VCOM Post-Bacc Program 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yep! Louie is great.

By the way, does anyone know if they give some in-state preference? My guess is probably not.

From what I've heard, they have a major Appalachian mountain region/Surrounding states/Virginia bias.

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing yet :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't hear anything today either.

From what I've heard, they have a major Appalachian mountain region/Surrounding states/Virginia bias.

At least for me, I hope that's true I'm from the Appalachian mountains/Southwest Virginia! I'll take all the help I can get to get into this program.

whats the weather like in blacksburg?

It definitely experiences all four seasons! During the summer and beginning of fall, it's hot and humid. During the late fall and winter, it gets pretty cold and it usually snows a couple of times. It's really beautiful during fall and spring!

thats sort of how Buffalo is (where i'm from) I hate the snow though but I feel like it doesn't get hit too hard

thats sort of how Buffalo is (where i'm from) I hate the snow though but I feel like it doesn't get hit too hard

Yeah, it usually gets one or two good snow storms and then the rest of the time it will be just flurries. Blacksburg and the Virginia Tech campus really are beautiful places!

i did not know even the post bacc program has preference for virginia regions. i am from the west coast and have not heard back from them, maybe i should not even bothered to apply :(

i did not know even the post bacc program has preference for virginia regions. i am from the west coast and have not heard back from them, maybe i should not even bothered to apply :(

I would still apply! You never know, there may not even be that many from Virginia applying!

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in Grundy! Have you ever heard of it? It's an extremely small town.

That's out in Buchanan right? I've never been out there before. Anyways, hopefully being from the area helps us out, I remember talking about that as one of the reasons I chose their program.

That's out in Buchanan right? I've never been out there before. Anyways, hopefully being from the area helps us out, I remember talking about that as one of the reasons I chose their program.

Yeap! It's in Buchanan County! And I hope so. I talked about it too.

Looking at some of the old threads, it seems a lot of people who applied in January/February didn't hear anything until April/May (especially those who applied without an MCAT). Maybe they review those with MCAT scores first?

Looking at some of the old threads, it seems a lot of people who applied in January/February didn't hear anything until April/May (especially those who applied without an MCAT). Maybe they review those with MCAT scores first?

Supposedly the MCAT has no bearing, but it can help you if you've already met threshold.

If it helps, I got my email on a Tuesday around 9:30am EST.

Reactions: 2 users
Did you guys get a confirmation from VCOM when they received all of your information? I know it said it usually takes 14 days to process.

I just sent everything last Friday.

Did you guys get a confirmation from VCOM when they received all of your information? I know it said it usually takes 14 days to process.

I just sent everything last Friday.

Nope, I emailed them to double check they got everything a few weeks after my last letter was sent.

I also had to email them to confirm. I think I might email them asking about possible decision dates by the end of this week.

nothing on my end either...starting to get a bit irritated

Same here. I've tried calling the past two days too but they haven't answered. I have to give another school my answer very soon and I keep trying to wait out to hear back. Looks like I'm gonna have to pay to save my seat at the other school and still wait to hear back from them.

Reactions: 1 user
Same here. I've tried calling the past two days too but they haven't answered. I have to give another school my answer very soon and I keep trying to wait out to hear back. Looks like I'm gonna have to pay to save my seat at the other school and still wait to hear back from them.

yea thats the smart thing to do I would say. Just wish we can find out soon, but nothing much more we can do now but wait.

Nothing here either. Really REALLY hoping for something this week.

Got my rejection email his afternoon. This sucks. But I wish the best of luck to all that are still in the running!

Got my rejection email his afternoon. This sucks. But I wish the best of luck to all that are still in the running!
im sorry about that man :( when did you apply? Keep your head up dude just cause it didn't happen here doesn't mean it wont. You will still make a great doctor one day!

im sorry about that man :( when did you apply? Keep your head up dude just cause it didn't happen here doesn't mean it wont. You will still make a great doctor one day!

Thank you. It's been a tough road for me this year with the "have confidence and trust that it'll work out" concept. But I applied in mid February after getting rejected from their DO program with my secondary app. But then they emailed me March 8th requesting for more info.

I heard back today too ( I was complete in late December to give you a timeline). I got accepted! To those who didn't get in..don't EVER give up on your dream of being a doctor!!

Reactions: 2 users
I heard back today too ( I was complete in late December to give you a timeline). I got accepted! To those who didn't get in..don't EVER give up on your dream of being a doctor!!
Congrats on getting in! Do you mind sharing your stats? And your EC's?

Thank you! Science GPA was around a 3.4 and MCAT is a 500 (but I didn't include it in my application) and am retaking it this May!

Thank you! Science GPA was around a 3.4 and MCAT is a 500 (but I didn't include it in my application) and am retaking it this May!

Congrats on your acceptance. Just so you know I think 500 on the MCAT is the minimum they require for the guaranteed acceptance.

Did you ever get through? I tried calling them twice today to check up on my app and they didn't answer either time.

Nope! I've called multiple times the past 3 days and still can't get an answer!

I wonder why the delay, I got all my stuff in late December and haven't heard back yet.

I don't know. I had all my stuff submitted late December/early January too. It's starting to make me nervous.

I emailed her this morning and already got a response! She said my file was currently under review and as soon as they made a decision, she would let me know!

Yup, e-mailing works a lot better. I'm under review now as well.

It is! She emailed me back within an hour! I wonder how long it will take for us to hear their decision?

I would guess by next week hopefully, the wait is starting to get to me.

i feel like they only meet a few times a week and it seems that those days are Tuesdays and Wednesdays from when the people in this thread heard back so those are the days to watch out for...Good luck to everyone!

Idk if you guys have seen this, but I noticed it on the VCOM website today.

upload_2016-4-1_16-46-45.png