her, but it shouldn't be too much longer. Maybe we should be hearing back at the same time since we were complete around the same time.

I spoke to Alisa last week and asked if she could give me an idea of when I should be hearing back. She said that my file was already out for review by the admission committee, and that it depended on their schedule on how quickly they turned it around to her, but it shouldn't be too much longer. Maybe we should be hearing back at the same time since we were complete around the same time.

I hope so! This has been the longest wait.

Was it a bad idea to not send in a Personal Statement atop the essay question responses? I wrote a whole PS but at the last second decided not to send it because I felt there was just too much layover between it and the essay question responses. I hope they don't think it was omitted due to laziness.
I did the same thing. Everything that was guided by the essays turned out to be a great deal of what I would have put into a personal statement about this program. Instead of packing in another 500 word statement I used around 420 words on my desire to attend the program essay and 493 words describing my best qualities.

Was it a bad idea to not send in a Personal Statement atop the essay question responses? I wrote a whole PS but at the last second decided not to send it because I felt there was just too much layover between it and the essay question responses. I hope they don't think it was omitted due to laziness.
Stumpy. I love that profile pic. I'm guessing that's from one of the scenes where he goes to see the doctor played by Ricky Gervais?

Stumpy. I love that profile pic. I'm guessing that's from one of the scenes where he goes to see the doctor played by Ricky Gervais?
Yep! Louie is great.

By the way, does anyone know if they give some in-state preference? My guess is probably not.

looking at least year's thread, people started finding out around the last week of March!